The F-Word

Davy

CELEBRITY chef Gordon Ramsay travelled to Murray Park today to film a special one-off segment for his award-winning food show The F-Word.

The fiery Scot, renowned for his short temper in the kitchen, was on the books as a Reserve player at Ibrox in the mid-80s and was given the chance to show off his football skills again when he joined the current Rangers squad for a training session under the watchful eyes of Walter Smith and Ally McCoist.

Ramsay, who is one of only three chefs in the UK to hold three prestigious Michelin Guide stars, then tested his own patience to the limit by inviting first-team stars into the kitchen to display their culinary expertise.

Was this a recipe for success or did it drive one of TV's biggest stars to gartronomic despair? The results will be shown on Channel 4 later this month.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1339972,00.html

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one. I watch the F-word but from what I've heard of the catering at Ibrox this could be slightly embarrasing.

this is Murray park, the catering for the players is world class, full platters of pastas, salads fruits and veg.

Nice one. I watch the F-word but from what I've heard of the catering at Ibrox this could be slightly embarrasing.

this is Murray park, the catering for the players is world class, full platters of pastas, salads fruits and veg.

you forgot to add monster munch :rolleyes:

Wasn't that long ago Adam Scott said after a game they have Pizza and Chips

And jelly beans...

And jelly beans...

not the green ones though ;)

Great show

He'll go into the Murray park kitchen and say to Boydie and Chazza, so what do you have for lunch here......

They will open the cupboards and pull out monster munch, sweeties and cakes.

Gordon Ramsey will shake his head and say...... Oh FFS!

Guest therabbitt

Remember reading about this in the paper last month or so and got well exited - article at the time said they werent sure if they could make it happen due to our busy schedule at the end of last season.

Feckin tops that its gonna be on - cannae wait already

Absolutely superb, brilliant as he's top class chef who's a bear and its Rangers but also good as it might get your average Joe to be interested in more than take-away and gutter food and realise that cooking is simple.

Absolutely superb, brilliant as he's top class chef who's a bear and its Rangers but also good as it might get your average Joe to be interested in more than take-away and that cooking is simple.

Excellent point. Without meaning to sound pretentious, i really respect the work that the likes of he, Hugh and Jamie do.

Absolutely superb, brilliant as he's top class chef who's a bear and its Rangers but also good as it might get your average Joe to be interested in more than take-away and that cooking is simple.

Excellent point. Without meaning to sound pretentious, i really respect the work that the likes of he, Hugh and Jamie do.

Woo hoo! :locked: As do I (tu)

But a lot of people in Britain/Scotland just don't care, about where their food comes from or how its cooked. Very sad factor about the UK/Scotland IMO.

Guest Andypendek

Eggs benedict! Flaming American stuff, and anyway, when was the last time you saw it on a menu anywhere? Only in Scotland could his non-story enter the lexicon.

Ramsay, who is one of only three chefs in the UK to hold three prestigious Michelin Guide stars, then tested his own patience to the limit by inviting first-team stars into the kitchen to display their culinary expertise.

It will be hilarious to see Gordon rip the pish out some of the players!