Wee quiz question

minstral

Rangers took part in the Scottish League as well as the Glasgow League and the Inter-City league on a few occasions.

I don't think they won titles both in any one season though.

frankie i tipped you to get the answer and i am sure you will get it. (tu)

Rangers took part in the Scottish League as well as the Glasgow League and the Inter-City league on a few occasions.

I'm afraid your confidence in me is misplaced my friend. :(

Around the turn of the century, I know we won the Glasgow Football league title in the following seasons (1895/96 and 1897/98) but we didn't win the Scottish League until 1898/99 so we didn't hold both in the same season.

We didn't win the Inter-City league at all.

Around the turn of the century, I know we won the Glasgow Football league title in the following seasons (1895/96 and 1897/98) but we didn't win the Scottish League until 1898/99 so we didn't hold both in the same season.

keep looking mate we won two leagues in the one season you will find it, i think manti or briton will know it, and i think outlaw will find the answer.

I938/39 season and the partial 1939/40 season which ended on september 2nd :unsure:

In 1939/40, the Scottish League season only had 5 games before we won the regional league (Western Division) after the start of WW2.

Probably the closest answer... (tu)

in the season 1939-40 rangers won two leagues. the scottish first division kicked off on 12 august 1939, but was suspended on 2 september after the onset of the second world war. rangers with 4 wins and a draw from their five games were crowned champions.

from 21 october 1939, the scottish regional league western division was introduced which rangers also won plus on may 4 1940 the beat dundee united 1-0 to add the scottish emergency war cup.

in the season 1939-40 rangers won two leagues. the scottish first division kicked off on 12 august 1939, but was suspended on 2 september after the onset of the second world war. rangers with 4 wins and a draw from their five games were crowned champions.

from 21 october 1939, the scottish regional league western division was introduced which rangers also won plus on may 4 1940 the beat dundee united 1-0 to add the scottish emergency war cup.

So I was right. We won the league that finished in the summer 1939 and won the league that finished on september 2nd 1939.

We'll call it a draw between Eric and I.... ;):rangers:

yes we will call it a draw it was just a bit of interest to keep the board a bit busy. :lol:

yes we will call it a draw it was just a bit of interest to keep the board a bit busy. :lol:

I demand a recount. :angry2:

I did win I telz ye.................. :mutley:

keep looking mate we won two leagues in the one season you will find it, i think manti or briton will know it, and i think outlaw will find the answer.

(tu) Cheers mate, My other guess was the war years, but, I was dragged away into a bloody meetin, just got out!

Was fun tho!