Light blues

Have we always been called the light blues?

From as far back as I can remember we have meant to be royal blue so what is the deal with the light blues when we've never been in lightblue (I think).

We were playing a team in dark blue, not sure who, Queens park or something. And to differentiate, some reporter called us the "light blues" in a newspaper the following day. Thats what I was once told anyway (tu)

Have we always been called the light blues?

From as far back as I can remember we have meant to be royal blue so what is the deal with the light blues when we've never been in lightblue (I think).

We were playing a team in dark blue, not sure who, Queens park or something. And to differentiate, some reporter called us the "light blues" in a newspaper the following day. Thats what I was once told anyway (tu)

Dundee and Falkirk played in a dark blue strip and Scotland too.

i have always called the royal blues, but i think it was about 2 years ago i heard a commentator or journalist refer to us as the light blues and found it strange.

I will never call us the light blues. dont think it sounds right.

Looking through some articles I have, there's a reference to the Light Blues in the Scottish Athletic Journal from 1886. I've seen earlier than that, though.

A full explanation of the name, I believe, will be one of the facts from an upcoming book by Bob McElroy. "The Rangers Miscellany" I think it's called.