Is SDM to blame?

rfc_no1fan

He provided WS with £12 million last summer and WS's only success real success was Carlos Cuellar.

So far this season, he has given Walter £7 million. Walter has blown it on 3 front men, when Stevie Wonder could see our problem wasnt upfront.

If SDM had to release £20 million tomorrow and say to WS you can go out and sign who you want, would you trust WS to go out and sign the correct players? or would you expect him to blow the money on Berra, Reynolds, Flecther, Faddy, Murty, Quashie and Teale?

I honestly dont think "any significant ammount of money" released would help us get to the next level. I think we'd just waste it on over rated, over hyped Scottish players.

Do we have the right people in charge of the club? Is the drive still there for SDM and WS?

I personally think the club needs new owners, new management team and a new approach. We seem to have hit a wall and instead of improving and taking it to the next level, we stand still and hope Celtic dont improve. Every close season (Points difference to Celtic) is usually followed up by a disasterous season where the league is over by January. Will the same thing happen again? Does WS honestly believe because the squad over achieved last season, they will do it again this year?

I am not confident at all........

I think we have to go foreign in the future. Only problem is everyone is shitting themselves after the PLG carry-on.

Ally and Durrant aren't the Management team to take us on. Not yet anyway.

I think we have to go foreign in the future. Only problem is everyone is shitting themselves after the PLG carry-on.

They will never be ready to take over (td)

I think Ally has the potential, put him under a top class coach for the next 5-10 years and he could become special. But as for Durrant and some of the stories i've heard he will never be.

I think Ally has the potential, put him under a top class coach for the next 5-10 years and he could become special. But as for Durrant and some of the stories i've heard he will never be.

I think Ally is a great Assistant Manager, but i don't think he has what it takes to be the Gaffer :(

I think Ally is a great Assistant Manager, but i don't think he has what it takes to be the Gaffer :(

What makes you say that? The only problem with Ally being the "top man" is he is so close to the players and loves to play the class comic. I'm not sure if he will be able to knock that out of himself. I couldn't imagine SAF walking around the training ground everyday making everyone pish themseles with laughter.

But on the other hand something like that could work in Allys favour as he is likable and players would WANT to do well for him. Only time will tell.

What makes you say that? The only problem with Ally being the "top man" is he is so close to the players and loves to play the class comic. I'm not sure if he will be able to knock that out of himself. I couldn't imagine SAF walking around the training ground everyday making everyone pish themseles with laughter.

But on the other hand something like that could work in Allys favour as he is likable and players would WANT to do well for him. Only time will tell.

Thats part of the reason, i don't think he could gain the respect and discipline thats is needed when your the Gaffer, alot of players wouldn't respond IMO.

I believe they are traits a certain Mr Mourinho has ;)

In no way should that be a consideration for not being manager, as I understand it, Coisty is perfectly at ease losing his rag at people.

RFC, I wont mention the forwards situation in the opening post, as, have made my feelings on that pretty clear, a few times haha, and, you know I disagree :craphead:

I think the blame, if we want to call it that, starts at the top and filters down. Players should be the last to get it, after all, not their fault they are signed/picked etc.

We also have a problem, which is, the economic of it all. Rangers expect the best, however, at this particular point in time, the best, is only the best in Scotland, and therefore our league. We all want to be up there with Man U, Barca, Milan etc, but, we cant be at this point in time, not financially anyway, so, that is reflected in the players we buy.

The way we get better players, is, to make more money. A Change of ownership COULD provide that, depending on who bought us, and, how much they are prepared to fund. The problem being, at that point, we HAVE to be in the latter stages of Europe to justify the expenditure, its actually the same now. Pretty sure SDM has the opinion that, some fans dont care about Euro progression (as is mentioned on here a lot), and, as such, is pretty much funding to create a team to win the SPL, which, isnt as good as we want. Bear in mind he was truly lambasted for the "financial mismanagement" when we WERE trying to get success in Europe previoulsy. Why go through that again? Spend a little, win the SPL, beat Celtic, fans will stop moaning. Unless WE have a bit more ambition, I think thats what we are going to get.

IS SDM to blame for what giving walter 12 million last season and Walter using that money to get us to a major european final in that season...... yes he is

I dont know any Rangers fans who think we should be up there with Real Madrid, Man Utd etc.

However, Every fan thinks we SHOULD be attracting decent players and better than Celtic

First part - I do! Most successful side in Euro club football? History, big name. Why not? Man U were relegated years back! We should be the Scottish equivelant of those teams. However, we need time and effort to get there.

I mean, we moan we cant compete with the likes of Bolton and others for players? Then moan if we look at Championship players? I would like to know WHERE fans think we SHOULD sit in the scheme of things.

Better than Celtic? That is the problem for me. Small mindedness and no ambition. Thats nothing personally, and, not directed solely at you mate. Am sure Murray thinks thats all the fans want, and, we are seeing the "quality" of player in to reflect that

I dont know any Rangers fans who think we should be up there with Real Madrid, Man Utd etc.

However, Every fan thinks we SHOULD be attracting decent players and better than Celtic

First part - I do! Most successful side in Euro club football? History, big name. Why not? Man U were relegated years back! We should be the Scottish equivelant of those teams. However, we need time and effort to get there.

I mean, we moan we cant compete with the likes of Bolton and others for players? Then moan if we look at Championship players? I would like to know WHERE fans think we SHOULD sit in the scheme of things.

Better than Celtic? That is the problem for me. Small mindedness and no ambition. Thats nothing personally, and, not directed solely at you mate. Am sure Murray thinks thats all the fans want, and, we are seeing the "quality" of player in to reflect that

We need to concentrate on being better than Celtic and winning our own league, before we should be thinking about competing with the best teams in the world.

For my first post i dont want to sound to negative but £12 million will not solve our problems and i dont think WS can either ! we need someone totally different an english manager maybe that wont get to caught up like i think WS and co did last year ! i hate to use them as an example but the tims brought strapon in how knew about the club but didnt support them thats what we need !

what age will he be in 5 years time ?50 + sorry too late. he will be a ws clone by then.