With Buffel leaving

Danny

Danny. Your mind is closed. Your using players' injuries to blame Walter for them being out and denying that others have skill by ignoring it.

If that makes you happy, fine.

I'm fed up with the negativity and can't be arsed with it anymore.

Maybe you'll be happier supporting one of the super-talented eleven SPL teams who never got near a Euro final, instead of dragging Rangers and their supporters down.

I think it is more negative to smear other supporters in the rather appalling way you just have than it is to criticise the team we ALL love.

Rethink what you've said please.

After how you've smeared the players and Walter?

Get grip.

You're out of order Oleg.

I didn't smear, I made comment. And others are agreeing with me. Do they all smear the players and Walter as well then?

Don't insult your fellow fans on this forum, be it me or anyone else please.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree completely.

Feel free to do what you want or feel you need to.

If standing up for Walter and the players is wrong, then there's something else wrong.

No, that wasn't the part I was objecting to. I suggested you're out of line to tell me to essentially bugger off and support another team.

That isn't acceptable in my or anyone else's book.

If you still disagree completely, then there's something else wrong.

Aye Danny. There is.

If you want to use your admin powers because you can't accept that my personal opinion is that your opening post is a questionable example of support, much like the boo-boys who barracked McCoist, Hateley and Hutton as well as a host of promising youngsters, fine.

That'll say enough.

Not one quality creative player in our side. Buffel and Gow days were numbered, they just weren't good enough.

We saw last season how brutal we were, we offered nothing from midfield and a creative edge was non-existant. Our manager has to get in at least 3 creative players or we will continue to struggle and be just as awful as last season.

I dont expect to see that and I think we'll continue to play the awful football we played last season. Instead of buying these players, we go out and buy 3 strikers costing £7m in total doh

Teams will now know the way we play, especially in Europe and our luck cant go on for much longer.

Get it sorted Walter!

Aye Danny. There is.

If you want to use your admin powers because you can't accept that my personal opinion is that your opening post is a questionable example of support, much like the boo-boys who barracked McCoist, Hateley and Hutton as well as a host of promising youngsters, fine.

That'll say enough.

Admin powers? What the hell are you on about?

I'm saying telling other Rangers supporters to support some other team is despicable in my view.

You didn't provide an opinion, you engaged a personal attack.

btw, you never did address the numbers of others who agreed with my post. Do you want them all to sod off and support other teams too?

If you can't directly answer this, then 'that'll say enough'.

And Gow following behind, and the Millers coming in and LM almost definitely staying, there has never been a clearer statement of what Walter Smith intends to do with this club.

Creativity and flair are concepts unlikely to furnish themselves on Ibrox ever again under Walter Smith.

We basically have no players now truly capable of it - skill, technique, dribbling.

That's what won Spain the Euros, and it's a concept Smith categorically will not embrace.

I don't know why Smith is so loathe to adopt it, but he is, and he's not going to change.

Unfortunately as things stand we can't argue with what you've said Danny. No flair means no entertainment and that, after some woeful displays last season, despite our successes, will continue again this season it pains me to admit.

BUT.... It was Walter that signed Gazza and Laudrup. It was also Walter who continuously admitted we weren't pleasing on the eye last season and I'm POSITIVE it will be down to Walter that we'll see a bit of flair and creativity in one or two transfers before the window closes. It's a "no brainer".

**Fingers crossed**

And Gow following behind, and the Millers coming in and LM almost definitely staying, there has never been a clearer statement of what Walter Smith intends to do with this club.

Creativity and flair are concepts unlikely to furnish themselves on Ibrox ever again under Walter Smith.

We basically have no players now truly capable of it - skill, technique, dribbling.

That's what won Spain the Euros, and it's a concept Smith categorically will not embrace.

I don't know why Smith is so loathe to adopt it, but he is, and he's not going to change.

Unfortunately as things stand we can't argue with what you've said Danny. No flair means no entertainment and that, after some woeful displays last season, despite our successes, will continue again this season it pains me to admit.

BUT.... It was Walter that signed Gazza and Laudrup. It was also Walter who continuously admitted we weren't pleasing on the eye last season and I'm POSITIVE it will be down to Walter that we'll see a bit of flair and creativity in one or two transfers before the window closes. It's a "no brainer".

**Fingers crossed**

I just can't see it, but I will gladly be proven wrong and put my hands up to it if that's the case.

He did indeed sign the Gazzas and Laudrups of this world, but he's now offloading that kind of player.

Probably because he got success with the robust nature of the national side, and is pretty much going with that type of football.

walter signed gazza and laudrup, but also signed loads of bad players.

Over 10 years ago.

We need to stop living in the past and wake up

If we fail to win the League this season, there will still be a section of fans who will back SDM and Walter Smith to the hilt. When someone critisizes them the excuses will come out:

Sdm used his own money to clear debt

You werent complaining about it when we were spending money

Smith won 9 in a row

Smith got us to a UEFA Cup final

Smith sign Gazza and Laudrup

etc etc

We need success now, we need action now........ We need ambition NOW!

I agree with Danny that there is a severe lack of flair in the squad. However, I think that getting rid of Buffel and Gow is more likely to help that rather than hinder the team. Neither of those players was likely to make any meaningful contribution - not because "Walter doesn't like them" but because they simply weren't particularly good players. Buffel had many opportunities in the past and failed to deliver except on a few occasions. Gow couldn't break into the team despite a huge fixture congestion.

They were dead wood and getting rid allows us to bring in more players - hopefully ones that will make a contribution.

I agree with Danny that there is a severe lack of flair in the squad. However, I think that getting rid of Buffel and Gow is more likely to help that rather than hinder the team. Neither of those players was likely to make any meaningful contribution - not because "Walter doesn't like them" but because they simply weren't particularly good players. Buffel had many opportunities in the past and failed to deliver except on a few occasions. Gow couldn't break into the team despite a huge fixture congestion.

They were dead wood and getting rid allows us to bring in more players - hopefully ones that will make a contribution.

HOW CAN YOU SAY GOW WAS DEAD WOOD WHEN HE WASNT GIVEN A CHANCE WE WERE DOWN TO THE BARE BONES LAST SEASON AND WALTER STILL WOULDNT USE HIM..

HOW CAN YOU SAY GOW WAS DEAD WOOD WHEN HE WASNT GIVEN A CHANCE WE WERE DOWN TO THE BARE BONES LAST SEASON AND WALTER STILL WOULDNT USE HIM..

Caps lock (tu)

2 good things from this, no more Buffel threads and us freeing up £17k+(whatever he was on?) a week

BRILLIANT NO MORE BUFFEL THREADS SO WE CAN GET ON DEBATING WHETHER KIRK CLUBFOOT KEVIN TOFFEESON ETC ARE RANGERS CLASS OR NOT WILL FILL THE DEBATES FROM NOW UNTIL THE END OF THE SUMMER DONT MAKE ME OR THE REST OF THE SANE COMMUNITY LAUGH.

2 good things from this, no more Buffel threads and us freeing up £17k+(whatever he was on?) a week

BRILLIANT NO MORE BUFFEL THREADS SO WE CAN GET ON DEBATING WHETHER KIRK CLUBFOOT KEVIN TOFFEESON ETC ARE RANGERS CLASS OR NOT WILL FILL THE DEBATES FROM NOW UNTIL THE END OF THE SUMMER DONT MAKE ME OR THE REST OF THE SANE COMMUNITY LAUGH.

capslockdk2.jpg

Aye Danny. There is.

That'll say enough.

Admin powers? What the hell are you on about?

I'm saying telling other Rangers supporters to support some other team is despicable in my view.

You didn't provide an opinion, you engaged a personal attack.

btw, you never did address the numbers of others who agreed with my post. Do you want them all to sod off and support other teams too?

If you can't directly answer this, then 'that'll say enough'.

I wouldn't worry, Danny, I found out yesterday after over 50 years of supporting Rangers and missing a total of 4 home games in the last quarter century, that I am not a supporter either; I offered a different opinion as well.