u21 rule

Amac9

I'm sure it is even though some managers don't think it's required anymore there has been no reports of it being stopped.

Expect to see Lafferty, Fleck and Furman a lot more in the squad to compensate for this rule, with Shinnie and Lennon probably getting on the squad list from time to time.

Are the plans not to increase the number of UK Under-21 players in a few seasons time?

Total guesswork from me btw, but it happens in FM. Which usually means it's gonna happen in real life.

Does anyone know if the u21 rule is still in place for this season?

I've heard nothing to suggest otherwise, unfortunately. It is an awful rule.

With the under 21 rule, the keeper already doesn't count.

What am saying though is.

7 Subs

1 - GK

5 - under 21

6 - under 21

7 - under 21

Leaves three places on the bench for players who have a chance of coming on.

Sorry mate, mis-read your post. (tu)

It still is.

I sent in a scientific journal which showed how the under-21 rule failed to have a major impact on youth development in Belgium of all countries and how the same trend of lower league clubs having a higher proportion of younger players was similar to Scotland and all major European footballing countries.

I got a confirmation and thank you from Andrew Dickson, Head of Football Admin at the club but nothing at the SFA or SPHell has transpired.

I do see the point in it and I encourage youth development as the way forward; look at Ally's latest interview. But for a major club like rangers they need the option to play more more mature players at their discretion.

7 Subs

1 - GK

5 - under 21

6 - under 21

7 - under 21

If you start with 2 under 21's then you can have a choice of 3 from 5 older players. We tend to think of the rule as 3 under 21's on the bench rather than what it is; 3 in the playing squad.

I'm sure it is even though some managers don't think it's required anymore there has been no reports of it being stopped.

Expect to see Lafferty, Fleck and Furman a lot more in the squad to compensate for this rule, with Shinnie and Lennon probably getting on the squad list from time to time.

Is lafferty under 21?

Is lafferty under 21?

He's only 20

7 Subs

1 - GK

5 - under 21

6 - under 21

7 - under 21

If you start with 2 under 21's then you can have a choice of 3 from 5 older players. We tend to think of the rule as 3 under 21's on the bench rather than what it is; 3 in the playing squad.

I think RDB was just pointing out that very rarely our under 21s actually start a match. :craphead:

7 Subs

1 - GK

5 - under 21

6 - under 21

7 - under 21

Actually, when we start talking about how the three Under-21 players have no chance of coming on, it's a great big dose of Smith's stubborn attitude towards young players hitting home.

We're the only club that has a problem with this because our manager won't play our young talented players.

No we're not Celtic don't like it either, our and Celtic's view is that we have to keep our U-21's for the bench when they would be better off on loan at another team.

We're the only club that has a problem with this because our manager won't play our young talented players.

No we're not Celtic don't like it either, our and Celtic's view is that we have to keep our U-21's for the bench when they would be better off on loan at another team.

Well when we constantly sign players like Davie Weir, Christian Dailly, JCD etc then you're always going to have problems with this rule in place. I'd rather we invested in younger talent to try and develop them, like Lafferty.

I'm surprised no one has taken this to the european court of human rights as it's age discrimination. Look what happened with the 3 foreigeners rule it got chucked because it breached human rights.

Hopefully we see more of Fleck and Furman this year

Fleck has huge potential and with him and Lafferty both being able to come off the bench then we will have two players who will get used to the 'physical' aspects of the SPL which is only going to benefit us in the long run

I'm surprised no one has taken this to the european court of human rights as it's age discrimination. Look what happened with the 3 foreigeners rule it got chucked because it breached human rights.

Ugh, don't mention human rights around here :craphead: