Shift for Broadfoot?

Danny

In the last 3 or 4 months of last season Broadfoot, despite what seemed logical, played right back in Whittaker's place.

The free signing from St Mirren was being given the apparent place of the £2M capture from Hibs.

But in the final 2 games of the season, the most important ones, he was on the bench.

Was that a sign of things to come - has he lost his place?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so. Yes he's a trier but he is a complete and utter shocking footballer. Bambi on ice running under water. He should be nowhere near a club like Rangers.

Hopefully, with DMB being back and being played on the wing more, and Smith being fit again and fighting for left back, Whittaker will be played at RB, with Broadfoot continuing to learn and be cover for LB/RB and CB.

COVER!!!!!

A widnae let him cover a pot of tatties wi a lid never mind the centre half position at Rangers

I truly hope so he's brutal, he's even worse than Charlie Adam for me and that takes some doing!

He canny even take a throw in ffs!

:lol:

Most players don't foul throw twice in a whole career, yet Captain Kirk managed to do it twice in one game.

He's a comedy footballer.

Can't believe the criticism he gets at times, saw him when he came a bit more central during games and looked a lot better than being on the right. As cover for different areas of defence he is good enough, but only as cover. As for the foul throws rubbish, I saw Novo being penalised for foul throws, and in other games, not only in the SPL, but in Europe the amount of players I saw do foul throws was unbelievable.

I truly hope so he's brutal, he's even worse than Charlie Adam for me and that takes some doing!

He canny even take a throw in ffs!

:lol:

Most players don't foul throw twice in a whole career, yet Captain Kirk managed to do it twice in one game.

He's a comedy footballer.

He's a laughing stock and an embarrassment to our club!

He's not the standard we are looking for, even for a squad player. But I'd still select him ahead of Whittaker.

Yes, Whittaker played the last couple of games last season. But did you see his performance in the cup final ? Diabolical !

Can't believe the criticism he gets at times, saw him when he came a bit more central during games and looked a lot better than being on the right. As cover for different areas of defence he is good enough, but only as cover. As for the foul throws rubbish, I saw Novo being penalised for foul throws, and in other games, not only in the SPL, but in Europe the amount of players I saw do foul throws was unbelievable.

Some people on this board see everything in a negative light, but you are the complete opposite! :rangers:

How you can think Broadfoot's even anywhere near being good enough for simple COVER at Rangers is beyond me. He is woeful!

Some people on this board see everything in a negative light, but you are the complete opposite! :rangers:

How you can think Broadfoot's even anywhere near being good enough for simple COVER at Rangers is beyond me. He is woeful!

:D Someone has to!

People had been saying KT wasn't good enough when he first came in, people were saying Hutton should never pull on a Rangers top and then the outcry when he was being sold, people were wanting Papac punted but he had a really good season last season. Even though we didn't have the forum at the time, even Coisty got some stick when he first joined us from Sunderland but turned out to be our top striker and a legend. By the way I'm not saying KB will be a legend, far from it, but look at the blokes he will be learning from, mainly Cuellar and Weir, if he can't learn something from them then he won't learn anything.

Jury has still been out about Whittaker and if he should be given a chance at RB, and I'm sure there are other players both past and present who I'm forgetting.

:D Someone has to!

People had been saying KT wasn't good enough when he first came in, people were saying Hutton should never pull on a Rangers top and then the outcry when he was being sold, people were wanting Papac punted but he had a really good season last season. Even though we didn't have the forum at the time, even Coisty got some stick when he first joined us from Sunderland but turned out to be our top striker and a legend. By the way I'm not saying KB will be a legend, far from it, but look at the blokes he will be learning from, mainly Cuellar and Weir, if he can't learn something from them then he won't learn anything.

Jury has still been out about Whittaker and if he should be given a chance at RB, and I'm sure there are other players both past and present who I'm forgetting.

As negative as people think I am, I never once had a go at Thomson or Hutton. Even when Hutton was playing shite, he still had McGeady in his sky rocket.

Broadfoot, IMO, is different though. He's that bad, I often cringe when I watch him recieve the ball.

You usually know by the time a player hits Broadfoot's age if he's Rangers class or not (obviously theres a few exceptions to this rule), I just don't think he'll ever make it.

He was on the park 2 minutes and cost a goal against St Johnstone.

He got ripped a new one against Zenit

Motherwell fans were having the best laugh since hale and pace played there

He can't pass

he can't cross

for a centre half his positioning is shocking

and he runs like and epileptic with st vitus dance(no offence there)

Can't believe the criticism he gets at times

I can, he's a complete and utter dumpling. Awful positioning, poor distribution, slower than Neil Lennon, he puts his team under pressure, continually has to be helped out by the defence and midfield, his decision making and communication is not the best(infact it's pish) and for a supposed CB, his aerial ability is pathetic. He's no more than a bottom 6 SPL player.

You could pull up some options, such as, how many goals did we concede in Europe with him in the side? Not many at all, plus, we got to a final.

They also say defenders dont get anywhere near their best until late 20s, and, I suppose Weir is an example of that too.

I remember Craig Moore being gash for us, then, left, came back, was far far better.

So, as defensive cover, got no real issue with him, as 1st pick, different story

You could pull up some options, such as, how many goals did we concede in Europe with him in the side? Not many at all, plus, we got to a final.

They also say defenders dont get anywhere near their best until late 20s, and, I suppose Weir is an example of that too.

I remember Craig Moore being gash for us, then, left, came back, was far far better.

So, as defensive cover, got no real issue with him, as 1st pick, different story

It's other things that hamper the team though, like the right mid/right hand side CM having to continually help him out.

I was at Ibrox for the 0-0 game v Sporting, and I was appauled at the amount of times that Davis and Hemdani had to cover for him.

You mention Moore and Weir....they went away to arguably better leagues to improve themselves. You're never going to see a Championship or Premiership club take Broadfoot for work experience ;)