Alan Gow wanted by Doncaster & Norwich

You mean thee Alan Gow?

I thought Man Utd wanted him as a like for like replacement for Ronaldo

*stifles laughter*

:lol:

Memories of Neil Woods come back to me at he mention of Doncaster Rovers. Ross McCormack was on loan there too!

I honestly think if he wants to do anything in a Rangers jersey, he needs to go out on loan somewhere now and play regular, competitive football. he obviously isn't cutting it in the reserves so go elsewhere and prove it.

Otherwise leave.

Guest therabbitt

Cant be showing up well in the reserves - he does deserve a chance and I think that he should be loaned out to try to prove himself. Perhaps to another SPL club and only until January, then can re-address the situation

Gow will be lucky if he gets a move to a Championship club who are actively chasing promotion.

Burnley would have been a good move for him. He'd be playing under a manager who he knows well and he wouldnt be too far away from his family.

hes at an age where he would really benefit from playing first team every week,hes definatly not setting the heather alight in the reserves,looks decent,nothing more imo :(

i cant understand the logic of some players tho,i mean fair enough its their livelyhood and have to get the best deal for themselves,but its a short career and to sit back and take the money when theres clearly no hope of you playing shows a of lack of ambition on gow's part,he might think now hes at a big club that it should only be a big or bigger club that he leaves for which aint going to happen.

Today's rag is saying he is going to be visiting Norwich with a view to a £250,000 transfer.

ALAN GOW will fly to Norwich this morning for talks over a £250,000 move from Rangers.

Doncaster bid the same amount for the player yesterday but have been overlooked in favour of a visit to the Championship club.

Rangers players are due to report back to Murray Park for pre-season training tomorrow at which point Gow would face an uncertain time.

But the man who made only two competitive appearances for Walter Smith after signing from Falkirk is determined to do what he feels is best for his career.

The 27-year-old can't afford a second gap year at this stage in his career so the next step he takes is vital for his development and he aims to get it right.

Gow was in talks with Norwich yesterday.

Told them how much he wanted, they were a bit iffy. Asked him to stay the night and have a medical today, but he returned home (tu)

Are you his agent? :unsure:

Hello everyone,

Could anyone tell me what Gow is like? As I understand it, Gow is to be used here as a sort of attacking player-in-the-hole kind of role. Do you think he'd be a success in this role, baring in mind the Championship is a bit rougher than the Scottish Premiership?

Of course, he's not signed yet - but we have heard he is about too.

Cheers!

LC

Hello everyone,

Could anyone tell me what Gow is like? As I understand it, Gow is to be used here as a sort of attacking player-in-the-hole kind of role. Do you think he'd be a success in this role, baring in mind the Championship is a bit rougher than the Scottish Premiership?

Cheers!

LC

:lol::lol:

he's pretty good at keeping the bech warm (tu)

Hello everyone,

Cheers!

LC

I wrote this last pre-season. http://www.rangersmedia.com/ezine/july2007/1.html

Since then, he had a family death or two just before the season started but just never won the manager over, our manager preferring more safe and players who didn't have as much skill or creativity. Gow isn't a natural winger but can play there and is more of a striker who plays in the hole but who can play either.