Did you know that Calum Reidford was released?

Boab

Keeper Callum Reidford is part of the squad that flies out on Friday morning from Edinburgh to Munich as they head for Austria. The 21-year-old, was released by Rangers at the end of last season and was on loan to Dundee in the season before last. Having gone there for experience that was limited to just four games in six months. He told the website:-

"Going to Dundee was a bad decision. Travelling up every day from Glasgow wasn't good, I got a bad injury and things went bad from there.

"I went back to Rangers in the February and I just didn't enjoy it at all. The set-up here seems totally different, they're a better bunch of boys.

"I've only been here a couple of days but the boys have been great and coming here would be a great move for me."

Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor appeared to benefit from his time at East End and he had no reservations in commending the club to his understudy..

"He told me it was a good club and a nice club to come to and it being a good set of boys makes life a little easier."

Since Sean Murdoch was allowed to go to Hamilton Jim McIntyre has been looking for a number two and he is giving Callum a chance to impress:-

"He will come to Austria with us. He's shown up well in his first couple of days and I'll make a decision on him after Austria."

http://www.dafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1338568,00.html

Remember seeing this a couple of weeks back, but went on the Dunfermline site and found this.

I bet there'd be some who'd rather have Reidford than Graeme Smith! As 3rd choice anyway!

Keeper Callum Reidford is part of the squad that flies out on Friday morning from Edinburgh to Munich as they head for Austria. The 21-year-old, was released by Rangers at the end of last season and was on loan to Dundee in the season before last. Having gone there for experience that was limited to just four games in six months. He told the website:-

"Going to Dundee was a bad decision. Travelling up every day from Glasgow wasn't good, I got a bad injury and things went bad from there.

"I went back to Rangers in the February and I just didn't enjoy it at all. The set-up here seems totally different, they're a better bunch of boys.

"I've only been here a couple of days but the boys have been great and coming here would be a great move for me."

Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor appeared to benefit from his time at East End and he had no reservations in commending the club to his understudy..

"He told me it was a good club and a nice club to come to and it being a good set of boys makes life a little easier."

Since Sean Murdoch was allowed to go to Hamilton Jim McIntyre has been looking for a number two and he is giving Callum a chance to impress:-

"He will come to Austria with us. He's shown up well in his first couple of days and I'll make a decision on him after Austria."

Remember seeing this a couple of weeks back, but went on the Dunfermline site and found this.

I bet there'd be some who'd rather have Reidford than Graeme Smith!

i didnt know he had left where has he gone to

I bet there'd be some who'd rather have Reidford than Graeme Smith!

i didnt know he had left where has he gone to

the link in the post above yours is a dead give away

Reidford was never going to make it with us I'm afraid. Good luck to him at the Pars.

Morton want(ed) Lee Robinson on loan again:

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/articles/2/25548

He has potential, Came on as a sub last season i think? Or the season before, to give a keeper a standing ovation. Cant even remember who..Klos or watterues an guessing.

He barely got a game for the reserves, not much hope for him at our level?

What happened to Lee Robinson that went to Greenock?

Hes been in training at murray park the past week..

Reidford was never going to make it with us I'm afraid. Good luck to him at the Pars.

He has potential, Came on as a sub last season i think? Or the season before, to give a keeper a standing ovation. Cant even remember who..Klos or watterues an guessing.

Last game of the McLeish era against Hearts.

McLeish wanted to give The Mullet a send off.

Always thought we had quite a lot of goalkeepers on our books, McGregor will obviously be number 1 with Alexander as back up, Smith will play in the reserves and Robinson will probably go out on loan again, then we have Adam for the under 19s, and I'm sure there is some other youngster on our books. More than enough, Reidford really never had a chance at Rangers.

Didn't he cross himself as he came on?

Knowing Calum he would have wanted first team football and Rangers prob know that. He was always a class goalie when we used to play and im sure he wouldn't want to be 3rd choice really. Was on loan at Dundee and when you have The Shagger and Alexander he would never make the first team at Rangers.