With Buffel leaving

Danny

2 good things from this, no more Buffel threads and us freeing up £17k+(whatever he was on?) a week

BRILLIANT NO MORE BUFFEL THREADS SO WE CAN GET ON DEBATING WHETHER KIRK CLUBFOOT KEVIN TOFFEESON ETC ARE RANGERS CLASS OR NOT WILL FILL THE DEBATES FROM NOW UNTIL THE END OF THE SUMMER DONT MAKE ME OR THE REST OF THE SANE COMMUNITY LAUGH.

capslockdk2.jpg

This made me giggle.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BUFFEL WAS THE CLASSC RANGERS EXAMPLE OF A GOOD PLAYER WHO WAS NEVER GIVEN A CHANCE NHYNDYAE WAS ANOTHER BILLY DAVIS IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK FAR ENOUGH FLECK WAS OFFLOADED AS WAS ALBERTZ MILLER IN THE FIRST PLACE VAN BRONKHORSTS LAUDRUP AND A WHOLE HOST OF OTHERS WHO WERE BOUGHT AND PLAYED OUT OF POSITION SEEMS TO BE A RANGERS DISEASE.

BUFFEL WAS THE CLASSC RANGERS EXAMPLE OF A GOOD PLAYER WHO WAS NEVER GIVEN A CHANCE NHYNDYAE WAS ANOTHER BILLY DAVIS IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK FAR ENOUGH FLECK WAS OFFLOADED AS WAS ALBERTZ MILLER IN THE FIRST PLACE VAN BRONKHORSTS LAUDRUP AND A WHOLE HOST OF OTHERS WHO WERE BOUGHT AND PLAYED OUT OF POSITION SEEMS TO BE A RANGERS DISEASE.

spot on, walter is your man for playing players out of position.

No offence, but enough is enough. Any more posts from you after this with caps on will be deleted.

Sorry to seem harsh, but caps lock = bad.

Aye Danny. There is.

If you want to use your admin powers because you can't accept that my personal opinion is that your opening post is a questionable example of support, much like the boo-boys who barracked McCoist, Hateley and Hutton as well as a host of promising youngsters, fine.

That'll say enough.

Admin powers? What the hell are you on about?

I'm saying telling other Rangers supporters to support some other team is despicable in my view.

You didn't provide an opinion, you engaged a personal attack.

btw, you never did address the numbers of others who agreed with my post. Do you want them all to sod off and support other teams too?

If you can't directly answer this, then 'that'll say enough'.

I wouldn't worry, Danny, I found out yesterday after over 50 years of supporting Rangers and missing a total of 4 home games in the last quarter century, that I am not a supporter either; I offered a different opinion as well.

That must have been a hell of a revelation for you Doc?

And Gow following behind, and the Millers coming in and LM almost definitely staying, there has never been a clearer statement of what Walter Smith intends to do with this club.

Creativity and flair are concepts unlikely to furnish themselves on Ibrox ever again under Walter Smith.

We basically have no players now truly capable of it - skill, technique, dribbling.

That's what won Spain the Euros, and it's a concept Smith categorically will not embrace.

I don't know why Smith is so loathe to adopt it, but he is, and he's not going to change.

And you deduce this from the man who signed Albertz, Laudrup & Gascoigne - how?

Aye Danny. There is.

If you want to use your admin powers because you can't accept that my personal opinion is that your opening post is a questionable example of support, much like the boo-boys who barracked McCoist, Hateley and Hutton as well as a host of promising youngsters, fine.

That'll say enough.

Admin powers? What the hell are you on about?

I'm saying telling other Rangers supporters to support some other team is despicable in my view.

You didn't provide an opinion, you engaged a personal attack.

btw, you never did address the numbers of others who agreed with my post. Do you want them all to sod off and support other teams too?

If you can't directly answer this, then 'that'll say enough'.

I wouldn't worry, Danny, I found out yesterday after over 50 years of supporting Rangers and missing a total of 4 home games in the last quarter century, that I am not a supporter either; I offered a different opinion as well.

That must have been a hell of a revelation for you Doc?

Yes and I don't know how to swap my season ticket for one in another stadium. Guess I will have to continue being a caring non supporter at Ibrox.

Gettin very bizarre this thread, a lot of in fighting about a player whose leaving never to be seen again and a caps lock issue ????????????????????????????????????????????????? :sherlock:

Christ's sake!

It just got even more bizarre with you talking more sense than most of the posters. :D

(tu)

We all know WS needs to bring in some flair players, but hopefully so does he. There is plenty of time and gaining Buffel's salary will help there.

(tu)

Spot on! It just seems to be the wrong point to be making over this move at the wrong time.

Some folk are just too keen to have a pop at Walter.

Buffels salary should have gone towards De Ridder or Klasnic.

But Watties team next season will contain Weir,Adam,Broadfoot,Dailly,Papac and McCulloch along with Lafferty and Miller.

Hardly happy reading.although i'll give Lafferty his chance.

Wattie plays 1 way....don't lose and try sneak a win.

We were lucky he came across Laudrup and Gazza but remember he got rid of Trevor Steven for Stewart McCall...although Stewarty was a great servant he never was a flair player like Steven.

he consistantly played McPherson even though we all knew he was a diddy,a Broadfoot type player.

Buffels salary should have gone towards De Ridder or Klasnic.

But Watties team next season will contain Weir,Adam,Broadfoot,Dailly,Papac and McCulloch along with Lafferty and Miller.

Hardly happy reading.although i'll give Lafferty his chance.

Wattie plays 1 way....don't lose and try sneak a win.

We were lucky he came across Laudrup and Gazza but remember he got rid of Trevor Steven for Stewart McCall...although Stewarty was a great servant he never was a flair player like Steven.

he consistantly played McPherson even though we all knew he was a diddy,a Broadfoot type player.

In fairness, Walter sold him for £5.5m, which couldn't really be turned down, then brought him back a year later for £2.4m. A great piece of business. He also got us to withing 1 goal of the inaugural Champions' League Final.

He also got us to withing 1 goal of the inaugural Champions' League Final.

No he didn't, and it wont matter how many times you repeat that little favourite of yours, it wont be true. Suffice to say that Walter Smith had a very good first European campaign.

No he didn't, and it wont matter how many times you repeat that little favourite of yours, it wont be true. Suffice to say that Walter Smith had a very good first European campaign.

Sorry, but it is true.

Group A

Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts

Flag of France Marseille 6 3 3 0 14 4 +10 9

Flag of Scotland Rangers 6 2 4 0 7 5 +2 8

Flag of Belgium Club Brugge 6 2 1 3 5 8 -3 5

Flag of Russia CSKA Moscow 6 0 2 4 2 11 -9 2

1 more goal against Marseille would have put us a point ahead of them.

Also, it was his second European season. His first season saw us knocked out of the European Cup 1st round by Sparta Prague. It was a late goal as I recall.

Sorry, but it is true.

Group A

Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts

Flag of France Marseille 6 3 3 0 14 4 +10 9

Flag of Scotland Rangers 6 2 4 0 7 5 +2 8

Flag of Belgium Club Brugge 6 2 1 3 5 8 -3 5

Flag of Russia CSKA Moscow 6 0 2 4 2 11 -9 2

1 more goal against Marseille would have put us a point ahead of them.

Also, it was his second European season. His first season saw us knocked out of the European Cup 1st round by Sparta Prague. It was a late goal as I recall.

walter smith in europe, the worst of bizzare formations and negative tactics. :)

Sorry, but it is true.

No it is not. There were still another round of games left and you can't assume the same results would have occurred. If we beat Marseille away, yes we would probably got to the final, but that's not the same thing.

I take your point about it being his second season, my mistake.

No it is not. There were still another round of games left and you can't assume the same results would have occurred. If we beat Marseille away, yes we would probably got to the final, but that's not the same thing.

I take your point about it being his second season, my mistake.

Sorry but I stand by my earlier claim since the final matches went like this:

Matchday Six

Club Brugge 0–1 Marseille

Rangers 0–0 CSKA Moscow

Marseille took full points and we didn't, partly because Hateley was suspended for pushing away Lorenzo Staelens of Club Bruges who had him in a head lock. You may claim that we wouldn't have got that single point, but I recall that game and remember that CSKA hardly attacked and McCoist had quite a few chances.

walter signed gazza and laudrup, but also signed loads of bad players.

I wouldn't say that makes Walter a sucker for a flair player.

Any manager would have taken those two for the SPL if they could afford it.

It was only 2 points for a win, so even if we had beaten CSKA in the last match, we still would have been behind Marseille on goal difference.

:)

That wasn't my point though.

I was saying one more goal Vs Marseille would have put us through.

Jesus that's a bit grudging, Iain.

It's true. I think.

I do always need to remind myself that while we all scream for this 'flair' player we need, it is worth remembering that type of player gets kicked off the park in Scotland with little or no protection from the officials.

It's true. I think.

I do always need to remind myself that while we all scream for this 'flair' player we need, it is worth remembering that type of player gets kicked off the park in Scotland with little or no protection from the officials.

Not if they are good enough. (Baxter, McMillan, Gazza, Laudrup, etc.)