2010 World Cup

Market

Tournament winner

Single - Italy

1 line at £20.00 per line

Total stake for this bet: £20.00

Potential Return: £340.00

Time: 30/05/10 21:53

Ladbrokes - Had some 2nd thoughts on this in the last few days but going for it.

Used up all my betting limit for the world cup but, I'm having a tenner on this:

Newcastle Join By End Of Summer Transfer Window: K Boyd to join by the end of 2010 Summer Transfer Window 11/4 £10.00 £37.50

Skybet - Think its the more likely, I'd certainly have him in a team before Shola Amoebi and while Sam wants a 20 goal striker, I can't see him playing for long ball Blackburn and neither Buemingham with them already having Jerome, keeping Phillips and signing Zigic and then Boyd make that their 4th striker? I can't see it though thats the 2nd most likely in my eyes.

I've been trying to cut down on my betting, been waiting 'til the world cup. But I still had a look at the games, and I picked Sweden, Ukraine and Paraguay on Wednesday, and Spain, Mexico and Germany yesterday. Kicking myself for not putting them on. Would have been about £600 up.

I think it was boab that tipped Uruguay to beat France a few weeks ago ? Well thats looking a good un, France got beat last night of china :ohmy: and their other 2 warm up games they have been pish!

I think it was boab that tipped Uruguay to beat France a few weeks ago ? Well thats looking a good un, France got beat last night of china :ohmy: and their other 2 warm up games they have been pish!

And still around the same price :wink:

Put on at the shop - Coral for some reason won't let any me deposit any money from their web-site - they had the best odds for it and Coral are the last place to have it at 3/1. I wish I took it at 7/2 some time ago though I'll put the money back to a different account as I had already used up my limit for the 28 days and I want to bet on the knock outs for the World Cup but I then won't bet at the back of July to the start of the season - £80 on Southampton winning the league at 3/1.

To get so near the play-offs with a ten point deduction was some feat last season, think they'll be a major force next season.

Put on at the shop - Coral for some reason let me deposit me money from their site, I was out, they had the best odds for it and Coral are the last place to have it at 3/1 and I wish I took it at 7/2 some time ago though I'll put the money back to a different account as I had already used up my limit for the 28 days but I then won't bet at the back of July - £80 on Southampton winning the league at 3/1.

To get so near the play-offs with a ten point deduction was some feat last season, think they'll be a major force ext season.

I really fancy Reading for the championship next year Boab, they were incredible after McDermott came in and I think he can keep it up next season as long as they hold onto folk like Gylfi Sigurdsson (tu)

My World Cup Bets:

Group Winners Acca - Argentina, England, Netherlands, Brazil, Spain

Lay Acca - Greece, Serbia, Algeria (to qualify), France (group winner)

Higuain - Top 4 Goalscorer

van Persie - Top 4 Goalscorer

Group B Straight Forecast - Argentina/South Korea

Group D Straight Forecast - Germany/Australia

(tu)

Now 14/5 :wink:

Put on at the shop - Coral for some reason let me deposit me money from their site, I was out, they had the best odds for it and Coral are the last place to have it at 3/1 and I wish I took it at 7/2 some time ago though I'll put the money back to a different account as I had already used up my limit for the 28 days but I then won't bet at the back of July - £80 on Southampton winning the league at 3/1.

To get so near the play-offs with a ten point deduction was some feat last season, think they'll be a major force ext season.

I really fancy Reading for the championship next year Boab, they were incredible after McDermott came in and I think he can keep it up next season as long as they hold onto folk like Gylfi Sigurdsson (tu)

(tu)

14/1, I'll see if I win any World Cup bets and think about taking them however strangely 7/2 for promotion.

Not been in here in a while but Willhill have a free £10 world cup bet, not sure if its been mentioned in here yet

If you join?

No, if your already a member you should get 1, when you pick your bet there should be a wee pull down bit under where you put how much you want to put on saying free £10

The 2010 World Cup gets underway this afternoon and one bookie believes the action in South Africa will result in the first-ever £1billion+ betting event

William Hill, who are giving £30 in free bets to new customers who open an account using bonus code WORLD30, have already taken a £200,000 bet from one punter, with another staking £110,000 on France to win the World Cup at 20/1.

Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe said: "We have taken a £200,000 bet from a telephone client on six countries either to qualify or miss out from the Group stage which could return £363,180 to the client.

"Another customer has staked £110,000 on France for the World Cup at odds of 20/1.

"It is an each-way bet which could make a profit of £1.65m - which would make it the biggest winning football bet of all time."

England continue to be well backed, with Hill's taking two £6,500 bets on the Three Lions winning the World Cup at odds of 8/1.

One punter has even backed the USA at 80/1, staking £5,000 on the United States going all the way.