Shift for Broadfoot?

Danny

You could pull up some options, such as, how many goals did we concede in Europe with him in the side? Not many at all, plus, we got to a final.

They also say defenders dont get anywhere near their best until late 20s, and, I suppose Weir is an example of that too.

I remember Craig Moore being gash for us, then, left, came back, was far far better.

So, as defensive cover, got no real issue with him, as 1st pick, different story

It's other things that hamper the team though, like the right mid/right hand side CM having to continually help him out.

I was at Ibrox for the 0-0 game v Sporting, and I was appauled at the amount of times that Davis and Hemdani had to cover for him.

You mention Moore and Weir....they went away to arguably better leagues to improve themselves. You're never going to see a Championship or Premiership club take Broadfoot for work experience ;)

Isnt that called teamwork? :craphead:

I know I did, I that was more of a reply to the age thing, essentially he has time on his side as a defender

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could pull up some options, such as, how many goals did we concede in Europe with him in the side? Not many at all, plus, we got to a final.

They also say defenders dont get anywhere near their best until late 20s, and, I suppose Weir is an example of that too.

I remember Craig Moore being gash for us, then, left, came back, was far far better.

So, as defensive cover, got no real issue with him, as 1st pick, different story

It's other things that hamper the team though, like the right mid/right hand side CM having to continually help him out.

I was at Ibrox for the 0-0 game v Sporting, and I was appauled at the amount of times that Davis and Hemdani had to cover for him.

You mention Moore and Weir....they went away to arguably better leagues to improve themselves. You're never going to see a Championship or Premiership club take Broadfoot for work experience ;)

I know I did, I that was more of a reply to the age thing, essentially he has time on his side as a defender

It is called teamwork, but I never ever saw them having to help out Hutton.

I don't ever even see them having to help out Whittaker, in the rare occasions when Walter plays him in his natural position.

Bottom line is Sebo was lambasted by everyone in Scotland for being pish

Broadfoot is worse by a mile......worst player i've seen at Ibrox since Billy Urquart..he has none of the attributes that you need to be a footballer and if he is a starter next season then watch us struggle down that side again cos that's where the goals come from...

I like Broadfoots attitude and he seems like a likeable guy but a bigger puddin on the fitba field i've yet to see.....McGayday will destroy him again.

I don't ever even see them having to help out Whittaker, in the rare occasions when Walter plays him in his natural position.

RB isn't KB's natural position though, and on top of that he is more comfortable playing with his left foot than his right.

I just think he is being unfairly singled out, the same criticism could be thrown at Fergie for not being imposing enough on the centre of the park, McGregor for punting the ball up the park and missing out the midfield, KT for getting booked all the time, Boyd for not being able to play as a single striker.

I agree he shouldn't be first pick, but people seem to conveniently forget that he was put in at the deep end and was expected to live up to the levels that Hutton finally managed to reach, and it took Hutton quite a few seasons to actually live up to our expectations.

I seem to remember watching him in a few games where he put in timely tackles and blocks when oppostition players were in on goal, again these instances seem to be conveniently forgotten about.

I really hope in time that young Fleck doesn't have some bad games when he does get to play properly as I would hate to see the criticism that might start flying at him.

any player who can't take a throw in should be nowhere near a football pitch.

:mutley: Spot On ! (tu)

The guy is NEVER Rangers class and should never be a regular in our reserve team never mind the starting 11 !!

RB isn't KB's natural position though, and on top of that he is more comfortable playing with his left foot than his right.

I just think he is being unfairly singled out, the same criticism could be thrown at Fergie for not being imposing enough on the centre of the park, McGregor for punting the ball up the park and missing out the midfield, KT for getting booked all the time, Boyd for not being able to play as a single striker.

I agree he shouldn't be first pick, but people seem to conveniently forget that he was put in at the deep end and was expected to live up to the levels that Hutton finally managed to reach, and it took Hutton quite a few seasons to actually live up to our expectations.

I seem to remember watching him in a few games where he put in timely tackles and blocks when oppostition players were in on goal, again these instances seem to be conveniently forgotten about.

I really hope in time that young Fleck doesn't have some bad games when he does get to play properly as I would hate to see the criticism that might start flying at him.

I've seen Fleck control games on his own, in the same way I saw Hutton emerge as a great talent before an unfortunate injury. Due to this, I will not jump on them after 1 bad game, or even 1 bad season.

With Broadfoot however, it's a different story. He was woeful for St Mirren (as many of their fans told us as we signed him) and has never actually been good enough to merit a move to Rangers, never mind playing terribly for us.

I think he gets the sympathy vote from far too many of our fans. He's the epitome of graft over skill, something which turned last season from an outstanding one into an 'okay' one.

Lets not have it happen again, eh?

You must need thicker glasses :craphead: if you think Broadfoot is any kind of a player you'd want at Rangers!

What can I say he has no redeeming features whatsoever and my dead gran can play better!

I feel sorry for the guy to be honest. He's obviously a big bluenose and tries his best all of the time, but he's just not good enough. It's not his fault Walter keeps picking him and playing him out of position - not that he would be any better at centre half - so posts like the ones above calling him a twat and so on are out of order.

Yes, he's shite and should be replaced. But that's not his fault!

You must need thicker glasses :craphead: if you think Broadfoot is any kind of a player you'd want at Rangers!

What can I say he has no redeeming features whatsoever and my dead gran can play better!

Thats an isnult to your poor dead Gran !! Compairing her to Clubfoot? fuck.ing shocking !!

He's not the standard we are looking for, even for a squad player. But I'd still select him ahead of Whittaker.

Yes, Whittaker played the last couple of games last season. But did you see his performance in the cup final ? Diabolical !

Broadfoot is not great. Very clumsy. Poor going forward and cannot cross a ball. However he is ok defensively and better than Whittaker who is like a deer in headlights defensively.

It's not the odd game.....i've yet to see Kirk have a good game. in which he doesn't constantly pass to the opposition,foul throw it,fall over his own feet,jump too early and let the striker in behind him.

Whether a centre half or right back wi a left or right or 2 left feet then there is no hiding that Wattie has made a serious blunder with Kirk.He is rotten...Every bluenose i know cries when his name is mentioned....floods of tears.

I remember walking into the city of Manchester stadium about 5 minutes before kick off and i saw Kirk was playing and honestly my heart sank cos i knew they would exploit that side and Wattie would never sub him and that's exactly what happened.

Thats an isnult to your poor dead Gran !! Compairing her to Clubfoot? fuck.ing shocking !!

Sorry Gran at least you were able to run and throw in! :craphead:

I shall cry if starts any game for us next season.

Even the the best Scottish Chef in the land outwitted him!

GordonRamsayandKirk.png

I bet Ramsay was really psyched up for that session after he didn't make it as a young lad.

Seems totally committed to succeeding in everything he does.

Wish he was my boss (tu)

Even the the best Scottish Chef in the land outwitted him!

GordonRamsayandKirk.png

I bet Ramsay was really psyched up for that session after he didn't make it as a young lad.

Seems totally committed to succeeding in everything he does.

Wish he was my boss (tu)

Ramsey no even breaking sweat to get past that dumplin...........Wattie might sign him,he's the right age group int he.

Can't believe the criticism he gets at times, saw him when he came a bit more central during games and looked a lot better than being on the right. As cover for different areas of defence he is good enough, but only as cover. As for the foul throws rubbish, I saw Novo being penalised for foul throws, and in other games, not only in the SPL, but in Europe the amount of players I saw do foul throws was unbelievable.

Some people on this board see everything in a negative light, but you are the complete opposite! :rangers:

How you can think Broadfoot's even anywhere near being good enough for simple COVER at Rangers is beyond me. He is woeful!

:D Someone has to!

People had been saying KT wasn't good enough when he first came in, people were saying Hutton should never pull on a Rangers top and then the outcry when he was being sold, people were wanting Papac punted but he had a really good season last season. Even though we didn't have the forum at the time, even Coisty got some stick when he first joined us from Sunderland but turned out to be our top striker and a legend. By the way I'm not saying KB will be a legend, far from it, but look at the blokes he will be learning from, mainly Cuellar and Weir, if he can't learn something from them then he won't learn anything.

Jury has still been out about Whittaker and if he should be given a chance at RB, and I'm sure there are other players both past and present who I'm forgetting.

As negative as people think I am, I never once had a go at Thomson or Hutton. Even when Hutton was playing shite, he still had McGeady in his sky rocket.

Broadfoot, IMO, is different though. He's that bad, I often cringe when I watch him recieve the ball.

You usually know by the time a player hits Broadfoot's age if he's Rangers class or not (obviously theres a few exceptions to this rule), I just don't think he'll ever make it.

Unfortunate choice of phrase. Someone said that on this very board a while ago (I don't think it was you). It was very close to:

"Hutton will never be good enough. The age he's at you can tell whether a player will make it or not and he hasn't got it". Wish I'd noted down the link.

When someone said he was still young, they replied that even at a young age you can tell whether someone's going to good enough or not.

I agree that Broadfoot looked out of his depth at RB but that's not to say he can't turn out to be a decent CB. The lack of opportunity we afford some of our players is shocking.

We're all berating Smith about his unwillingness to blood youngsters but look at the support they get. I wouldn't be surprised if this very fact holds Smith back from introducing players too young because of the weight of expectation on them and the barrage of criticism that comes their way if they don't immediately perform. Confidence is often a key part of whether a young player makes it.

Can't believe the criticism he gets at times, saw him when he came a bit more central during games and looked a lot better than being on the right. As cover for different areas of defence he is good enough, but only as cover. As for the foul throws rubbish, I saw Novo being penalised for foul throws, and in other games, not only in the SPL, but in Europe the amount of players I saw do foul throws was unbelievable.

Some people on this board see everything in a negative light, but you are the complete opposite! :rangers:

How you can think Broadfoot's even anywhere near being good enough for simple COVER at Rangers is beyond me. He is woeful!

:D Someone has to!

People had been saying KT wasn't good enough when he first came in, people were saying Hutton should never pull on a Rangers top and then the outcry when he was being sold, people were wanting Papac punted but he had a really good season last season. Even though we didn't have the forum at the time, even Coisty got some stick when he first joined us from Sunderland but turned out to be our top striker and a legend. By the way I'm not saying KB will be a legend, far from it, but look at the blokes he will be learning from, mainly Cuellar and Weir, if he can't learn something from them then he won't learn anything.

Jury has still been out about Whittaker and if he should be given a chance at RB, and I'm sure there are other players both past and present who I'm forgetting.

As negative as people think I am, I never once had a go at Thomson or Hutton. Even when Hutton was playing shite, he still had McGeady in his sky rocket.

Broadfoot, IMO, is different though. He's that bad, I often cringe when I watch him recieve the ball.

You usually know by the time a player hits Broadfoot's age if he's Rangers class or not (obviously theres a few exceptions to this rule), I just don't think he'll ever make it.

Unfortunate choice of phrase. Someone said that on this very board a while ago (I don't think it was you). It was very close to:

"Hutton will never be good enough. The age he's at you can tell whether a player will make it or not and he hasn't got it". Wish I'd noted down the link.

When someone said he was still young, they replied that even at a young age you can tell whether someone's going to good enough or not.

I agree that Broadfoot looked out of his depth at RB but that's not to say he can't turn out to be a decent CB. The lack of opportunity we afford some of our players is shocking.

We're all berating Smith about his unwillingness to blood youngsters but look at the support they get. I wouldn't be surprised if this very fact holds Smith back from introducing players too young because of the weight of expectation on them and the barrage of criticism that comes their way if they don't immediately perform. Confidence is often a key part of whether a young player makes it.

Hence why I said there are a few exceptions, I just can't see Broadfoot ever achieving that!