Ajax players not in Van Basten's plans

ScotBear

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...mp;&cc=5739

Ajax coach Marco van Basten has dropped Albert Luque, Kenneth Perez, Jurgen Colin and Laurent Delorge from first-team training.

The quartet have all been told they are no longer welcome after failing to impress during pre-season training.

Leonardo, Kennedy Bakircioglu, Dennis Rommedahl and George Ogararu have also been told they are free to find another club.

Anyone know whether or not any of these guys would be worth us taking a look at ?

Rommedahl would be a good signing if he could find his old form pre-Charlton, but again the issue of wages would crop up.

Luque was absolute bollocks at Newcastle and was apparently on a ton of wages, so I'd steer clear of that one.

The rest I don't know an awful lot about.

Just because they were "Ajax players" doesn't mean they were good palyers.

Not at all, but they are a respected club, so when they put as many as 8 players up for sale, perhaps there might be 1 or 2 that catch the eye of those that are familiar with dutch football (tu)

Perez IS 34 but he's a quality player.

For one season, to add a bit of flair and set piece brilliance, he'd be worth a pop.

He's 34, too bad he's not Scottish or else we'd be sure Walter Smith would make a move for him...Rommedahl and Bakircioglu would be good signings, but it seems the current management is intent on not risking the money on players that come from outside the UK.

Funny how we would all accept a 34 year old has been, because he plays for Ajax. But he wouldnt be any better than christian daily, still a 34 year old has been!

Not really, i think that Kenneth Perez could come in and "do a Cannigia" for us.

Christian Dailly is a League One standard player who just isnt very good.

Can someone tell me where Rangers are going? We are miles away from the English Premiership, struggling to compete with the championship for transfer fees and wages. I want to see Scottish players in our squad but only if they are good enough to be there but at the mo it seems we cant attract many others. I believe Walter was brought back to steady the ship and did just that with anti football tactics last season but i do not feel he's the right man for taking the club forward. This transfer window has been an absolute joke and Walter now finds himself top heavy with strikers, all of which would struggle for a game in any team in the Premiership, when he is determined to play one up front?! I genuinely do not believe we will be able to attract a playmaker we so so badly need. Rangers, if we discount Albertz, have never had someone who could threaten teams with a free kick, never! and yet every team we come up against has one. i hate to sound negative but it just seems that every summer we try to buy a new team, most of which end up being duds. What a team we had under Dick in his first year, what a team! and the sad thing is we will most probably never have that quality again. Walter will get desperate and let Cousin and Darchville go for next to nowt towards the end of the transfer window you watch, every manager knows it. Boyd should be trying to get away now before he has another frustrating season on-off the bench. If we go out of Europe tonight there will be no further signings just loans and in my opinion this devalues our reputation and forces our own players onto the bench. Sorry state... <cr>

Funny how we would all accept a 34 year old has been, because he plays for Ajax. But he wouldnt be any better than christian daily, still a 34 year old has been!

Well done on demonstrating how little you know about European football (tu)

I suggested Rommedahl this time a year ago and I still think he could do a job for us.

We really need a direct player who will constantly hit the byeline and swing in a cross. Rommedahl can do the 100m in about 10 seconds and he has a decent level of experience.

Shame he's been pretty shit for the last few years.

" We dont want short deal options "

But because he played for Ajax you wont take him!

" We dont want short deal options "

But because he played for Ajax you wont take him!

No, I'd take him because I've seen him play regularly and I know he's incredibly fit for a 34 year old and has a superb left peg.

Sadly, a fit Ferguson apart, he'd be our best midfielder if we got him and that shouldn't be happening.

I'd quite happily take a midfielder on a 'short deal' until Ferguson came back actually.