The official RM El Clásico thread

TMWWBK

I'm disappointed yet proud of the players.

Many in Madrid were shuddering at the thought of their team having to go into Camp Nou to face the high-flying, high-scoring Barca. Seemingly invincible, the stories coming out of Catalonia painted the picture of a team running amok, scoring at will, and turning one respected La Liga team after another into nothing more than shooting practice.

Sure, Madrid did abandon the idiosyncrasies that make up their footballing genes, but there really was no other option than to do so. Even if Sneijder had been fully fit and Pepe, Robben, van Nistelrooy and Diarra were available, the team would still have struggled.

Credit to Pep Guardiola; it was his introduction of Busquets that changed the game.

I'm abjectely proud of last nights performance.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Messi, as much as i hate the rolling about was being booted about for the 1st 20 mins or so, Real resorting to that kinda play truely shows that the era of the Galacticos is well and truely long gone

Hardly. The physical treatment dished out to Messi last night isnt really a new thing. Gago was actually signed just to halt him. Himself, Ronaldinho and the like have all been subject to that kind of treatment in the past.

Marca ran an article today that called Ramos "el Anti Messi".