Our Pre-Season.

OrangeBurn

Surely we should have at least 4 glamour ties.

A chance to show the rest of the world how we can compete. This way the only thing we are playing for is Pride.

Liverpool - Great

Schalke 04 - Good.

The rest are shocking, Clyde? Raith? why are we playing friendlies against teams like these, when there is a good chance we could get them in a cup.

We need teams like, Inter, Real Madrid, Marseille, Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern M. Even go to Argentina: Boca, River Plate. Brazil : Corinthians, Santos. USA : LA Galaxy, Houston Dynamo.

Anyone agree, we could use this to raise our reputation worldwide?

A chance to show the rest of the world how we can compete. This way the only thing we are playing for is Pride.

Liverpool - Great

Schalke 04 - Good.

The rest are shocking, Clyde? Raith? why are we playing friendlies against teams like these, when there is a good chance we could get them in a cup.

We need teams like, Inter, Real Madrid, Marseille, Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern M. Even go to Argentina: Boca, River Plate. Brazil : Corinthians, Santos. USA : LA Galaxy, Houston Dynamo.

yes and we should, not only that if we are gonna play turd teams play them where we are going to exploit a market ie far east or US or somewhere

You're making far too much of pre season. The whole idea is to build up match fitness - that's it.

When Barcelona come here, are you left with a great impression of them having expanded their brand worldwide? Nah. You think they played against Dundee United (or whoever), skelped them and went home. Nothing special.

Pre season games are meaningless and utterly crap. If we win against a big club in a "glamour" tie, people get excited. If we lose, it's wrist slashing time again. Pointless.

The training facilities in USA are scary mate. You want to get fit you go there, as ironic as it sounds.

Regardless, we pay hundreds of pounds per season watching our team against th elikes of Cally Thistle, we deserve a few glamour ties. And to be honest if i was playing for Rangers, i'd want to play top class teams regarless if its pre season or not.

Our last season should have done the job of raising our profile, job done, this pre-season doesn't need to be a PR exercise, it only needs to be what it needs to be, a work-out.

The season will kick off soon enough and our energy can now be focused on winning games.

We only need to see some signings and to win the important games that face us. The glamour ties will come later in the competition, hopefully.

You're making far too much of pre season. The whole idea is to build up match fitness - that's it.

When Barcelona come here, are you left with a great impression of them having expanded their brand worldwide? Nah. You think they played against Dundee United (or whoever), skelped them and went home. Nothing special.

Pre season games are meaningless and utterly crap. If we win against a big club in a "glamour" tie, people get excited. If we lose, it's wrist slashing time again. Pointless.

Agreed.

I can find no connection between a successful season and Pre-Season games! No!!!

Let these will clubs from D-1 or D-2, not games are major for Pre-Season.

Good trainings terms, good selection and clever manager ... it's most important for Pre-Season.

When we had Reyna the USA captain we did not use him to raise our profile in the states what makes you think that our PR team :barf: would make make a better job using DMB to promote us.

Right now, I'm only interested in bringing in new faces, integrating them into a side that is fit and ready to bring the title home where it belongs.

Nothing else matters to me this year. I want the SPL crown and I don't care about anything else.

I would have preferred 3 games in North America and raise our profile, something we are very poor at.

Failure to win the league, meant this was impossible

True I suppose :( However I would like to see us do more in the way of PR, we trail Timmy big time.

I would have preferred 3 games in North America and raise our profile, something we are very poor at.

Failure to win the league, meant this was impossible

True I suppose :( However I would like to see us do more in the way of PR, we trail Timmy big time.

(tu) makes the league this year even more important - saying that would we go to north america if we had won the league? Im not so sure

I'm far more concerned with us improving on the training ground - getting peak fitness levels and tactical sharpness, etc than with who we play in friendlies.

The tims love being everyone's favourite testimonial opposition and that's fine for them as they try to spread there lies of havign a friendly support, but I'm glad that we don't do that.

Yeah, a cople of big games would be good, but I don't believe there is any link between pre-season oppo and how we will performing during the season. I do agree that we don't make the best of combining our pre-season training with raising our global profile (and finances) though.

Liverpool - Great

Schalke 04 - Good.

No.

Pre season should be a mix of glamour ties and fitness and signatures.

A couple of shiny games for the fans, plus the rest should be about preparing for the new season and building.

If we played glamour ties and got pumped, our confidence would be shattered before the season started.

Also players like Fleck, Lennon and Furman might not get a chance to impress/ or may flop.

:thumbs_up: Agreed