Portsmouth eyeing up Emerson

Portsmouth have launched an audacious bid to sign former Brazil international Emerson, according to the player's agent.

The experienced midfielder is currently on the books of Italian giants AC Milan, but has seen first-team opportunities hard to come by this season.

He was left out of Carlo Ancelotti's squad for the weekend victory at Bologna, fuelling rumours that he is set for an imminent departure.

His availability is sure to attract interest from a clutch of clubs, with his impressive CV boasting numerous league titles and international honours.

Pompey are reportedly hoping that they can persuade the 32-year-old to move to England, with contact having already been made with the player's agent Vincenzo Morabito.

"We are negotiating on behalf of Portsmouth, and Milan are ready to sell," claimed Morabito in the Daily Mirror.

Terms

"We must consider that the player's contract will run out next June.

"It remains to be seen what his decision will be.

"A one-and-a-half-year contract would probably suit him."

Portsmouth boss Tony Adams has admitted that a midfielder and a striker top his wish list before the January transfer window slams shut, with a move for Emerson expected to be complemented by a loan approach for Real Madrid's Argentina international Javier Saviola.

"I would still like a midfielder and a striker and hopefully we can get them in this week - we need some bodies," said Adams.

"We have a budget here. I do not have £40m to spend and most of the work will be done in the summer."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4854943,00.html

I've hated Emerson ever since his horrendously awkward looking celebration run after scoring against Werder Bremen.

He also looks like an old man from India.

mr Wiese making a diddy of himself again haha :peanut:

He falls into the 'Florentino Perez horror signing' category alonside the likes of Walter Samuel, Jonathan Woodgate, Thomas Gravesen and Antonio Cassano.

Like he does with Andrea Dossena, Capello seems to have some weird infatuation with him. God knows why, even in his prime at Roma i still thought Tomassi was the better player.