Broadfoot for centre back

rabness

Give it some thought before ramming it down my throat! <cr>

Remember he was played out of position last season, then whitaker can play right back where he should be. :rangers:

Who am i kidding, Walters in charge! :bouncy:

Although I appreciate his endeavour and committment - he is just not good or consistent enough to be any sort of first XI regular at Rangers.

At best he should be cover for Right Back, but in my humble opinion someone should be bought for that position rendering Mr Broadfoot surplus to requirements.

Although I appreciate his endeavour and committment - he is just not good or consistent enough to be any sort of first XI regular at Rangers.

At best he should be cover for Right Back, but in my humble opinion someone should be bought for that position rendering Mr Broadfoot surplus to requirements.

i agree (tu)

The lad is all heart and gives 100% but he is not good enough IMO.

At right back he was caught out of position so many times and if it wasnt for King Carlos it would have cost us.

I fear at centre back he would be the same. King Carlos needs a stable partner at the back who is no nonesense, takes no risks and has good positional sense (a young Davie Weir!!).

Sorry Kirk but you just aint good enough!

I remember watching him for St Mirren and when he played CB he was always on these runs through the middle!!

Some of them were even half decent

I remember those. Actually, almost like Hutton with less pace, obviously.

I remember he done it against us beating around 5 players before being brought down.

I remember watching him for St Mirren and when he played CB he was always on these runs through the middle!!

Some of them were even half decent

I remember those. Actually, almost like Hutton with less pace, obviously.

I remember he done it against us beating around 5 players before being brought down.

Yep. I think people are a bit premature in saying he's a dreadful player. He was a out of position and taking over from Hutton who had been exceptional the fans didn't help.

Then again, there were fans who gave Hutton pelters. Patience can be a virtue with some players.

I didn't think Broadfoot was/is as bad as many make him out to be...

He was at a disadvantage for a few reasons last seasons:

1. He is only 23 and it was his first season at Rangers;

2. He was played out of position at right back;

3. He was unrealistically expected to be as good as Hutton by many people;

4. In the absence of any creative influence he was pushed forward as often as possible which explains his positioning at times.

Generally I thought he did OK and while his ability is questionable, I think people are very harsh in their criticism of the lad.

I didn't think Broadfoot was/is as bad as many make him out to be...

He was at a disadvantage for a few reasons last seasons:

1. He is only 23 and it was his first season at Rangers;

2. He was played out of position at right back;

3. He was unrealistically expected to be as good as Hutton by many people;

4. In the absence of any creative influence he was pushed forward as often as possible which explains his positioning at times.

Generally I thought he did OK and while his ability is questionable, I think people are very harsh in their criticism of the lad.

Again, good points. He was not as bad as many are saying that's for sure. One thing I liked was the way he seems to enthusiastically bounce back after making a cock-up and doesn't let his head go down. Whittaker is similar. Charlie Adam could learn from that.

Aye if Broadfoot showed one thing worthy of praise last season it was his mental strength.

I'm sure the lad knows his own failings but he never hid and from what we hear about his efforts to improve his fitness etc in the summer, some other more senior players could do with copying his example.

Aye if Broadfoot showed one thing worthy of praise last season it was his mental strength.

I'm sure the lad knows his own failings but he never hid and from what we hear about his efforts to improve his fitness etc in the summer, some other more senior players could do with copying his example.

True Frankie, but his ability remains questionable for now.

True Frankie, but his ability remains questionable for now.

No doubt about it mate. Have never said otherwise. :)

I don't think Broadfoot is good enough. But as a squad player he has reasonable value for when we require such players.

broadfoot is not a RB , he deserves a chance at CB before he is discarded

we should give him a chance to prove he is good enough to play for us

my personal opinion is , he is not , but I would love to be proved wrong

Would you trust Broadfoot at CB?

I know I wouldn't. His positioning and movement is awful, he can't jump and his communication is non existant.

An example was last season when no one was around him, Alexander shouted, Broadfoot looked up and the ball hit off his head and went out for a corner. He then did almost exactly the same in the 2nd half. The opposing fans piss themselves at him. The guy is a fukn dumpling and should be nowhere near a club like Rangers.

I know I wouldn't. His positioning and movement is awful, he can't jump and his communication is non existant.

An example was last season when no one was around him, Alexander shouted, Broadfoot looked up and the ball hit off his head and went out for a corner. He then did almost exactly the same in the 2nd half. The opposing fans piss themselves at him. The guy is a fukn dumpling and should be nowhere near a club like Rangers.

Could a lot of that be due to him playing an unfamiliar position and getting so much stick from the fans?

What the basics?

If he can't handle it then he shouldn't be at a club like Rangers. I love his attitude, mental strength, hard-work and love for the club, he's a trier and always will be....but he is a terrible football player.

I think your being a bit easy on him there Muff

He is absolute pish.I played football for school teams & some local juvenile teams & I was pish too-but still looked more like a football player than he does.

What has our GREAT CLUB came to-when men who are as much use as a poof with piles in our team.

We have had more crap players in our team in the last 7/8 years than in our previous history.

Throw ins are another embarrassment.

He is a conference player in a so called World top twenty team.

GTF

He's murder. I play 7's on a Sunday with more naturally gifted footballers than him.

I'd try 100 times harder for Rangers than Broadfoot does, but sadly, I'm not good enough either.

Get him out, stop giving him the sympathy vote.

I think your being a bit easy on him there Muff

He is absolute pish.I played football for school teams & some local juvenile teams & I was pish too-but still looked more like a football player than he does.

What has our GREAT CLUB came to-when men who are as much use as a poof with piles in our team.

We have had more crap players in our team in the last 7/8 years than in our previous history.

Throw ins are another embarrassment.

He is a conference player in a so called World top twenty team.

GTF

You must be too young to remember 85-86 and the 9 years without winning the league.

He's murder. I play 7's on a Sunday with more naturally gifted footballers than him.

I'd try 100 times harder for Rangers than Broadfoot does, but sadly, I'm not good enough either.

Get him out, stop giving him the sympathy vote.

I seriously doubt that or some of them would be playing in the SPL or better.