Papac for centre half?

With Big Davie getting on a bit and Webster short of fitness, do you think Watty will give Papac a chance at centre back. If Stevie Smith can recapture the form of old, Sasa may not be needed in the full back role and with his form towards the end of last season, I feel he should be given a chance in his natural role. I remember his first game at centre half against Celtic and he was outstanding and he has never been given a chance with a decent centre half beside him. Would you give him a chance at centre back?

I think the guy is a decent tackler.

At left back his positioning looks a bit woefull sometimes and he cant pass a ball for toffee.

King Carlos could make him into a decent Centre back partner. He gave Weir a couple of extra years so who knows what could happen!!

I wouldn't rule it out. I don't think it's fair to judge any player based solely on their performances during the PLG era. Papac also seems to be a bit more physical now as Walter's reign has progressed.

Certainly worth a look pre-season.

Never ever. Papac the guy doesn't have a decent challenge in him. What is most worrying is that it looks like him,broadfoot and Dailly will probably play a good few games this season - the 3 of them are awful

I think he should be given a chance, last season at the beginning we were crying out for a new left back and wanting rid of Papac, even WS was going to let him go but Papac wanted to stay and prove his worth, and I think he did that well.

Under PLG we were leaking goals with Papac, Svennsson and sometimes Hemdani it the back we were leaking goals left right and centre, also didn't help having Letizi in goal for some of those games! Papac could be a useful partner to Cuellar and they might compliment each other pretty well.

We actually have a few players who can play there, although most have made their minds up about them despite them not playing there with Cuellar before.

I'm not too concerned about the defence, particularly since it looks like we're keeping Cuellar and McGregor. Weir, Webster, Dailly, Papac and Broadfoot should be enough cover. I think that Whittaker can contribute in his favoured role and if Steven Smith can get back to decent form, I'll be quite happy.

Up front, we have enough options, so I think that midfield and the wings are where we should be concentrating, especially as Walter has said he is only looking for one or two more players, although I've heard that before on occasions we've signed three, four or five.

Papac saved us countless times this season with important last second tackles. By the end of the season he was one of the best players on the park. The single most under rated player in the gers team. I'd like to see him there, if we dont actually sign another centre half, for a couple of pre season games.

ive said this weeks ago ,save cash put big sasa with in with the king carlos and well cleanup. iagree now were well equipped up front only middle of the park needs sorting get fergie back in front of back four thommo on the left,it looks like davis is coming back so play him behind strikers and buy creative class player like a riquielme ,that should do ,but as usual well end up with a scott severin or a liam miller

No way. A CH needs to be a good header o0f a ball and Papac is very poor at that. He was awful at CH under PLG. I like him at LB.

We need a good CH to partner Cuellar. WS will see that too. Weir is too old now; Webster is never fit - but is good; Daily is very poor and old.

No way. A CH needs to be a good header o0f a ball and Papac is very poor at that. He was awful at CH under PLG. I like him at LB.

We need a good CH to partner Cuellar. WS will see that too. Weir is too old now; Webster is never fit - but is good; Daily is very poor and old.

is this guy suchy not coming

Under PLG we were leaking goals with Papac, Svennsson and sometimes Hemdani it the back we were leaking goals left right and centre...

This is a myth. Under PLG we conceded less than a goal a game and only 6 in his last 10 games.

Under PLG we were leaking goals with Papac, Svennsson and sometimes Hemdani it the back we were leaking goals left right and centre...

This is a myth. Under PLG we conceded less than a goal a game and only 6 in his last 10 games.

True, but the goals we lost were shocking. I'd still say we were better at the back this year just finished. I mean, Cuellar or Svensson?

True, but the goals we lost were shocking. I'd still say we were better at the back this year just finished. I mean, Cuellar or Svensson?

We seemed to concede goals everytime a cross came in and we were only under the management of PLG for a short period of time. How bad would it have been if he remained the whole season?

I still think Papac is a better left back than Smith, certainly in terms of positioning and in defending. Smith was better going forward but gave too much space and time to allow his opponents to put in crosses and a lot of the goals we lost under Eck and PLG came from this.

Regarding Papac, I was under the impression that he was a left back for all his previous clubs and only played in central defence for his national team as the left side of a 3 at the back.

I'm not saying they weren't poor but we didn't leak goals 'left, right and centre'. We paid for every mistake though as we were not creating/scoring enough. Cuellar looks to be better than every centre half since Gough.

We seemed to concede goals everytime a cross came in and we were only under the management of PLG for a short period of time. How bad would it have been if he remained the whole season?

Well there's good reason to think it would have got better because that is what had been happening. People on here tend to talk as if we were on some kind of downward spiral but that is not the way it was. When Walter Smith took over we were in 2nd place having recovered from a disastrous start that saw us slump to 4th and were on a comparatively good run of form. It was not like the season before when we were miles behind Hearts. We didn't look in serious danger of failing to finish 2nd by the time we regained that spot. Not that we were any great shakes, far from it.

Papac was a nightmare in there under Le Guen. He finally finds a bit of consistency as a left back - his best position in my opinion - and you lot want to shift him back!

He hasnt been awful there before. Many people always said he offered a defensive balance to our side at fullback, so why could he not go in at centre back?

It would be worth a try but id rather see someone at left back and centreback other than papac