With 8 strikers

dummiesoot

Basing his subject on last season, Watty tended to leave the back 4 and midfield 5 fairly consistent, chopping and changing the front line, does this have an adverse effect on the fluidity (what fluidity? you ask, just work with me on this) of the team. By constantly swapping the frontmen and formation there is little scope for players to build up a relationship, knowing what runs will be made etc. Now assuming we do sign some creativity, will the number of options Walter has up front make matters worse and continuity will fall by the wayside.

PS

On the continuity theme, we have played Miller up front on his own for 3 games in a row against higher level opposition and failed to score, should Walter be trying something different as we are boring predictable and lack creativity a goal shy work horse is not working for us just now.

Aye 8 strikers and no midfield or width so the question is so's gonna create scoring chances for these striker?

MC read my post, assuming we sign some creativity...

Then it comes down to formation and they've left it a bit late, no player is gonna coming in is gonna be able pick up on the other players play. This should have all been sort in pre-season, ffs the league is starting in a week and we are already playing competitive games.

Buffel was the most creative player we had and he never got a chance, so does Smith actually want to buy in some creativity?

Aye 8 strikers and no midfield or width so the question is so's gonna create scoring chances for these striker?

Then it comes down to formation and they've left it a bit late, no player is gonna coming in is gonna be able pick up on the other players play. This should have all been sort in pre-season, ffs the league is starting in a week and we are already playing competitive games.

Buffel was the most creative player we had and he never got a chance, so does Smith actually want to buy in some creativity?

In part it comes down to formation, i am more referring to the days when we knew the first team, McCoist and Hately up fornt, everyone knew how each other played, the way Watty works now no-one up front has that luxury.

Was Alan Gow not a bit creative but never got a chance??

We have a squad capable of playing nice football if Walter just cut out all the defensiveness style play. gave some youngsters chance stead like dailly adam mcCulloch always playing. playing people outa position and playing players that just aint "rangers class". Sign Steve Davis from Fulham get in a decent Winger. Find two strikers who can play together. Although were leaving bit late needs be done before two weeks or something or were fucked i guess. or its back to 451 and drawing or grinding out jammy results..

In part it comes down to formation, i am more referring to the days when we knew the first team, McCoist and Hately up fornt, everyone knew how each other played, the way Watty works now no-one up front has that luxury.

That what I was getting at that it's bit late now, it really all should have been sorted before now! It take time for a team to gel and build understanding!

The last time we had that was the Buffel & Lovenkrands partnership!

Walter wants JCD and miller but it just aint happening!! (td)

Hes brought in 3 new strikers.

Least one them along with boyd would be deadly.

We need score goals. someone supply boydy and good winger CM sorted :D

It's brutal to say it, but over 18 months in charge, and the signs are clear that Smith doesn't want creativity. If he did, Gow would have got more of a chance, ditto Buffel. He also, outwith Gow, hasn't signed a single player with any creative spark.

As for fluidity, to play devil's advocate here, this smacks of the rotation system. It works sometimes, but not others.

I personally prefer the strongest 11 to be played based on form. If a player is injured someone comes in and covers, and if that guy plays well he stays in. The only time I ever objected to this actually happening was when Eck stuck with Ron over Klos. Especially when Ron started making mistakes but kept his place.

It's brutal to say it, but over 18 months in charge, and the signs are clear that Smith doesn't want creativity. If he did, Gow would have got more of a chance, ditto Buffel. He also, outwith Gow, hasn't signed a single player with any creative spark.

As for fluidity, to play devil's advocate here, this smacks of the rotation system. It works sometimes, but not others.

I personally prefer the strongest 11 to be played based on form. If a player is injured someone comes in and covers, and if that guy plays well he stays in. The only Smith set out to create a hardworking, solid midfield and to be fair to him, for a spell he actually looked like doing so. A midfield core of Davis, Thomson and Ferguson time I ever objected to this actually happening was when Eck stuck with Ron over Klos. Especially when Ron started making mistakes but kept his place.

with Hemdani coming in on European nights looked fine to me. Ultimately, it was the lack of creativity coming from the wings and up front that cost us.

If you cast your mind back to late December when we played Hibs, we played (for me) our best football of the season. With Naismith and Burke on the wings we actually had some sort of attacking threat. Thomson and Hemdani cancelled out any sort of Hibs attack and Ferguson acted as the water carrier. There was an outlet and we had a polished look about us. Its no surprise that Beasley has also looked so comfortable in the role as well.

Afterwards, McCulloch and Davis were used in the "winger" roles which transformed the ENTIRE midfield into a bloated, turgid mess. There was no out and out attacker coming from the midfield. I know Burke isnt everyones cup of tea but he has an attacking instinct ingrained in him, as does Naismith. McCulloch and Davis simply dont. This isnt a dig on Davis by the way, i like him but i dont think he'll ever be a creative/attacking midfielder nevermind an attacking winger.

It will be interesting to see who he brings in over the coming weeks. I hope we get some really attacking minded players in instead of the likes of Etuhu. The signing of Bougherra gives me hope because from what ive seen of him, he likes to play football.

I personally prefer the strongest 11 to be played based on form. If a player is injured someone comes in and covers, and if that guy plays well he stays in. The only Smith set out to create a hardworking, solid midfield and to be fair to him, for a spell he actually looked like doing so. A midfield core of Davis, Thomson and Ferguson time I ever objected to this actually happening was when Eck stuck with Ron over Klos. Especially when Ron started making mistakes but kept his place.

with Hemdani coming in on European nights looked fine to me. Ultimately, it was the lack of creativity coming from the wings and up front that cost us.

If you cast your mind back to late December when we played Hibs, we played (for me) our best football of the season. With Naismith and Burke on the wings we actually had some sort of attacking threat. Thomson and Hemdani cancelled out any sort of Hibs attack and Ferguson acted as the water carrier. There was an outlet and we had a polished look about us. Its no surprise that Beasley has also looked so comfortable in the role as well.

That day made me happy. Naismith on the left, Burke on the right, Cousin in the middle. We played fantastically that day.

Afterwards, McCulloch and Davis were used in the "winger" roles which transformed the ENTIRE midfield into a bloated, turgid mess. There was no out and out attacker coming from the midfield. I know Burke isnt everyones cup of tea but he has an attacking instinct ingrained in him, as does Naismith. McCulloch and Davis simply dont. This isnt a dig on Davis by the way, i like him but i dont think he'll ever be a creative/attacking midfielder nevermind an attacking winger.

It will be interesting to see who he brings in over the coming weeks. I hope we get some really attacking minded players in instead of the likes of Etuhu. The signing of Bougherra gives me hope because from what ive seen of him, he likes to play football.

According to one of his ex Crewe team mates, he likes to 'take risks'.

I think Burke is the solution on the right and should be given a run in the team, more concerned about gettin a creative man for the middle than a right winger.

:unsure:

oh fuck no, burke should never be allowed near the rangers team again

Burke will come in and have his usual handful of good games. He'll then get injured/lose form and find himself in the reserves.

A ridiculous waste of 12k p/w.

Spot on,i can remember getting excited when Burke had the ball and now when he plays its a battle keeping him on his feet,his diving is as bad as his inconsistency

Burke is not on that unless he actually plays.

I believe his contract is £8K p/week basic with £5k bonuses based on contribution.

I would say this also!!

well I sure hope so even then its allot of cash for him just makes you think what the likes of dailly etc are on walters "1st choice players"! :barf: