Could anybody see us make no more signings?

Boab

We'll make half hearted bids for good players only to see Celtic sign them or someone else get them and make out we tried so hard.

Then we'll start the season with Broadfoot,Adam and McCulloch all playing and then you'll see me head out and go to the pub.

The question we all should be asking is ..... Where is the quality we were prommised?

We all accepted when Walter spent the best part of £12m bringing in the likes of Cousin, Darcheville, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Thomson, Gow, Naismith, McCulloch and Beasley etc. as we knew he was building the foundations of a squad. We knew we had to bring in more quantity last season than actual quality as our squad was depleted and needed a major revampt.

However we accepted these players on the promise that THIS summer we would start adding the quality to what is a very full but mediocre squad. I'm sorry but players like Miller, Velicka and Lafferty are no where near the standard of player that I was expecting to be signed this season and as far as i'm concerned they will make little improvement to our starting 11, something which Walter should be addressing.

Who were you expecting? and define quality ;)

(you will notice i made no daft mentions of ronaldos or Kakas, is just an interesting point)

I honestly had no clue what to expect, I'm not a scout nor do I know the financial details of the club in terms of budget and wage structure etc. However when comments were comming from Murray and Walter saying things like "quality will be added" I expected a bit more than a 29 Lithuanian who has never really made it, a so called talented Irishman who's yet to prove himself and a player who has been a flop a almost every club he's been to.

Well the net amount we have spent so far,is roughly equal to the amount we were allegedly going to pay for Carricolo or whatever his name is. A reasonable man would assume that there is still a fair chunk of money sitting somewhere and would expect Davis, a CB and another midfield player (never mind 2 wingers and a right back) but probably Davis and a cheap CB knowing our current chairman/manager.

aye defo need a new cb for when weir is no longer effective

but for our attacking mid, what about young fleck.

surely his couple games at the later end of the season is proof hes

in the plans??

Hello matey.

I never thought about Fleck. Let's hope his few games at the end of last season weren't just to keep him happy. I sincerley hope that he will be a regular now.

Well the net amount we have spent so far,is roughly equal to the amount we were allegedly going to pay for Carricolo

That deal included everything, fee, signing on fee and wages over the period of the contract!

As for signings or even rumours. It's becoming very quiet and increasingly frustrating.

in the plans??

Hello matey.

I never thought about Fleck. Let's hope his few games at the end of last season weren't just to keep him happy. I sincerley hope that he will be a regular now.

I've always been a fan of the theory that "if your good enough, your old enough".

When you look at the Premiership over the last few years we have seen players like Rooney, Fabregas and Milner etc. all playing vital matches when they were only in thier teens. Now i'm not saying that Fleck is in the same league as these players, we havent seen enough of him to make that assessment, but he could be. He has to be given his chance (and I don't mean the odd 5-10 minutes here and there) as I honestly think he has the potential to become a great player and I reckon this season is the right time to give him that chance.

My only concern is that Walter has never been one for blooding young talent, something he has been criticised for at Everton also. I hope i'm wrong and I hope we see more of Fleck, Furman and even Lennon next season.

in the plans??

Hello matey.

I've always been a fan of the theory that "if your good enough, your old enough".

When you look at the Premiership over the last few years we have seen players like Rooney, Fabregas and Milner etc. all playing vital matches when they were only in thier teens. Now i'm not saying that Fleck is in the same league as these players, we havent seen enough of him to make that assessment, but he could be. He has to be given his chance (and I don't mean the odd 5-10 minutes here and there) as I honestly think he has the potential to become a great player and I reckon this season is the right time to give him that chance.

My only concern is that Walter has never been one for blooding young talent, something he has been criticised for at Everton also. I hope i'm wrong and I hope we see more of Fleck, Furman and even Lennon next season.

I too worry about Walters reliance on experienced players. He doesn't seem to get that the young guys need games to get used to the top flight. With Weir and Dailly staying he has the experience there to help young guys along so I fully expect them to get games this season. If they don't then he has learned nothing.

Surely to fuck theres still more signings to come in. As for Davis I can see him going to Blackburn, rumours are hoaching about him signing for them now.

Yeah I just looked on a Blackburn forum along with newsnow and it seems Blackburn are very interested.

I think it's a disgrace that we'll pay almost £4m for Lafferty straight away but refuse to pay the same for someone who has proven that he's a good player.

Walter here:

"We've been looking for another midfielder anyway so we have an idea of players who are out there and available," Smith told the Scottish Sun.

"Steve Davis is obviously a player we know, but the money Fulham are talking about is too much for us."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_3805295,00.html

Just the one midfielder, we need 2 or 3 IMO