Olivier Kapo

port_bear

"Birmingham have transfer-listed Olivier Kapo and the £3m French midfielder expects to link up again with former Blues boss Steve Bruce at Wigan."

This is the type of player we should be looking at, for £3m he should be within our budget and the guy would easily walk into our first team.

Why would we sign him............i mean he's quality.

Maybe go for someone else wi no pace,skill and canny pass,throw in,jump or tackle.........oh fuck Broadfoot signed last season <cr>

The thing is, I have our doubts about affording the wages of any quality player after the Shittu debacle.

Guest therabbitt

We're locked into a pretty regimental wage structure at the minute I think, remember Bain talking about it when we were aiming to sign Brown.

Wigan Athletic have agreed a £3.5million fee with Birmingham City for Olivier Kapo.

As revealed by skysports.com last month, Wigan have been chasing the Frenchman as they look to bolster their squad for next season.

Blues boss Alex McLeish signalled Kapo's departure from St Andrews earlier this week by revealing the club would not stand in his way if they received the right offer.

Marseille expressed an interest in the former Auxerre man, but Wigan have moved to beat the French giants to Kapo's signature by agreeing a fee with Birmingham.

Latics boss Steve Bruce is a big admirer of Kapo having signed him during his time in charge of Birmingham and he was keen to be reunited with the attacker.

Kapo is currently undergoing a medical at The JJB Stadium and if he comes through that successfully he will become Wigan's second signing of the summer following their free transfer capture of former Birmingham man Daniel De Ridder.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_3822024,00.html