Broadfoot Eyes Qualifier Games

ShanksRFC

Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot hopes he can once again help the Ibrox club claim a spot in the Champions League.

Broadfoot, 23, played in last season's qualifying games and is keen to feature when Rangers bid to reach the group stages of this year's tournament.

"I'd love to be involved, it would be great," he told the club website.

"Obviously I need to do well in pre-season and hopefully get in the manager's plans. The Champions League qualifiers are huge games."

Rangers will be in the hat for Tuesday's draw for the qualifying rounds of this season's competition.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

How do you think Rangers will do in the Champions League qualifiers?

The Glasgow outfit played a total of 68 matches last season due to an extended run in Europe as well as success in the League and Scottish Cup tournaments.

And Rangers will start their season before most other SPL clubs when they enter Europe's premier club tournament at the second qualifying round stage.

"A longer break would have been nice, but these things happen," added Broadfoot.

"We had a hard season last year, but that's in the past."

If he starts the new season I think ill cry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7481467.stm

Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot hopes he can once again help the Ibrox club claim a spot in the Champions League.

Broadfoot, 23, played in last season's qualifying games and is keen to feature when Rangers bid to reach the group stages of this year's tournament.

"I'd love to be involved, it would be great," he told the club website.

"Obviously I need to do well in pre-season and hopefully get in the manager's plans. The Champions League qualifiers are huge games."

Rangers will be in the hat for Tuesday's draw for the qualifying rounds of this season's competition.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

How do you think Rangers will do in the Champions League qualifiers?

The Glasgow outfit played a total of 68 matches last season due to an extended run in Europe as well as success in the League and Scottish Cup tournaments.

And Rangers will start their season before most other SPL clubs when they enter Europe's premier club tournament at the second qualifying round stage.

"A longer break would have been nice, but these things happen," added Broadfoot.

"We had a hard season last year, but that's in the past."

If he starts the new season I think ill cry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7481467.stm

Do you have loads of hankies ? , I have a feeling you may be crying a lot

Guest The Brown Brogue

The only glimmer of hope is where he says 'Obviously I need to do well in pre-season and hopefully get in the manager's plans'

Which clutching at straws hopefully means at the moment Smith has told him he doesn't plan to give him a starting slot next season...

Guest Andypendek

What's he supposed to say?

'I was pish last season, the fans ripped me a new asshole every time I turned out and I'm shitting masel about next season. I wish I was back at St.Mirren, where men are boys and dodgy throw-ins pass without comment.'

Damned if he does, damned if he don't.

I play 7's with people comfier on a ball than Kirk Broadfoot.

I hope he never wears the shirt again. Nothing against him personally, but he's lucky if he's 1st division standard.

What's he supposed to say?

'I was pish last season, the fans ripped me a new asshole every time I turned out and I'm shitting masel about next season. I wish I was back at St.Mirren, where men are boys and dodgy throw-ins pass without comment.'

Damned if he does, damned if he don't.

:lol: