RFC say Carlos is out and hints at 4-5-1 with Kenny

Boab

Miller is poised to be given a main striking role in the match and it's one he is well used to from the Scotland national team.

Carlos Cuellar won't make it, though, so Kirk Broadfoot is liable to deputise at centre back beside Davie Weir as he did in the first leg.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1357869,00.html

Is anybody concerned that Carlos' 'injury' is a ploy to stop him getting Cup tied for Europe?

Second time I've heard this one. And it implies SDM is picking the team, not Smith.

Is anybody concerned that Carlos' 'injury' is a ploy to stop him getting Cup tied for Europe?

Second time I've heard this one. And it implies SDM is picking the team, not Smith.

No it implies that Watty knows Carlos is a hugely saleable asset if we don;t get any Euro money, which lessens in value should he be cup-tied.

So were putting our worst striker up there himself in a game we have to win.

Don't you just love Walter.......he's playing for penalties already and it's only the second game.

Let's hope Carlos is injured and it's not a ploy so we can sell him if we get put out of Europe.

No it implies that Watty knows Carlos is a hugely saleable asset if we don;t get any Euro money, which lessens in value should he be cup-tied.

tbh the teams who had been for Carlos are outwith the CL contenders. He'd be eligible for the Uefa Cup.

Why the f*ck am I even talking like this.

We should not need CC v Kaunus. If Velicka does not start... Wattie imho has lost the plot. And I am a big WS backer!

IF we lose this match with BOYDY on the bench, he needs to go. Sorry.

If he plays miller on his tod upfront we will then run out ideas after 20mins then end up hitting the ball high we can up the pitch hoping he wins in against to big center half's and scores! that been the tactic few months now haha..

go with 2 striker upfront

we have 4 good strikers in Boyd miller lafferty velicka

i thought with walter bringing in 3 new striker wed start to play more attacking football with 442 and a partnership or miller and boyd but even in a friendly he plays 451 with 2 striker working as wingers! doh

He can only be cup-tied if he plays in the 3rd qualifying round, since this is the second qualifying round this talk is pointless at the moment!

tbh I would feel far more comfortable with Miller taking the lone strikers role than I would if he was hinting at JCD, Cousin or even Boyd to do it.

IMO the team should be:

-McGregor-

-Whittaker-Dailly-Weir-Papac-

-McCulloch-Hemdani-Thomson-

-Novo-Miller-Lafferty-

Thank f.ck your not picking the team, Hemdani and Dailly shouldn't be allowed anywhere our starting 11. Did you see Hemdani allow N'Gog run right past him for the goal at the weekend? I wasnt at the game but I got the impression it was all Broadfoots fault, however looking at the replay Hemdani is just jogging behind N'Gog, made NO attempt to tackle and watched as he drove forward and scored, PATHETIC!!

to want to put dailly in with weir( Jack and Victor) instead of broadfoot, is plain daft........and to me velicka is the obvious choice in a 4 - 5 - 1 in europe.

I'd rather have Dailly than Broadfoot... am I daft aswell? Just 'cause I disagree with you?

Velicka isn't the most mobile forward either, so I'm not sure that would work in a 4-5-1.