One signing changes everything

Danny

Right now we're mostly feeling pretty low about our chances. With the exception of that nugget of joy Oleg, we are for the majority quite negative about what will happen next year.

The thing is, I was also feeling totally the same about my second team, Milan, who recently signed Ronaldinho. From the pits of despair I am now entirely optimistic about next season and their chances in the league. One signing has completely changed my outlook. From being underwhelmed about Zambrotta and Flamini, I now see Ronaldinho and the other two are suddenly great additions.

All Rangers need to do (not guaranteeing the league of course) is make ONE really exciting signing and suddenly guys like Lafferty and Velicka look like decent players and worthy additions rather than the average and uninspiring fodder they look like right now.

The fans need a major pep up - DMB, Smith and Lafferty all injured, Webster fit (just kidding), Boyd being threatened with an offload to Cardiff. It's pretty depressing all round.

So if we can bring in a, as DB puts it, 'blue chip' signing. A real exciting one like maybe in the Dado Prso ball park, then you'll see a lot better feeling among the fans.

It won't solve everything, but we do need a pick me up.

Oleg truly is the nugget of joy.

I look up to him when I feel down :lol:

One creative midfielder - I agree Danny. Is it really too much to ask?!

Depending on the draw, I doubt whether this team is good enough to make the Champions League.

Oleg truly is the nugget of joy.

I look up to him when I feel down :lol:

One creative midfielder - I agree Danny. Is it really too much to ask?!

I hope not PG, I hope not.

Depending on the draw, I doubt whether this team is good enough to make the Champions League.

It struggled to beat a 4th division German side.

That's chronic beyond words.

We need a stark injection of excitement just to give us something to look forward to.

Sign us a sexy name for God's sake - otherwise there is literally nothing for us to be cheery about.

Yes were low with some of the recent surroundings.

I believe we will bring in a couple more players, one which will please us.

Dont look into pre season matches, considering nearly every key player in the team has been missing.

But C'mon Walter give us something to be fookin encouraged by, we need to pump these mhanks next year!

I agree that one good signing could certainly lift the mood. Although it may only temporarily paper over a few cracks. We were told to expect quality, and I took that to mean 2 or 3 quality players. We haven't signed one yet in my view.

P.S I reckon Ronaldinho is going to be a huge let down for Milan fans ;)

im sorry but were do you get the majority are negative?

the usuall suspects are negative thats it

I think that's wishful thinking.

The majority on this board of thousands of members are negative, almost every Gers fan I know is fearing the new season as well.

I can't see any valid explanation as to why that trend would be bucked anywhere else across Scotland.

I was very critical of Walters formation last term, made to eat my words on more than one occasion though,

but what I did notice was that 4-5-1 can be an effective system if you have pace from the midfield to support the lone striker and speed on the wings to get in behind. For me a quality midfielder would make a difference going forward but we really need another couple of quality signings to make an overall improvement and to get us all more upbeat.

Right now we're mostly feeling pretty low about our chances. With the exception of that nugget of joy Oleg, we are for the majority quite negative about what will happen next year.

The thing is, I was also feeling totally the same about my second team, Milan, who recently signed Ronaldinho. From the pits of despair I am now entirely optimistic about next season and their chances in the league. One signing has completely changed my outlook. From being underwhelmed about Zambrotta and Flamini, I now see Ronaldinho and the other two are suddenly great additions.

All Rangers need to do (not guaranteeing the league of course) is make ONE really exciting signing and suddenly guys like Lafferty and Velicka look like decent players and worthy additions rather than the average and uninspiring fodder they look like right now.

The fans need a major pep up - DMB, Smith and Lafferty all injured, Webster fit (just kidding), Boyd being threatened with an offload to Cardiff. It's pretty depressing all round.

So if we can bring in a, as DB puts it, 'blue chip' signing. A real exciting one like maybe in the Dado Prso ball park, then you'll see a lot better feeling among the fans.

It won't solve everything, but we do need a pick me up.

I'm not in the pits of despair. I think we will win the league this season. No problem.

The majority on this board of thousands of members are negative, almost every Gers fan I know is fearing the new season as well.

I can't see any valid explanation as to why that trend would be bucked anywhere else across Scotland.

ive no doubt danny is baseing his opinions on this forum alone

theres a negative amount of posters on this forum and a positive amount of posters too,if this arguement was based on the rangers fans as a whole id see the point but baseing it on a forum is pish,all it takes is one day the negative guys show out in force and thats it people would see it as a majority of gers fans think negatively.

see what i mean?

What is a "big signing" though?

Plenty of people on here say that they watch very little football outwith the UK, so are they really going to be aware of players who are maybe good players, but they don't play for massive clubs?

Is it going to be a case of us blowing a massive sum of money on a player who is well known, for our fans to say do you know what he's a good signing.

ive no doubt danny is baseing his opinions on this forum alone

theres a negative amount of posters on this forum and a positive amount of posters too,if this arguement was based on the rangers fans as a whole id see the point but baseing it on a forum is pish,all it takes is one day the negative guys show out in force and thats it people would see it as a majority of gers fans think negatively.

see what i mean?

So what do you base yours on bud, 'exiled' as you are?

I really don't think one signing will change everything.

There's too many holes in this boat, need more than one plug to stop the leaks :)

I know. My point is more about fan feeling than anything else.

I really don't think one signing will change everything.

There's too many holes in this boat, need more than one plug to stop the leaks :)

I know. My point is more about fan feeling than anything else.

It would obviously give us all a boost if we did manage to sign some sort of quality.

Still wouldn't change anything with me until we have sorted out a CH, RB and AMF...