Optimism/pessimism

Danny

Optimism/pessimism  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about next season?

• Optimistic
    • Pessimistic
    • Somewhere in the middle

So, out of curiosity Muff, in you r opinion, if the season started now, with the squad we currently have, how would the season pan out? Where would we be at the end of it trophy wise, Euro wise, and League position wise?

Certainly not good enough to win the league. The defence and midfield not strengthened. We'd continue to struggle at the back and there would be no Davis. We'd continue to play horrific football and if we drew a decent side in the CL 3rd qualifying round then we'd be knocked out as our run of luck will of finally run out and teams will know know how to beat us. May end up with the Scottish or CIS but that depends if we stay away from injuries.

This current squad is brutal, no pace at full back, a 38 year old CB, a captain who is fucked, no creativity, bite, skill, craft, link from midfield to our strikers etc, no-one to beat a man and deliver a quality ball(Beasley does it but he's either a hit or a miss), another season without players who can take a decent set-piece....

Anyone who thinks this squad is good enough just now is miles off. We saw how we struggled in a lot of areas last season and they have not been addressed so far.

The way you have been lately, Am beginning to think someone in the management team pumped your lass

They wish. End of the day I want to see a hell of a lot better than what I'm seeing at the moment. The lack of ambition and knowledge is terrible. I'm not asking for world class superstars, we have seen that there are good players going for prices we could afford. Unfortunatley we have a stubborn, old mediocre manager who will never change. If we cant do better than the likes of Miller, Lafferty, Velicka, Webster and giving new deals to Dailly and Weir then we are in trouble.

haha quality answer.

I see what your saying, but, surely the argument would be, its basically the same squad as last season, so, if we crash in europe, we should win the treble, no? Since the Euro run is being used everywhere as a big reason we didnt win the league.

I would have said a lack of pace throught the side really, altho, DMB, Lafferty (apparently, not seen much of him) and, he who shall not be named, have a bit, plus Naismith when he comes back

and, agree, I think the bulk of pre season should be spent on set piece practice, or, let Boyd take them? he is one of the few we have that can pretty much bet on a shot on target.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

celtc wont have as poor a run this season like they did last(well I'd imagine they wouldn't)

Saying that, we cant be as poor against the bottom 6 as last season.

End of the day, this current squad is not good enough. One injury to either Cuellar, Thomson or Ferguson and we'd be fukd!

I dont think we can be as bad against them, no, then again, i know we are less good (?? wheres my grammar gone tonight), but, i do sense the league is beginning to improve slightly, and, I dont think we are coping well with the competition!

We need to add pace, all across the team I think, its part and parcel of the modern game, and, also, even playing defensively, I think we countered best in Europe with Beasley and JCD

I'm optimistic as I usually am at the start of the season. Last season was supposed to be a time for steadying the ship, yet we reached the UEFA Cup Final, won the 2 domestic cups and came close to winning the league. Next season I see us playing a little more adventurously, and as long as we keep the core of the team together, and by that I mean McGregor, Cuellar & Ferguson, then I really can't see us failing to win the SPL. Especially as our main rivals for the league title are nothing special.

Man, I feel like a f*ckin hippy!

am really relaxed about this season (last time i felt this relaxed about Rangers, was just before the Lyon away game, so, take from that what you will) and coming on here, with such opposing feelings (Emo to Abba), am sat here thinking, aw, cant we all just get along???

Fuds, what have you done to me! hahaha

Optimism is the thin majority with neutrality behind it. But pessimism isn't unpopular.

The support's emotion is very divided right now.