Midfield Options

OzGers

with baz out for 4 months, what are our options?

at the end of last season, we had the following midfielders:

mcculloch, davis, thommo, beasley, burke, barry, gow, buffel, adam, dailly, faye, hemdani = 12 players in total

as it stands, we have the following for this season:

mcculloch, thommo, beasley, adam, dailly, hemdani = 6 players

due to injury and players leaving, we will have 6 midfielders, only two of which i really class of being worthy of a starting slot (thommo, beasley)

This is obviously very concerning, especially considering we have just lost arguably our most influential figure.

I just hope that this is a wake up call for smith, murray and co, and they now look to spend money on the area that actually needs strengthening, rather than simply creating "competition" for the strikers.

two midfielders have now become urgent priority, a central player (davis a good shout) and someone who attacks and can provide that all important link to our front men...come on smith, the time has come, BRING IN THE QUALITY YOU PROMISED!

this pre season I'd like to see Adam given ago in the centre )dont shout at me at once!!!) he raves on he is a centre mid he needs to prove it this is the time

no way near good enough for rangers - time and time again i watch this guy and he just looks out of his depth at times...yes occasionally he has a good touch and has a cracking shot, but he lacks pace, fight in the tackle and is more miss than hit..i think we can do much better than adam

Step up Nigel Quashie :pipe:

Oh dear God. This is the first time that Quashie's name has crossed my mind.

Sadly, i wouldnt be surprised if he was seen as a realistic option.

Neither would I :(

I thought he might have been signed before, but with Ferguson out I think we will be linked with him at the very least.

I can imagine the headlines now:

"Walter in SOS call to old Scotland pal"

Neither would I :(

I thought he might have been signed before, but with Ferguson out I think we will be linked with him at the very least.

I can imagine the headlines now:

"Walter in SOS call to old Scotland pal"

DBBTB please don't :(