Davis a direct replacement for Ferguson?

CF5LOYAL

I didn't want to see us splashing 3-4mill on him when Fergie was fit. WS would never have used him in his natural position.

But now with Fergie out i think he could easily fill that role. We've saw what the lad can do.

Playing him on the right and having to cover for Broadfoot 95% of the time ruined Stevie and made us all doubt his ability.

Ferguson will need to be replaced sometime so bring the boy in and get him settled, at least for 4 or 5 months, Barry might not even make it back this time, you need to be ready for this stuff. £4 mil is not so very much in todays market. He'll get more than that from an English offer, let's use the fact that he actually wants to be here and pay up.

long and short of it is.....He has proven himself at Rangers when he has been played in his natural position, and IMO is worth the 4 million which isn't a huge figure in todays market.

I say get him in, do we have any alternative?

No, I would be extremely unhappy if we ONLY brought in Davis.

We were going to sign Davis to play alongside Barry, so we need to bring in someone else to REPLACE Barry.

We needed at least 1 midfielder before Barry got crocked, now we need at least 2

long and short of it is.....He has proven himself at Rangers when he has been played in his natural position, and IMO is worth the 4 million which isn't a huge figure in todays market.

I say get him in, do we have any alternative?

Do we have any alternative?

Nah, Davis is the only player available in world football....... :rolleyes:

I would've been happy with Davis had Buffel still been here....

---------Davis-----Thomson-------

--------------Buffel------------------

But sadly that's not the case. I think Davis compliments Barry, but wouldn't replace him.

Guest therabbitt

Davis is a very very good central midfielder - he is more than capable than replacing Ferguson whilst he is injured

Guest therabbitt
davis is average and if we pay 4 million for him its robbery.

£4 mill is a lot of money - however he could end up worth a lot more if he comes here, settles and produces

Again, however, if the deal was structured correctly then £4 mill could be a worthwhile fee, if we broke payments up based on appearances, national team appearances, and spread out payments.

Should he not perform, or play then we dont pay, also if he plays well and we eventually sell him on then the spread out payments for him would not be paid

Everyones a winner

Spose what I mean is that £4 mill, lump sum would be maddness, but structured payments it is not that bad

Guest therabbitt
I would offer 2 mill + Cousin. Fulham were interested in him before.

Think the club were hoping that Cousin could have been part of the deal - but they withdrew their interest in the lazy coo

Looks like we may be keeping Hemdami, he could play the holding role. I would buy Davis. If every buy comes with some degree of risk then why not buy a guy who wants to play for us, is 23, an internationalist, and if it works out would have a good re-sale value? I like him because he plays with his head up. We would be buying a guy that has done well in England. I dont understand the fuss about the price, if we are happy to pay 3, then why not pay 4. An extra million is not a lot these days.