Rangers pre-season destinations

I think we should be going out to places like America to raise our profile because, apart from Shogun, how many people know who the most successful club in the world is ?

Mostly everyone in Europe knows who we are anyway so why doesn't Walter decide to go to the Far East or New York instead of Germany and Holland. I remember reading online that Rangers were going to play Celtic in Australia but nothing else has came up about it. Playing teams like Man U abroad would get people to recognise us.

Rather we select locations where we can have a decent mix of competitive games to ensure the best pre season possible.

Let's leave the 'love us please' attitude to Steak Pie F.C.

Prostituting our brand in the Americas when we are weeks away from make or break games in European competition isn't best preperation in my opinion.

Rather we select locations where we can have a decent mix of competitive games to ensure the best pre season possible.

Prostituting our brand in the Americas when we are weeks away from make or break games in which our European isn't best preperation in my opinion.

:laugh: it's just I don't like it when they say.... who's the top team in scotland ? celtic ? :mad:

Prostituting our brand in the Americas when we are weeks away from make or break games in which our European isn't best preperation in my opinion.

:laugh: it's just I don't like it when they say.... who's the top team in scotland ? celtic ? :mad:

51 - 42 = Dominance!

That's all you need to say mate.

Why dont we tour scotland?

Play small teams accross the country, Amature teams. Show them, that were a good friendly club.

Why spend money, going to germany to play pishy amature teams their. When we can get fans involved here.

because no one likes us in scotland.

Play small teams accross the country, Amature teams. Show them, that were a good friendly club.

Why spend money, going to germany to play pishy amature teams their. When we can get fans involved here.

because no one likes us in scotland.

and we don't care

good shout with America especially with the DMB connection we should exploit it

I vote for America and I will be able to see the team. When Celtic played here Csta and I went and supported the New England Revolution wearing our Rangers scarfves :rangers::rangers:

Rangers has played exhibitions in the US. The MLS is in it's regular season during Europe's pre-season. So it is diffifult to do anything more than a quick one or two game stop in the the US. Which is what Chelsea, Man U and Celtic have done in the past.

Rangers has played exhibitions in the US. The MLS is in it's regular season during Europe's pre-season. So it is diffifult to do anything more than a quick one or two game stop in the the US. Which is what Chelsea, Man U and Celtic have done in the past.

yeah we beat the college all-stars then lost to santos and river plate <_<

yeah we beat the college all-stars then lost to santos and river plate <_<

Not sure about college all stars. Beat LA Galaxy last year.

We should go to Argentina - Boca and River.... thats competition (Or atleast boca are)

China wouldn't go a miss either, teams like FC Seoul (Is that China? or is it Japan.. korea, wherever?)

Anythings better than the pish we're playing now.

aside from Liverpool (Which is for money, nae training) and schalke we're playing games so we win them.

I'd like to see a connection with the likes of Boca or River Plate, annual friendlies, players going back and forth on loan and spearding the word of each other. Maybe Boca's a bit out of our league, but River Plate and Racing and La Plata (or fitivr they're called) are within our grasp. Something that will attract players, rather than pish amounts of money. We've got this connection in China, something we've NEVER used for players, although it hurts tae say this, look at Nakamura and Park, both of them are from that league, and (Park is a) fantastic player (Mutt Muncher jist looks good cos the rest o the Bradie Bunch are pish).

Remember we played LA Galaxy last pre-season ? That could have been far better used in terms of fan relations. Didnt someone say that the team went straight off after the game instead of going to the fans ?

Were there any 'meet the player' sessions ?

Again it appears that our PR/media people are not up to there jobs. When we had the winter shut down and we came over to Ft Lauderdale we played stupid little teams that nobody would be interested in apart from the die hards who came down from Canada etc. We had a ball but never sold the brand to anyone outside the Rangers family. We played a stupid Uruguayan select team that ended in the game being called off early when McCann got kicked all over the park and Amo went to his rescue. If we want to sell our brand we need to add some glamour. We had Reyna the US captain at the time but never tried to reach the yanks with him and I doubt that we will use DMB either. Purchasing some air time on Fox soccer channel would be a start. It pisses me off to see the scum merchandise on there and not ours.

i for one am glad they are coming to Germany - gives me a chance to see them play - and i don't think Schalke 04 are an amatuer team!! :angry2:

You've got to bear in mind that these things don't just 'happen', a lot of work goes in to organising them.

Obviously various ideas will be considered, but nothing can be finalised until we know our European timetable for the season. For example we had provisionally arranged a pre season trip to Newcastle, but it turns out we will be in a CL Qualifier that night.

And we don't go to European destinations every year, 2005 we went to Canada and 2006 to South Africa.

i for one am glad they are coming to Germany - gives me a chance to see them play - and i don't think Schalke 04 are an amatuer team!! :angry2:

Shalke are certainly no amature team also i will now get the chanc to go and see the team play. I understand where the OP is coming from and after reading some online papers today it seems the scum have hired someone to exploit this very thing, whereas we have no-one and don't seem to be interested in global awareness if we were we would be with Nike.

51 - 42 = Dominance!

Still, they are (sadly) a more instantly recognisable brand than Rangers are in all honestly, and that can only be a good thing for them.

51 - 42 = Dominance!

Still, they are (sadly) a more instantly recognisable brand than Rangers are in all honestly, and that can only be a good thing for them.

if you go onto the america football websites like worldsoccershop you will see you can buy celtic strips and footballs and hats then you go onto the rangers bit and all you can buy is a simply the best poster and a board game <cr> they also think our squad is this:

CURRENT SQUAD

Goalkeepers

1 - Stefan Klos - 8/16/1971-Germany

25 - Ronald Waterreus - 8/25/1970-Netherlands

Defenders

2 - Fernando Ricksen - 7/20/1976-Netherlands

3 - Olivier Bernard - 10/14/1979-France

5 - Marvin Andrews - 12/22/1975-Trinidad

14 - Sotirios Kyrgiakos - 7/23/1979-Greece

16 - Julien Rodriguez - 6/11/1978-France

18 - Jose Pierre-Fanfan - 7/26/1975-France

20 - Alan Hutton - 11/30/1984-Scotland

24 - Ian Murray - 3/20/1981-Scotland

33 - Marc Kalenga - France

34 - Steven Smith - Scotland

37 - Gary MacKenzie - Scotland

Midfielders/Wingers

4 - Thomas Buffel - 2/19/1981-Belgium

6 - Barry Ferguson - 2/2/1978-Scotland

7 - Brahim Hemdani - 3/15/1978-France

8 - Alex Rae - 9/30/1969-Scotland

11 - Gavin Rae - 11/28/1977-Scotland

12 - Robert Malcolm - 11/12/1980-Scotland

17 - Chris Burke - 12/2/1983-Scotland

31 - Hamed Namouchi - Tunisia

50 - Dany N'Guessan-France

Forwards/Strikers

9 - Dado Prso - 11/5/1974-Croatia

10 - Nacho Novo - 3/26/1979-Spain

15 - Filippo Maniero - 9/11/1972-Italy

19 - Steven Thompson - 10/14/1978-Scotland

21 - Francis Jeffers - 1/25/1981-England

26 - Peter Lovenkrands - 1/29/1980-Denmark

39 - Robert Davidson - Scotland

39 - Tom Brighton - Scotland

44 - Ross McCormack - Scotland

We should go to Argentina - Boca and River.... thats competition (Or atleast boca are)

River Plate - 2008 Champions

They welcome the chase!

You've got to bear in mind that these things don't just 'happen', a lot of work goes in to organising them.

Obviously various ideas will be considered, but nothing can be finalised until we know our European timetable for the season. For example we had provisionally arranged a pre season trip to Newcastle, but it turns out we will be in a CL Qualifier that night.

And we don't go to European destinations every year, 2005 we went to Canada and 2006 to South Africa.

Well said.