Captain ? wtf

mannan

i thought the captain was supposed to be an ambassador for the club, someone who leads by example, one of the better players.........

yet once again, myself and no doubt countless other are wondering it was given to mcculloch 2nite, then passed to dailly.......the guys havent had a full season between them in terms of games played, and the standard ( i aim this especially at mcculloch ) has been poor

other players like novo, papac or thomson surely are more deserved of this, even in friendlies..........

thoughts??

as far as i can its a continuation of last seasons trends, where smith picks his favourite over other qualities that as far more important

Who else would you have liked to have seen captain the side tonight?

as far as i can its a continuation of last seasons trends, where smith picks his favourite over other qualities that as far more important

lol i wont even answer the question...........cause i thought i already did

lol i wont even answer the question...........cause i thought i already did

Oops, missed that part.

In my opinion Novo isn't disciplined enough to be captain, Thomson is too young (in Walters eyes!), and Papac's English won't be the best and even if it was I don't think he is the 'captain type'.

McCulloch is experienced, Scottish and knows what playing for Rangers is all about. I think he may get the armband a lot more this season, especially if we sign another centre half.

i thought the captain was supposed to be an ambassador for the club, someone who leads by example, one of the better players.........

yet once again, myself and no doubt countless other are wondering it was given to mcculloch 2nite, then passed to dailly.......the guys havent had a full season between them in terms of games played, and the standard ( i aim this especially at mcculloch ) has been poor

other players like novo, papac or thomson surely are more deserved of this, even in friendlies..........

thoughts??

LOL Thomson's the only player anywhere near the captaincy outa them three.

King Carlos, Weir and probably McCulloch are the more realistic options. Not saying McCulloch should get it, i don't even think he should be in the 1s team, but these are the lads walter will be looking at.

Its only a pre season friendly ffs away and untwist yer knickers.

:lol:(tu)

haha.............. coke all over moniter

tbh captaincy not really that important in a pre season game imho

i would argue that these are the exact kind of games that players who would not normally fit this role, or who you are lookin to give valuable experience, should be given the captancy..........

not dailly who should not even be on the pitch and mcculloch who should not even be at the club

this is just another example of the many decisions smith makes, that many of the supporters have doubts over and adds fuel to the worries for the season ahead

two players who in the eyes of the majority of supporters should bot be at the club, are given the captains armband <cr>