*** SC Preussen Munster 0 v 1 Rangers Match Thread ***

anyone got a link for this match ?

When its about to kick off, I will have a look on justin.tv, to see if I can find any sites that are broadcasting it (tu)

I'll have a look on myp2p as well but what are the odds of it actually being on :lol: it's a german 2nd division side :craphead: cheers for helping

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow Gers Live

RANGERS kick off their pre-season in Munster today and you can listen live to all of the action.

Simply go to the Live Event page in Rangers World from 3.50pm UK time and you will get full commentary.

Lindsay Herron and Darrell King will bring you every kick of the ball.

We'll bring you the team news as soon as we have it.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1343287,00.html

I'm looking forward to this now, I have Rangers World! I can be your commentator :lol:

Game On

RANGERS kick off their pre season matches in Munster this evening against a team with a rich history in German football.

SC Preußen Munster now ply their trade in the newly restructured German fourth tier, but are proud of their roots as one of the founding members of the Bundesliga.

They were one of a group of sixteen clubs to feature in the inaugural season of the new formed German top flight in 1963.

However their appearance would prove to be a cameo as they dropped out of the top division after just a single season following a second last, 15th place finish.

A restructuring of German football for the beginning of this season means Preußen will begin in the year in the fourth tier of the league system as they look to start the long road back to the top leagues.

It is part of a new regional setup and should offer clubs like Preußen the opportunity to aim for the third tier and the chance to play against a better standard of club.

And Sporting Director Carsten Gockel admitting the challenge of playing Rangers in pre season will be a good test for his side ahead of an ambitious year.

Gockel told rangers.co.uk: "We think we have a very good team for this season and we have something new to aim for.

"We have some players that have played at a good level, like Mehmet Kara who played in the Turkish 1st Division so we hope we can look forward to a good season.

"We also have a close management team and a young squad that will be good for the future of the team. The average age now is just 24.

"We're very pleased to be welcoming Rangers to Germany. It is a great honour for us as a club in the fourth league in Germany to be hosting such a game.

"We are looking forward to our season after the German leagues were reorganised. We hope to win a place in the third league for next season and this game will be a good test for us."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1343286,00.html

Follow Gers Live

RANGERS kick off their pre-season in Munster today and you can listen live to all of the action.

Simply go to the Live Event page in Rangers World from 3.50pm UK time and you will get full commentary.

Lindsay Herron and Darrell King will bring you every kick of the ball.

We'll bring you the team news as soon as we have it.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1343287,00.html

I'm looking forward to this now, I have Rangers World! I can be your commentator :lol:

A link would be better (tu)

4 DAY TRIAL

CREDIT/DEBIT CARD

ONLY 99P

4 DAY TRIAL ONLY 99P - CLICK HERE

PAY ANNUALLY

CREDIT/DEBIT CARD

£39.99 annual repeating subscription

12 MONTHS ACCESS - ONLY £39.99

PAY ANNUALLY

DIRECT DEBIT

(UK CUSTOMERS ONLY)

£34.99 annual repeating subscription

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Wo...ff/0,,5,00.html

It's Miller Time

From Andrew Dickson in Munster

KENNY MILLER has been handed a second Rangers debut in this afternoon's friendly with German outfit SC Preussen Munster.

Eight years after his first outing in a Light Blues shirt, the Scotland forward will start up front alongside Frenchman Jean-Claude Darcheville in a 4-4-2 formation.

Miller is the only new signing included in Walter Smith's first XI, with Kyle Lafferty left out and Andrius Velicka not arriving in the Gers camp until tomorrow.

With Barry Ferguson injured, Charlie Adam has been given a central midfield role and he will line up beside Kevin Thomson, Lee McCulloch and DaMarcus Beasley.

After signing new one-year deals with the club, David Weir and Christian Dailly team up at the heart of the defence.

Sasa Papac and Steven Whittaker are the men who will be deployed in the full-back positions, with Neil Alexander turning out in goals for a strong visiting side.

On a sunny afternoon in north-west Germany, a crowd of over 5,000 is expected at the match.

A sizeable number of those will be there to support the away side and Gers will be looking to start their pre-season campaign with a win.

RANGERS: Alexander; Whittaker, Dailly, Weir, Papac; Beasley, Thomson, Adam, McCulloch; Darcheville, Miller.

Subs: Robinson, Boyd, Novo, Webster, Cousin, Furman, Fleck.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1343318,00.html

I'm pleased with Adam being in the centre, I do believe he can be very useful in the there. Putting my rep on the line there :mutley:

Must admit, just as well I can seperate the player and the person as I'm not a fan of the latter.