Statement From RST Resigned Board Members

Frankie

one of the biggest tests for the new board is whether dodgy dave gives them the time of day or even if he does whether he takes them seriously and i'm not being a smartarse when I say this

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the biggest tests for the new board is whether dodgy dave gives them the time of day or even if he does whether he takes them seriously and i'm not being a smartarse when I say this

If he does, it'll be an improvement on how we've been treated previously. The RST old and new can claim what they want. Chairman Maorray will continue to run the club his way and no other.

Not getting the Dublin Loyal's banner decision overturned was as clear as an indication possible that he simply doesn't care what the support think.

They were just getting somewhere at long last where murray stands.

But i now reckon with all the bad press they've had in the last few months, they can forget any seat on the board for another good few years.

SO, exactly what is the current aim of the RST in notsomanywords? How do you rate success as well?

Nothing has changed, their policies remain in place. There is no shift in direction despite what has been reported

But i now reckon with all the bad press they've had in the last few months, they can forget any seat on the board for another good few years.

Where?

A huge fan of the RST but they never have and never will get anywhere with him.

I'd rather not have a sedated member of the RST agreeing with Maorray's every whim. We have Templeton for that already

Where?

I'd rather not have a sedated member of the RST agreeing with Maorray's every whim. We have Templeton for that already

So is that last line there the reason for the split up of the board now? Was it assumed by some that any person that would receive a seat on the board from Murray would be a 'sedated member' and therefore it was better to not have an RST individual on the board at all.. that is of course if a place on the board was within grasp at some point.

Where?

So is that last line there the reason for the split up of the board now? Was it assumed by some that any person that would receive a seat on the board from Murray would be a 'sedated member' and therefore it was better to not have an RST individual on the board at all.. that is of course if a place on the board was within grasp at some point.

Of course it isn't, that's my pesonal opinion. I've argued with Frankie and MD elsewhere on what little it will achieve.

It certainly was within grasp, not now. I certainly don't lay the blaim for that at the remaining board members feet.

Where?

Of course it isn't, that's my pesonal opinion. I've argued with Frankie and MD elsewhere on what little it will achieve.

It certainly was within grasp, not now. I certainly don't lay the blaim for that at the remaining board members feet.

I am just trying to understand the situation and undercurrents as it has became a much talked about issue.

When I read the comments on here it just seems the issue could probably be summed up in 5 crisp sentences. Everything else would just be a cause and effect type relationship.

I am just trying to understand the situation and undercurrents as it has became a much talked about issue.

When I read the comments on here it just seems the issue could probably be summed up in 5 crisp sentences. Everything else would just be a cause and effect type relationship.

Exactly. A long drawn out process where those who have always hated the Trust can mix it.

I'll be first to admit that Frankie and his fellow resignees are a great loss to the Trust but they decided to do so. It's only fair that they then give the new Trust time to re-establish trust.

I said earlier that they'll be no winners from this. I stand by that.

Exactly. A long drawn out process where those who have always hated the Trust can mix it.

I'll be first to admit that Frankie and his fellow resignees are a great loss to the Trust but they decided to do so. It's only fair that they then give the new Trust time to re-establish trust.

I said earlier that they'll be no winners from this. I stand by that.

For now I would certainly agree with that.

One of the 7 told me that he returned from holiday to see the statement and was embarrassed by it. It was, apparently, even more self-pitying and verbose and he insisted they cut it. He regrets the timing and putting his name to it (he also told me that it was driven by one particular member of the 7.)

Anyway, it's all over now. The RST still function and no-one is being forced to do things they are uncomfortable with.

One of the 7 told me..........

Considering all of the crap that's got on recently, I don't think a 'little birdie told me' story is going to cut it with anyone.

'Communication' has been a much used word from those wishing to move the Trust forward. If there's any truth in what you say, I think naming names would be a good idea.

A statement was made on behalf of the 7 members. There has been no public statement from any of the 7 since then looking to step back from what was stated. So I would think most will assume that all 7 were in agreement with what was said.

One of the 7 told me..........

Considering all of the crap that's got on recently, I don't think a 'little birdie told me' story is going to cut it with anyone.

'Communication' has been a much used word from those wishing to move the Trust forward. If there's any truth in what you say, I think naming names would be a good idea.

A statement was made on behalf of the 7 members. There has been no public statement from any of the 7 since then looking to step back from what was stated. So I would think most will assume that all 7 were in agreement with what was said.

Well for someone who has been anti-RST from as long as I've known you to post, you are hardly going to believe it are you. It doesn't fit in with your attitude towards this split.

Are you willing to give your name on a public forum ?

Indeed there hasn't. Perhaps everyone involved would like to forget it and move on.

This is altogether a sad state of affairs and I believe the RST Board lost some VERY good members. Nevertheless it has happened and we can only wait and see what the new Board does.

I do not feel that there is anything anyone can say or do to change things or attitudes, so lets just be patient and take a deep breath and a step back for now.

Infighting will only cheer up the mhedia and the mhanks. Hopefully we can be above that.

One of the 7 told me that he returned from holiday to see the statement and was embarrassed by it. It was, apparently, even more self-pitying and verbose and he insisted they cut it. He regrets the timing and putting his name to it (he also told me that it was driven by one particular member of the 7.)

Anyway, it's all over now. The RST still function and no-one is being forced to do things they are uncomfortable with.

It's not all over now, you have just stirred the pot again with your statement.

It's not all over now, you have just stirred the pot again with your statement.

No more stirring please. Had enough for now. Let things settle and see where we end up.