Fleck

Tommy WATP

Carrying on from another post

Is this the player to replace Ferguson?

We do not need to spend say 3-4m on the same quality as Barry when we have someone able to do the same job

I think this would be the best option for the club as we can save money but we are also blooding a youngster with a great future ahead of him which will give him experience to become a great player

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not at all, far from it. Furman/Shinnie/Emslie are ahead of him in that position for me.

Are they though?

Shinnie and Emslie didn't get a sniff of 1st team this season, and didn't Furman only get one game?

Fleck is more talented than all of them, but can we play him centre mid?

No, not at all, far from it. Furman/Shinnie/Emslie are ahead of him in that position for me.

Are they though?

Shinnie and Emslie didn't get a sniff of 1st team this season, and didn't Furman only get one game?

I am sure he can play CM

If not he could always be used as an AM with Thomson sitting in behind him

Are they though?

I am sure he can play CM

I know right now that's too attacking for Walter. Leaves centre mid far too exposed.

Are they though?

I am sure he can play CM

I know right now that's too attacking for Walter. Leaves centre mid far too exposed.

Last year we played 4-5-1 with Ferguson supposedly the AM

If we play the same formation then Fleck would fit in perfectly

Are they though?

I am sure he can play CM

Last year we played 4-5-1 with Ferguson supposedly the AM

If we play the same formation then Fleck would fit in perfectly

That would necessitate one up front, but you make a great point. That COULD work.

Fleck showed a few touches of brilliance during that Cup Final.

No they're not. Fleck has been the outstanding talent at all levels outside the 1st team

if hees good enough , hees old enough

Sink or swim, theres only one way to find out, get him in there.

Your still a "youngster" in Scottish football when your in your mid 20s ffs.

Kris Boyd!

That youngster that he is....at 24 doh

be too much to put a full season on him I think like that **clicks fingers** i think theres gonna have to be alot of coming off the bench with 20 mins to go just like Moyes did with Rooney remember that goal against Arsenal his first quality!!

Nah, fleck wont be ready for another year or 2.

Furman, however is. Keep him for a long time, let him learn from Fergie (in his good years), he will become top class. Maybe our next Captain after Barry.

No they're not. Fleck has been the outstanding talent at all levels outside the 1st team

Right so lets drop captain barry for ... john fleck?? doh

He doesnt even play in that position does he? If we are talking about a formation change then fair enough but i still dont think its the right time to throw him in the deep end.

Put it this way, if i said last week, we are going to drop barry, who do we play instead, i dont think many people would be calling for john fleck

He doesnt even play in that position does he? If we are talking about a formation change then fair enough but i still dont think its the right time to throw him in the deep end.

Put it this way, if i said last week, we are going to drop barry, who do we play instead, i dont think many people would be calling for john fleck

Who said drop Barry?

He's injured, where have you been for the past 9 hours :P

Who said drop Barry?

He's injured, where have you been for the past 9 hours :P

You can't play him injured surely :craphead:

If he is injured you have to drop him :unionflag:

Yes lets throw a 16 year old into the center of midfield, the most important area in a team. The lad who's had around 3 first team games as a sub, yeah stick him in there for all the CL games and the start of the season.

Don't be stupid.

And don't give me the old "but look at Fabregas" story. Fabregas is a very special talent. Don't get me wrong i think Feck's a fantastic prospect but, IMO, he's nowhere near the quality that Fab was when he was 16.

Keep it real guys. We need someone with a good amount of experience, would love to see Davis signed and put in the center there. CMF should be top of our list atm.

Yes lets throw a 16 year old into the center of midfield, the most important area in a team. The lad who's had around 3 first team games as a sub, yeah stick him in there for all the CL games and the start of the season.

Don't be stupid.

And don't give me the old "but look at Fabregas" story. Fabregas is a very special talent. Don't get me wrong i think Feck's a fantastic prospect but, IMO, he's nowhere near the quality that Fab was when he was 16.

Keep it real guys. We need someone with a good amount of experience, would love to see Davis signed and put in the center there. CMF should be top of our list atm.

Same with Furman then.

And Davis...we aren't gonna trump the £3.5m that Blackburn have offered, I can't see him in our team next year.

That leaves Dailly, Hemdani or even Whittaker going by your rule and that's simply not good enough.

Don't be stupid.

Same with Furman then.

And Davis...we aren't gonna trump the £3.5m that Blackburn have offered, I can't see him in our team next year.

That leaves Dailly, Hemdani or even Whittaker going by your rule and that's simply not good enough.

dont think i could deal with a RB in the centre of midfield, and the thought of Dailly and hemdain scares me also

Don't be stupid.

He's good enough therfore he is old enough. Stop you bullshit reasoning that that's not the case.

It does no one any favours

Don't be stupid.

He's good enough therfore he is old enough. Stop you bullshit reasoning that that's not the case.

It does no one any favours

Jim, that's the first grammatical mistake I've seen from you all day.

I remember you mentioning something about tinnies chilling in the fridge...;)

Good man (tu)