Optimism/pessimism

Danny

Optimism/pessimism  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about next season?

• Optimistic
    • Pessimistic
    • Somewhere in the middle

Just wanting to to guage general feeling right now.

Without being too specific, are you, overall, optimistic or pessmistic, or fairly neutral about our prospects next season?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without wanting to sound repetitive, the Kenny Miller signing has put me in a right downer and made me question most decisions Walter makes.

In terms of building a side, as much as I disagree with tactics and whatnot, I trust(ed) Walter. But like I say, that one piece of business has made me very pessimistic.

Very optimistic indeed. I'd go as far as to say I know the league is ours, and I'm one who clings to the tenets of epistemology.

I can only see us improving, with a bit more emphasis on attacking with so many strikers.

I'd like to see a couple of creative players in the form of an attacking midfielder and a right winger.

I expect Celtic to do the usual headline grabbing signing that doesn't compare with Laudrup or Gascoigne in prestige, which will impress people but fail to deliver.

the league is ours next season if murray doesn't sell our best player half-way through the season, we don't play 4 games in 7 days, we don't play 19 games in europe again and celtic don't complain and intimidate the refs

i know the last one is going to be hard but we will just have to put up with it :harhar:

Somewhat in the middle. Not impressed with the signings so far and not too happy at the lack of deadwood leaving. Still the best part of a month to go so my mood could change.

Reasonably optimistic at the moment. A couple of decent signings would certainly fuel my optimism. On the other hand, if we flog Boyd or Carlos I'll probably start to slip into a more pessimistic mindset.

Not going to win the league with this team. Simple.

Why not?

Am fairly optimistic. I think I can see why we have signed the players we have, and also, I can see some building for the future. Guys like Shagger, Boyd, Carlos, Naismith, Lafferty, Beasley, Thomson have all got a good 10 years in them, so, unlike most recent times, we wont need to completely rebuild EVERY summer going forward

Pessimistic.

I was on a high for a great deal of last season, but I haven't yet got over the massive thump back to reality at the end. This squad has commendable heart and effort, but it lacks quality. I haven't seen anything so far this summer that has addressed that problem.

I'm not making any final judgements yet though. My mood may well change depending on any future signings we make.

I'm always optimistic at the beginning of every season, just my personality.

Damn you. We don't need the likes of your type around here :P

I'm not sure, I was more optimistic at the start of Le Guen's era, it's just some of the signings haven't been really inspiring and im expecting to see some more horrible games again this season

Having said that, I do think we could win the league, last year has shown that that's definately a possibility.

Somewhere in the middle for me at the moment. I'd like to see some more signings maybe someone with a bit of trickery or something as just 'getting the job done' seems like it will be on the agenda again.

Somewhere in the middle for me. Competed well last season, with an average bunch of players, but moving forward to the new season, nothing there to fill me with hope, and where is the quality and creativity going to come from!

I'm optimistic at the start of every season.

Granted its taken a little while longer to get into the mood this time round after the extreme low at the end of last, but the good feelings are returning and I'm ready and raring to go. They can f*ck their four, number 52 is on its way.

:rangers: