Thomson a liability?

thomson is a very energetic player rather than a dirty player and i dont think he can help flying into tackles the way he does. It is a problem for us as we really miss him when hes out and we could do without him getting suspended all the time this season. I dont know if we can do anything about it though, if you try to change him he wont be as good a player as his energy and non stop running are his biggest assets.

thomson is a very energetic player rather than a dirty player and i dont think he can help flying into tackles the way he does. It is a problem for us as we really miss him when hes out and we could do without him getting suspended all the time this season. I dont know if we can do anything about it though, if you try to change him he wont be as good a player as his energy and non stop running are his biggest assets.

He just needs to think a little bit more. His problem is he is a tad slow, but he gives great effort.

With his style of play aswell as the role that he is asked to play he is always going to pick up a lot of bookings.

If he gets booked for charging into a tackle then thats fine in my book. After all if he bottled out of tackles we would all be moaning about his lack of heart & tackling.

It's the stupid bookings, things like dissent (against Celtic at Ibrox) and when he blootered the ball into that St Mirren players fater the whistle, that he needs to cut out.

To call him a liabilty because of it is an joke.

Probably just more eager than usual being our first game of the season. Remember last summer Darcheville was getting involved in all sorts, and the talk was that he'd cost us dearly, temperament would be a liability, could we trust him to keep the head in big games........besides the Lyon game (which just popped into my head there, damn ;)), he didn't cause us any real issues with regards to bookings and suspensions.

Thomson is maturing into an impressive player. No worries at all about him this season, he'll be a key player if we are to win this title back.

His tackling isnt the best part of his game, but hes a pretty influential player or me, maybe just has to work on it a bit and cut out the back chat. Paul Scholes is a great player aswell, but one thing he cant do is tackle, but makes up for it through hi ability, not making any comparisions, but i think the same applies to Thompson.

its funny how i posted on here when we first signed him, and was on about the amount of fouls he was giving away and saying he would have to calm down. the abuse i got was unreal but its looking as if i was spot on.

Part of his development is curbing the amount of bookings but it'll take time. Showed a massive improvement last season but worryingly developed some of his old bad habits as the season wore on.

I'd rather he flew into challenges than not at all. We all complain when a player does not go through people, then we complain when they do.

If he could just cut out the stupid fouls then we'd be fine.

But if we dont get Davis or someone like him in plus an attacking midfielder and a winger on top of a quality CB, then Thomson will struggle this coming season.

Probably the reason he needs to charge about putting in so many challenges is he has got so much to do covering for the rest of the useless haddies in midfield (Adam, McCulloch, Hemdani, Dailly)

pulled at half time for booking and still keeping charging into tackles. it makes the mid field problem look worse if he is going to be suspended regularly.

Anybody else a liability in your opinion ? Cuellar ? So we don't tackle or do things for the benefit of the team ? doh:sherlock:

Novo comes on in the 2nd half against the sheep (a game that was vital to us) 10 mins later he gets himself sent off. and not for the first time may i add.

anybody else you want to gripe about? big lee for his audations double axe handle smash, cousin and his countless headbuts, mcshagger for tripping, carlos for his super save or whittaker for tripping and darchy for stamping his authority on a lyon player.

have i missed anybody

Novo comes on in the 2nd half against the sheep (a game that was vital to us) 10 mins later he gets himself sent off. and not for the first time may i add.

anybody else you want to gripe about? big lee for his audations double axe handle smash, cousin and his countless headbuts, mcshagger for tripping, carlos for his super save or whittaker for tripping and darchy for stamping his authority on a lyon player.

have i missed anybody

Broadfoot for talking down McDonald outside the box and conceding a penalty despite McDonald making the first foul. Also, Weir for the delayed red after the previous OF game.

have i missed anybody

Broadfoot for talking down McDonald outside the box and conceding a penalty despite McDonald making the first foul. Also, Weir for the delayed red after the previous OF game.

Never got sent off

have i missed anybody

Broadfoot for taking down McDonald outside the box and conceding a penalty despite McDonald making the first foul. Also, Weir for the delayed red after the previous OF game.

Never got sent off

Didn't he? Now on reflection, I think you're right, because they moaned about it, claiming the ref still helped us out.

have i missed anybody

Broadfoot for taking down McDonald outside the box and conceding a penalty despite McDonald making the first foul. Also, Weir for the delayed red after the previous OF game.

Never got sent off

Didn't he? Now on reflection, I think you're right, because they moaned about it, claiming the ref still helped us out.

Referee felt sorry for him.......

It's the stupid bookings, things like dissent (against Celtic at Ibrox) and when he blootered the ball into that St Mirren players fater the whistle, that he needs to cut out.

I don't consider the St Mirren booking a liability, how can it be when your sticking up for your team mates. The St Mirren player deserved it pure and simple.

a good player who picks up some needless bookings , however we need his aggression in the middle of the park

i think he could be a future captain of rangers

I think Cuellar will be captain this season.

Dave Weir had it yesterday and KT was playing.