Boycott

Adam

They also know that guys with two and three kids HAVE to buy the tops so Murray knows he can bump up the prices and get away with it.

I'll take issue with that, because no-one HAS to buy it for their kids at all.

When I was a nipper and wanted something the parents could afford, I was told to bugger off.

If there's 3 spoilt brats in a family that get whatever they ask for, then why should the parent be complaining? Learn to say no for a change.

Can you buy me the new Rangers top Papa? :craphead:

:lol:

Yes son. All 3 :rangers:

I'll hold you to that

:lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one of the guys with 3 kids and I will buy the tops , however I have my own sports wear and equipment business which supplies to grass roots football and sport and i can tell you guys that prices have risen sharply due to fuel /petrol going up , however not by the margin we see here .

I can give you an example I supplied Brighton FC with back packs for £ 9.95 and if you look on there club shop they are for sale @ £ 19.99 so its not just Bain , Umbro and JJB that do it.

As a matter of Interest .you may or may not be aware but umbro is now owned by Nike and JJB along with another company who escape me at this moment in time ................ OH thats right its the Newcastle owners company .

Case rested

Not by the margin we see at Rangers you mean? Because you've given an example of a higher price increase at Brighton.

People who are willing to pay the £9 will pay it, if you're really that bothered then wait a few months until it's down in price. I can't see the big problem.

I am one of the guys with 3 kids and I will buy the tops , however I have my own sports wear and equipment business which supplies to grass roots football and sport and i can tell you guys that prices have risen sharply due to fuel /petrol going up , however not by the margin we see here .

I can give you an example I supplied Brighton FC with back packs for £ 9.95 and if you look on there club shop they are for sale @ £ 19.99 so its not just Bain , Umbro and JJB that do it.

As a matter of Interest .you may or may not be aware but umbro is now owned by Nike and JJB along with another company who escape me at this moment in time ................ OH thats right its the Newcastle owners company .

Case rested

Not by the margin we see at Rangers you mean? Because you've given an example of a higher price increase at Brighton.

People who are willing to pay the £9 will pay it, if you're really that bothered then wait a few months until it's down in price. I can't see the big problem.

What if you really want the new Gers top so that you can get K. Miller on the back of it, but cant afford it.

Gutted eh?

Case rested

What if you really want the new Gers top so that you can get K. Miller on the back of it, but cant afford it.

Gutted eh?

Lucky we don't still have Van Bronckhorst.

I'd need to phone the bank manager.

Case rested

Gutted eh?

As papa said, cant see a problem, especially no with that example :craphead:

Case rested

Gutted eh?

You not getting Miller on the back of your Rangers shirt?

***You seen his latest piece on the Rangers website?***

Case rested

Gutted eh?

You not getting Miller on the back of your Rangers shirt?

***You seen his latest piece on the Rangers website?***

I dont get any names on the back of my shirt. Last one I had was Cooper printed on an oldie, and, McCoist on the old adidas one (that looked like the france kit)

Nope, Pretty much steer clear of the official site, wait for all the decent stories to appear here ;)

Case rested

Gutted eh?

The problem is you are all willing to pay 25% more than anyone else in Britain for something that is in essence (give or take a few details) the same thing. I mean would you buy the same car as an Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd or Celtic fan but pay £9,000 more for it just because its from "Rangers"?

It is this lemming type behaviour that justifies the actions of 'our' corporation. This is a self perpetuating paradox that collectively we can change for the better and I really don't understand the resistance to this. It may only be £9 now but my feeling is that this is the start of things to come.

smif and andy-500

Would you still buy the top knowing JJB is taking the 9 pound increase as sole profit and none of the 25% increase is going to the club? (hypothetical question)

I wouldnt touch it if that was the case.....

JJB pay the club more money based on the profit they receive from Rangers merchandising. We should get a fair whack from last season for all the tops sold on the back of the UEFA Cup Final appearance.

What I would say on the rise itself, it is a lot, but it will go to the club which is a good thing. If you can't afford it, hold off a month or two and it'll come down in price. The longer you wait, the more it'll drop.

Case rested

Gutted eh?

The problem is you are all willing to pay 25% more than anyone else in Britain for something that is in essence (give or take a few details) the same thing. I mean would you buy the same car as an Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd or Celtic fan but pay £9,000 more for it just because its from "Rangers"?

It is this lemming type behaviour that justifies the actions of 'our' corporation. This is a self perpetuating paradox that collectively we can change for the better and I really don't understand the resistance to this. It may only be £9 now but my feeling is that this is the start of things to come.

No, but I would if it was £9 more :craphead:

Case rested

Gutted eh?

If we are going to get a £9 rise every season, I'm in total agreement with you PB (tu)

Case rested

Gutted eh?

Is JJB the only place to buy a Rangers top? apart from online, for me, it IS. Thats not lemming mentality, thats a hard fact of life. The thing is, there will be countless other outlets selling Rangers tops, and, all at different prices, as is always the way, so, rather than be high and mighty about it, either, wait the 2 months til JJB drop the prices, or buy it elsewhere. Pretty simple no?

Additionally, we actually look like having a nice top this season, and, you always pay more for nicer clothes. Part of me feels good that it costs more to buy our top than it does tops for lesser teams :D

Case rested

Gutted eh?

Is JJB the only place to buy a Rangers top? apart from online, for me, it IS. Thats not lemming mentality, thats a hard fact of life. The thing is, there will be countless other outlets selling Rangers tops, and, all at different prices, as is always the way, so, rather than be high and mighty about it, either, wait the 2 months til JJB drop the prices, or buy it elsewhere. Pretty simple no?

As I have said in other posts I will not be buying the top, I don't need a t-shirt to prove my loyalty or allegiance to this club. Yes sports outlets will selling the tops at different prices (as is the way) but the bottom line is that the clubs (in this case Rangers) set the initial price of the kits not the retailers. If you can't open your eyes and see that on this matter Murray is once again trying to shaft the fans then that's up to you.

Additionally, we actually look like having a nice top this season, and, you always pay more for nicer clothes. Part of me feels good that it costs more to buy our top than it does tops for lesser teams :D

Ding ding ding ding

We have a winner

Stupidest post of the year goes to....Outlaw!!!!

Ding ding ding ding

We have a winner

Mate, am bored of the moaning, thats when sarcasm rears its head!

Of course its stupid, but then again, the fashion industry/mentality IS stupid. People pay ridiculous amounts of money for items of clothing due to the badge/label, why would football shirts be different at the end of the day? In that sense, it makes sense for Rangers tops to be more expensive than say, Hamilton tops? Are they the same thing? Yep, more or less, except one has far more prestige attached to it. People would pay more for Man Utd, Barca, Real tops as well, and probably with little complaint.

You could Take cars for example?

Audi A3, VW Golf (I think) and Skoda Fabia, essentially, all the same car, built by the same company, from the same parts, yet, all varying prices.

I can take your point about not needing a shirt to prove loyalty, of course you dont, if you did, that would be stupid! I find the notion that people buy football shirts for any reason apart from the fact that they (or there siblings/children) want them unbelievable!

Also, I never stated I would be buying one, I probably may later in the year, as, I like to keep my collection up to date, if hardly worn.

Ding ding ding ding

We have a winner

Of course its stupid, but then again, the fashion industry/mentality IS stupid. People pay ridiculous amounts of money for items of clothing due to the badge/label, why would football shirts be different at the end of the day? In that sense, it makes sense for Rangers tops to be more expensive than say, Hamilton tops? Are they the same thing? Yep, more or less, except one has far more prestige attached to it. People would pay more for Man Utd, Barca, Real tops as well, and probably with little complaint.

Audi A3, VW Golf (I think) and Skoda Fabia, essentially, all the same car, built by the same company, from the same parts, yet, all varying prices.

I can take your point about not needing a shirt to prove loyalty, of course you dont, if you did, that would be stupid! I find the notion that people buy football shirts for any reason apart from the fact that they (or there siblings/children) want them unbelievable!

Also, I never stated I would be buying one, I probably may later in the year, as, I like to keep my collection up to date, if hardly worn.

Fair Point (tu)

It's been a long day at the office but I must admit this wee dabte has fairly passed the time :D

Ding ding ding ding

We have a winner

Seat Leon and a few others too. Sorry for being pedantic.

smif and andy-500

Would you still buy the top knowing JJB is taking the 9 pound increase as sole profit and none of the 25% increase is going to the club? (hypothetical question)

I wouldnt touch it if that was the case.....

JJB pay the club more money based on the profit they receive from Rangers merchandising. We should get a fair whack from last season for all the tops sold on the back of the UEFA Cup Final appearance.

What I would say on the rise itself, it is a lot, but it will go to the club which is a good thing. If you can't afford it, hold off a month or two and it'll come down in price. The longer you wait, the more it'll drop.

cool, if that is right I will be purchasing the tops, however I still feel for those who cant afford

The cost means nothing to me. I wont be buying any of the tops as I refuse to put any of my hard earned money into Rangers this season.

As I have said in other posts I will not be buying the top, I don't need a t-shirt to prove my loyalty or allegiance to this club. Yes sports outlets will selling the tops at different prices (as is the way) but the bottom line is that the clubs (in this case Rangers) set the initial price of the kits not the retailers. If you can't open your eyes and see that on this matter Murray is once again trying to shaft the fans then that's up to you.

Are you employed by JJB? Or maybe by Rangers? If not, how do you know who set the initial price for the tops this season? You don't. But you hate Murray so you'll assume it's all his fault. doh

JJB would be the laughing stock of the business world if they allowed Rangers or any other club to set their prices for them. The sole reason that our tops are more expensive than other clubs' is that there is a bigger demand for them, so JJB feel safe in the knowledge that the rise won't hugely affect sales. That is basic good business practice.

For those who say they can't afford the £9 increase...........how many pints are you gonna drink this weekend? Have 1 pint less for the next 3 weekends and you've more than made up the £9! :beer2: