What about Naismith with these 3 strikers bought?

Boab

Last season, I hated him on the wing of a midfield 5 and I hope these strikers (Velicka, Laffery and the other guy) don't nudge him out. We did have Novo to play front as it was.

We seen naisy play great in a front 3, a front 3 being very different to a midfield 5 IMO, and in a front 2.

I would love to see him to play in a front 2, with Boyd even as they played together at Killie or a fluid front 3. Say, him, Boyd or another Central striker and DMB. He was in a front two at home vs Aberdeen and had a great game and impressed against Hibs in that away game at the new year in a 3.

We have a talent here, Scottish even:

When he gets fit again, I hope he's given a chance. Please don't ruin him again this year, Walter.

He won't be back till around Easter. Great young talent so I hope he makes a full recovery.

I think it'll be later than that mate. Weren't they talking about a year out??

A year out and SFA still fail to carpet that animal Hardie for that despicable stamp.

Oh well, I'm sure they would have glossed over it if the situation was vice versa :rolleyes:

I like Naisy but I don't think Hardie meant it, cause they did play wae each other at Killie after all and Hardie got in touch post the incident aswell.

Then again, Hardie has always been a dirty bastard. :)

Never showed his Killie form at Ibrox, he is a player allright and i'm sure he will have a good career at Ibrox, i thought he looked a bit overweight and sluggish when he did get a game.

Never had the chance, and when he has it's very rarely been in his natural position.

You're being pretty harsh on the lad.

BBC SPORT

Naismith rules out quick return

Rangers striker Steven Naismith says he will not rush his return to action after suffering a serious knee injury.

The forward faces up to a year out after sustaining cruciate ligament damage during the Scottish Cup semi-final against St Johnstone in May.

"I'm feeling great. There's a long way to go but hopefully I'm on track," the former Kilmarnock striker, 22, said.

"I'm not going to rush it and set dates. I'll take each week as it comes and I'll be back when I'm ready."

Naismith revealed that Ibrox coach Ian Durrant, who suffered a serious knee injury during his playing career, had been guiding him through his recovery.

Please turn on JavaScript. Media requires JavaScript to play.

"Ian had it bad and he's been giving me some good advice," he said.

"He went through the operations and the hard times. He's been great with me and ensured I'm not doing too much."

Naismith had his operation five weeks ago and said the period on the sidelines had given him time to reflect on Rangers' efforts last season.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Walter Smith guided the club to success in the CIS Cup and Scottish Cup, before they lost the SPL title to Celtic and suffered disappointment in the Uefa Cup final.

"I got injured at the worst possible time when the games were coming thick and fast," said Naismith.

"It was a major blow, but just to be part of the squad going down to Manchester for the Uefa Cup final was an experience I'll never forget."

Smith has bolstered his attacking options by signing Kenny Miller, Andrius Velicka and Kyle Lafferty - sparking speculation Kris Boyd may leave Ibrox.

Cardiff had a £2.5m bid for the Scotland international rejected and are expected to increase their offer.

However, Naismith said strikers as potent as Boyd were few and far between.

"Kris maybe didn't play as much as he would've liked last season, but he still finished top goalscorer, which tells you something," he said.

"Hopefully, he'll be here for many years to come. He's the type of striker who will always get you goals and they don't come cheap these days."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ers/7471789.stm

Published: 2008/06/24 15:52:09 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

i think it could be a long time before we see naismith back to his best. Hes had a serious injury and it takes time to get back to form after coming back from an injury like that. Out for a year and it could be another 6-12 months before hes back on form. Real shame hes a player i rate highly.

Never showed his Killie form at Ibrox, he is a player allright and i'm sure he will have a good career at Ibrox, i thought he looked a bit overweight and sluggish when he did get a game.

they do say kilmarnock makes the best pies :pipe:

I think he is an awesome player!!

He should be given a go to partner Boyd (when they have played together they've looked awesome) ahead of Lafferty, Miller and Velicka

just my opinion I rate him that highly

Hopefully the wee man will make a full and speedy recovery from the vicious stamp by that animal Hardie , he meant it alright. :angry2:

Had high hopes for Naisy when he signed but he never seemed to get a decent run in the team.