***The Official St. Mirren v Rangers Thread***

Muff

The last ever St. Mirren v Rangers match at Love Street as they move to Greenhill Road in January.

___________________________Alexander________________________

_______________________Weir________Madjid___________________

Broadfoot______________________________________________Papac

_____________________Mendes______Thomson___________________

__Davis_____________________________________________Lafferty__

____________________Darcheville______Miller_____________________

* Adam drops out, now not really a fan of Lafferty on the left but I think it could work with the personnel around. Plus he's better than McCulloch and Beasley

* Darcheville keeps his place. No point in stop starting his performances. St. Mirren have a pretty physical back line and Darcheville was very effective against van Zanten, Jones and Hogg. His runs out wide will create space for the likes of Miller, Lafferty, Davis and Mendes to get forward. I'd expect Lafferty and Darcheville to be a little bit sharper after another week of training.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot On MuffGer I Would Like To See Aaron Come On For Darcheville Or Lafferty At Some Point

The last ever St. Mirren v Rangers match at Love Street as they move to Greenhill Road in January.

* Adam drops out, now not really a fan of Lafferty on the left but I think it could work with the personnel around. Plus he's better than McCulloch and Beasley

* Darcheville keeps his place. No point in stop starting his performances. St. Mirren have a pretty physical back line and Darcheville was very effective against van Zanten, Jones and Hogg. His runs out wide will create space for the likes of Miller, Lafferty, Davis and Mendes to get forward. I'd expect Lafferty and Darcheville to be a little bit sharper after another week of training.

:barf:

he is terrible, 2/3 times was one on one we the keeper and what happended landed on his ass with not a player near him, for a big lad he is a bit of a fairy with his sutton tactics!!

I'd go with that, not a darcheville fan but he did a job on sunday that i'm not sure everyone noticed.

_______________________Weir________Bougherra___________________

__Davis_____________________________________________Adam__

____________________Boyd______Miller_____________________

________________________Boyd______Miller_____________________

Cant disagree. I thought Darch had quite a good game tbh, as he caused them alot of problems and nearly scored (if he shot with his other foot or took one more touch) -

Edit: Ive put DMB on the wing instead of Lafferty - i feel that DMB's pace, he can get balls in to the front 2 and can even join them in a 4-3-3 if we want. Lafferty SHOULD start though but i think this is the team

__Davis_____________________________________________Beasley__

---------------------------------------- Alexander ----------------------------------------

Broadfoot -------------------- Magic --------------- Weir ------------------- The Papac

------------------------------ Thomson ------------ Mendes -----------------------------

Davis ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Beasley

---------------------------------- Boyd ---------- Lafferty -------------------------------

Rangers 4 - 0 St.Mirren

Davis

Mendes

Boyd (2)

:rangers:

Last trip to Love Street must be the only ground in Scotland you actually walk under another stand to get to the Stand at the side :craphead:

I shall be there at the game and for me i think it will be the same team as yesterday Walter seemed pretty pleased yesterday in his interview on Setanta with the way things went

---------------------------------------- Alexander ----------------------------------------

Broadfoot -------------------- Magic --------------- Weir ------------------- The Papac

------------------------------ Thomson ------------ Mendes -----------------------------

Davis ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Beasley

---------------------------------- Boyd ---------- Lafferty -------------------------------

Rangers 4 - 0 St.Mirren

Davis

Mendes

Boyd (2)

cant see miller not starting, wud like to see miller and lafferty upfront but it will probly be miller and boyd wif lafferty on the left

I'd go with this side too, although I wouldn't be unhappy if Adam started on the left of midfield and Lafferty took JCDs place up front. I do agree that JCD needs games though. (tu)

I can see Walter picking Boyd to start. <_<

Guest Andypendek

Alexander, Broadfoot, Papac, Weir, Bougherra, Mendes, Davis, Thomson, Adam, Boyd, Miller.

That's the best XI we've got, on the basis of the season so far.

________________________Boyd______Miller_____________________

(tu)