Captain ? wtf

mannan

Prolly an unpopular opinion but I think Kenny Miller would make a good captain. Great player and works hard. Also shows his loyalties coming back to Rangers.

Caught one :unionflag:

I'm guessing you disagree with my opinion about Kenny Miller then :craphead:

Doesn't really matter. Hes got the talent and if he finds his form it will be him leading our strikers in scoring and our team to an SPL title. Will be interesting to see where the supports stand on Kenny Miller then.

People need to get out of the past and realize that Kenny Miller is back to stay and will be a major factor in success in the 08/09 season.

Prolly an unpopular opinion but I think Kenny Miller would make a good captain. Great player and works hard. Also shows his loyalties coming back to Rangers.

Doesn't really matter. Hes got the talent and if he finds his form it will be him leading our strikers in scoring and our team to an SPL title. Will be interesting to see where the supports stand on Kenny Miller then.

Why you trying to get some arguements? You know where our support stands - Our as in not yours.

Jog on

Why you trying to get some arguements? You know where our support stands - Our as in not yours.

Jog on

Not sure who put you in charge of who determining who can and can't support Rangers. Guess what? Kenny Miller is a Rangers player now and I choose to support him and hope he produces like we all know he can. I support him the same as anyone else that puts on a Rangers top.

If you choose to hope that one player will fail and hurt Rangers then I guess it's you that needs to challenge your support of the club. :rangers:

FFS is he still here? Come on Admin your slacking.

Lets see what people say when KM does this......

brilliant finish. At least he got one Old Firm Goal during hes career though decent service helps.

Fuck off you inbred bastard.

I'm sure most, if not all, will agree that to be an effective captain a player needs the following qualities and abilities:-

Experience.

Tactical awareness.

The respect of his teammates.

The ability to inspire his teammates through either words or deeds.

The ability to pass on the coaches instructions to his teammates.

A cool head under pressure.

The ability to read the game as it unfolds.

I'm not a big fan of McCulloch or Dailly but I fail to see anyone else in the side that played tonight who could realistically be said to have all of the above. Say what you like about both McCulloch & Dailly, but they are exactly the type of players that make good captains, and quite possibly good managers in the future.

I'm sure most, if not all, will agree that to be an effective captain a player needs the following qualities and abilities:-

Experience.

Tactical awareness.

The respect of his teammates.

The ability to inspire his teammates through either words or deeds.

The ability to pass on the coaches instructions to his teammates.

A cool head under pressure.

The ability to read the game as it unfolds.

I'm not a big fan of McCulloch or Dailly but I fail to see anyone else in the side that played tonight who could realistically be said to have all of the above. Say what you like about both McCulloch & Dailly, but they are exactly the type of players that make good captains, and quite possibly good managers in the future.

i would agree with that to a certain extent in terms of dailly, not mcculloch, and if dailly hasnt got some of these qualities with the amount of time he has been playin then theres somethin wrong..........

my point being if thats the best we have outwith ferguson, what does that say for smiths team...........

we are severly lacking in many departments in otherwords

i thought the captain was supposed to be an ambassador for the club, someone who leads by example, one of the better players.........

yet once again, myself and no doubt countless other are wondering it was given to mcculloch 2nite, then passed to dailly.......the guys havent had a full season between them in terms of games played, and the standard ( i aim this especially at mcculloch ) has been poor

other players like novo, papac or thomson surely are more deserved of this, even in friendlies..........

thoughts??

Walter Smith is in love with McCulloch.

He makes my infatuation with Bruges forward Buffel (:() look apathetic.

i would argue that these are the exact kind of games that players who would not normally fit this role, or who you are lookin to give valuable experience, should be given the captancy..........

not dailly who should not even be on the pitch and mcculloch who should not even be at the club

this is just another example of the many decisions smith makes, that many of the supporters have doubts over and adds fuel to the worries for the season ahead

two players who in the eyes of the majority of supporters should bot be at the club, are given the captains armband <cr>

It certainly doesn't make me feel like we have lost the league just because McCulloch the Dailly were made captain.

The armband goes to the one the manager believes has the most influence over the team. The one who can get the team to gel and actually play as a TEAM.

And you honestly think Novo has that quality???