We will get in more players - Smith

FlippinEck

Yeah, but you dont hear them getting offers accepted for players and then not agreeing personal terms.

Yer, but we see them linked with £7m and £9M players, only to end up being interested in Berra or buying Mccourt

Could we not afford Shittu's wages or were we unwilling to pay him what he wanted?

i think the latter is more likely to be the real reason. I wouldnt pay him £20k a week, i dont think cuellar is even on that. Fair play to rangers for pulling out of the deal i say. We probably would have paid him up to £15k a week but if we had to spend that extra £5k a week that could be the difference between us signing another average player or getting that quality player we need. Shittu is a decent defender but hes not what i would class as a real quality signing and even though i would like him at ibrox as he would do well in the spl imo i wouldnt pay over the odds for him and £20k a week is over the odds imo. Hes on £10k a week at watford, what has he done to merit doubling his wages, greedy barsteward. Could have had a pay rise, got to play in europe and got to play for a far bigger club than hes at and have a chance of winning medals. That should be enough for any footballer but his greed has ruined the deal for everyone.

If we couldn't afford Shittu then there was no way we were going to be able to afford both Polga's wages and transfer fee.

We hear the same every season and end up dissapointed. For once Rangers, just fukn do it and get the quality required in!

So, do you reckon he is worth £20k a week? potentially more than Carlos is on?

or, does forking out too much for a player (£4mil for Davis) and paying them too much wages (£20k for Shittu) make the quality buys?

I think some perspective is required here somewhere

No but Anderson Polga is supposidly on £26k a week. If we aint going to pay £20k for Shittu then we aint going to pay more for another CB.

And that's your opinion that Davis is not worth £4m. Smith has come out and said that we cant afford that, not that he's not wrth that amount.

No but Anderson Polga is supposidly on £26k a week. If we aint going to pay £20k for Shittu then we aint going to pay more for another CB.

And that's your opinion that Davis is not worth £4m. Smith has come out and said that we cant afford that, not that he's not wrth that amount.

It wouldn't be very good bargaining to say "Yes we can afford that, but we're not paying it!"

It wouldn't be very good bargaining to say "Yes we can afford that, but we're not paying it!"

Especially if we went for other targets, they would demand more money for their players most likely

If we couldn't afford Shittu then there was no way we were going to be able to afford both Polga's wages and transfer fee.

We hear the same every season and end up dissapointed. For once Rangers, just fukn do it and get the quality required in!

So, do you reckon he is worth £20k a week? potentially more than Carlos is on?

or, does forking out too much for a player (£4mil for Davis) and paying them too much wages (£20k for Shittu) make the quality buys?

I think some perspective is required here somewhere

Why let perspective get in the way of a good rant??