Does talk on the internet regarding Rangers

I think it helps, but it saddens me that I see division between websites.

Really, we should be more united in my opinion. Thoughts ?

Thats one thing I never understand, the divisions between websites. However, I do know a particular website had big issues when RM started from the outset, that I find pretty sad.

The internet is fantastic in that it allows Gers from across the board to get together and talk about the common interest of their support of the Gers.

There will always be differences Coop... and even competition/rivalry. That's always goign to be the case and isn't necessarily a bad thing or something to sadden the eye. it could even be a good thing -e.g. if different forums actively compete and pursue members it makes the Rangers famiy bigger and closer, albeit spread over a few different forums.

It also pts us up on the Tims as they don't possess the literary skills to be able to write, let alone operate computers!

The internet is fantastic in that it allows Gers from across the board to get together and talk about the common interest of their support of the Gers.

There will always be differences Coop... and even competition/rivalry. That's always goign to be the case and isn't necessarily a bad thing or something to sadden the eye. it could even be a good thing -e.g. if different forums actively compete and pursue members it makes the Rangers famiy bigger and closer, albeit spread over a few different forums.

It also puts us up on the Tims as they don't possess the literary skills to be able to write, let alone operate computers!

Well said Whytes, as an RM man I want us as a site to do well and grow. We have done that, thanks to the many great members we have.

Rangersmedia are the second biggest Rangers website in the world. We continue to grow every day.

That has been achieved through hard work by many people, and thankfully through kind donations to allow it to run.

Rangersmedia :rangers:

It also puts us up on the Tims as they don't possess the literary skills to be able to write, let alone operate computers!

Well said Whytes, as an RM man I want us as a site to do well and grow. We have done that, thanks to the many great members we have.

Rangersmedia are the second biggest Rangers website in the world. We continue to grow every day.

That has been achieved through hard work by many people, and thankfully through kind donations to allow it to run.

Rangersmedia :rangers:

:unionflag: this is the only Gers forum where ive actually stuck around and visit daily, albeit I dont post much!

RM has become huge over the years i've been here and it's been great watching it grow. Helps us in a big way, lets us vent our frustrations and share our joy with fellow bears around the world.

And banning the timmys helped :)

RM has become huge over the years i've been here and it's been great watching it grow. Helps us in a big way, lets us vent our frustrations and share our joy with fellow bears around the world.

And banning the timmys helped :)

I agree 72, initially we allowed them, but it was never going to work.

This is Rangersmedia, a site for the fans, by the fans. I think it works well.

It's already (easily) the first in a number of ways. First in design, first in friendliness, first in quality of debate, first in allowing free speech by a country mile. It's also the first site I've contributed to financially to support the efforts made on our behalf.

Soon enough - it'll be first in size, too. Inevitable if the work to maintain quality and progress the site for it's members continues.

First class! I'm really enjoying RM. :rangers:

It's already (easily) the first in a number of ways. First in design, first in friendliness, first in quality of debate, first in allowing free speech by a country mile. It's also the first site I've contributed to financially to support the efforts made on our behalf.

Soon enough - it'll be first in size, too. Inevitable if the work to maintain quality and progress the site for it's members continues.

First class! I'm really enjoying RM. :rangers:

:beer2: me too :)

Both.

Internet forums allow a completely honest and open discussion regarding all aspects of our club, from the half time food to finances and the big games. You get completely contrasting views from people, great debate and you can learn some things you maybe didn't know before.

But I think the internet has also made us very lazy. This won't be unique to Rangers supporters but I see fans of other clubs getting their message out there a lot more often and better than we do. We would rather hide on registration only forums, chit chatting and fighting with each other. Ultimately, what does bad mouthing another Rangers website achieve? They're only a reflection of the userbase and the userbase is our own support. We have enough to tackle without in-fighting.

Credit to the RM guys and other websites (the Light Blues blog is excellent) for putting out articles but if you look at the feeds, the Daily Record puts out more each day than all the Rangers fan websites combined. We're just not doing enough to put OUR message across. Rangers websites should be a network of sites working together to collectively put our message across, singing from the same hymnsheet on the important issues, putting pressure on the right people and leading and influencing the important debates. We don't do this.

There was a decent article on this point a few weeks ago here - http://www.rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=507744 (admin, if I'm not allowed to link to other sites then please remove it, thanks)

It also pts us up on the Tims as they don't possess the literary skills to be able to write, let alone operate computers!

Although I don't want to, I have to disagree here. Look at the amount of articles they write and how they all essentially make the same point over and over and over across loads of websites, consistently and on a daily basis. Not hidden forums, but websites that everyone can read. Check the newsnow feed throughout the day and you'll see it.

I'll be critical because they are utterly obsessed with Rangers in a manner that isn't reciprocated by us, and that's definitely good, but they are better at putting their point across online to the watching world. We still prefer to fight with ourselves. :(

I like RM, Im not one who is on the net much as I get bored easily, but this is a website Iv stuck with. Iv been told of a couple of others, but I looked at them and always came back to RM.

Folks on here might not agree and have a good ole slanging match, but it's because we are free minded people and don't agree with everything. Ma granny always said, if we were all alike, it would be a boring place - so please imagine the tim boards if they agree and aw support what the others say and can point their point out there, why dae they no just meet up in a big line in Bachanan Street and start licking one anothers arses!

We ain't like that - we are more like a family - you have you're arguments, but as soon as someone fae outside wants tae say anything against, we're at one anothers backs! Don't have it any other way!

Both.

Internet forums allow a completely honest and open discussion regarding all aspects of our club, from the half time food to finances and the big games. You get completely contrasting views from people, great debate and you can learn some things you maybe didn't know before.

But I think the internet has also made us very lazy. This won't be unique to Rangers supporters but I see fans of other clubs getting their message out there a lot more often and better than we do. We would rather hide on registration only forums, chit chatting and fighting with each other. Ultimately, what does bad mouthing another Rangers website achieve? They're only a reflection of the userbase and the userbase is our own support. We have enough to tackle without in-fighting.

Credit to the RM guys and other websites (the Light Blues blog is excellent) for putting out articles but if you look at the feeds, the Daily Record puts out more each day than all the Rangers fan websites combined. We're just not doing enough to put OUR message across. Rangers websites should be a network of sites working together to collectively put our message across, singing from the same hymnsheet on the important issues, putting pressure on the right people and leading and influencing the important debates. We don't do this.

There was a decent article on this point a few weeks ago here - http://www.rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=507744 (admin, if I'm not allowed to link to other sites then please remove it, thanks)

Good post Paintbox. I agree, it achieves nothing to bad-mouth other Rangers sites, people enjoy each of them according to their taste and preference. Thats human nature and perfectly natural.

When I look back to Manchester there was every Rangers website represented, and all I saw was cameradrie with each other, all bears and bearettes together.

Long may that continue.

For people like me who spend 95% of their life overseas the internet is a godsend. It enables us to keep up to date with what's going on at our club and we can even have little ciber arguments concerning players, tactics etc just like I used to have with my Rangers mates in the pub. The 3 F's family, friends and football are the things I miss most about living abroad the internet helps bring all 3 closer.