***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

cause of all boyds goals like 4 have been against the top 6 most of them have been penaltys exept the one against dundee utd most of his goals have came against accies and cally thistle

smith was right to drop him and play lafferty but the service was awfull to lafferty he spent most of his time chasin down balls cause he was starved of service

Again, like i just wrote.

Boyd is a GOAL POACHER.

He needs quality service and players that will do that around him to get us goals, when he gets shite service, he'll end up doing what Lafferty did yesterday, not alot, but at least he can still create goals from sod all alot of the time, Lafferty didn't look like scoring at all.

I love how the 'service' argument for why Lafferty did sod all yesterday doesn't count toward Boyd.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cause of all boyds goals like 4 have been against the top 6 most of them have been penaltys exept the one against dundee utd most of his goals have came against accies and cally thistle

smith was right to drop him and play lafferty but the service was awfull to lafferty he spent most of his time chasin down balls cause he was starved of service

Boyd is a GOAL POACHER.

He needs quality service and players that will do that around him to get us goals, when he gets shite service, he'll end up doing what Lafferty did yesterday, not alot, but at least he can still create goals from sod all alot of the time, Lafferty didn't look like scoring at all.

I love how the 'service' argument for why Lafferty did sod all yesterday doesn't count toward Boyd.

but in a game like that boyd wouldnt have chased players down tracked back made tackles put the effort in its a proven fact boyd hasnt been able to do it against the top 6 especially against the tic

IMO smith was spot on to drop boyd a would have rather smith played naismith and lafferty yesterday

but end of the day we didnt go 5 points behind celtic weres till 2 we beat kilmarnock on sat we go top then the scum need to go to the shit hole fir park and try and get a result with the pressure on them well defo be top of the league this time next week

but end of the day we didnt go 5 points behind celtic weres till 2 we beat kilmarnock on sat we go top then the scum need to go to the shit hole fir park and try and get a result with the pressure on them well defo be top of the league this time next week

(tu)

To be honest, i would have just liked to see a 442 yesterday, even without Boyd, i just felt we needed two strikers!

(tu)

To be honest, i would have just liked to see a 442 yesterday, even without Boyd, i just felt we needed two strikers!

couldnt agree more a hate 4-5-1

4-4-2 is the way to go and WILL win us the league

Boyd is a GOAL POACHER.

but in a game like that boyd wouldnt have chased players down tracked back made tackles put the effort in its a proven fact boyd hasnt been able to do it against the top 6 especially against the tic

IMO smith was spot on to drop boyd a would have rather smith played naismith and lafferty yesterday

I had this discussion with a few guys in the pub yesterday after the game about Lafferty and his aimless running, chasing far too many lost causes. I mean why the fcuk do you want a player chasing lost causes? They’re lost causes FFS. There’s a hint in the word LOST. I mean, of course they may force the occasional mistake but I doubt they’d do as much as an out and out striker standing in the right positions waiting to pounce (Think Boyd on the back pass against D Utd in the cup final) now correct me if i'm wrong but aren't they a top 6 club (thats another debate though)

Too many people credit pointless running about. If that’s what they want they should just sign some fcuking Kenyan and he’ll run all day for you, he won't get you goals but he will run all day.

Boyd is a GOAL POACHER.

I see no logic in that statement what so ever, I mean had Celtic been awsome yesterday and we struggled to cope with them then I could see your point. However they were shi.te, one of the worst Celtic sides I reckon we have ever faced and IMO we should attacked more (changed to 4-4-2) in the 2nd half and tried to win the game. I mean call me crazy but wouldn't a 4 point lead after the Killie game (assuming we win) be more pressure for them than a 1 point lead?

But hey if your happy with a pathetic draw then good luck to you (tu)

4 5 1 Will NOT win us the league as all it produces is anti football and no scoring draws. We had 4 4 2 when we WON at Celtic Park.

We need to play 4 4 2 and play Boyd and Lafferty up front as Miller would not score in a brothel.

Ferguson needs to start playing or be dropped too.

Exactly 442 is how we won at parkhead, and we lost last OF but we were all over them the whole game with a 442, and were unlucky not to do anything about.

442 is what we need in these games, we did a 451 against aberdeen and it was shocking, we shouldn't have been going for the draw then, as we had the chance to go top, and we played it again yesterday, and the first half was the most shocking football i'd seen in ages, the second half got better but still.

Lafferty up front alone, with that sort of service was never going to score in a million years, yes he won headers and long balls, but headed them to noone, Casper if you will.

That mhisser strike, imo would have gone in if it was Boyd in his position at that point.

I think 442 would have been better to come out to after the 2nd half, with a Boyd/Lafferty partnership, or even a Boyd/Naismith, which STILL hasn't been tested.

The key point that both of you miss when you talk about our win at parkhead earlier in the season is that we had Thomson insted of Ferguson and Cousin insted of Boyd.

Those two players were the difference that day.

Also Boyd wouldn't have scored that Miller strike, but he wouldn't have worked the opening himself like Miller did.

The key point that both of you miss when you talk about our win at parkhead earlier in the season is that we had Thomson insted of Ferguson and Cousin insted of Boyd.

Those two players were the difference that day.

I've made a thommo thread, i acknowledge we had and need him back.

Simple thing here, Smith Played 4-5-1....what happened to their attack yesterday? Nothing thats what! They couldnt muster much of a chance and we were all over them in the second half.

What let us down yesterday was the players typical slow start which seems to happen all too often right now.

The game was there for the taking yesterday but....had we played 4-4-2 it would have been a completely different game for Celtic too.

Tactics worked and we were unlucky not to win the game.

Boyd is a GOAL POACHER.

I see no logic in that statement what so ever, I mean had Celtic been awsome yesterday and we struggled to cope with them then I could see your point. However they were shi.te, one of the worst Celtic sides I reckon we have ever faced and IMO we should attacked more (changed to 4-4-2) in the 2nd half and tried to win the game. I mean call me crazy but wouldn't a 4 point lead after the Killie game (assuming we win) be more pressure for them than a 1 point lead?

But hey if your happy with a pathetic draw then good luck to you (tu)

what and we were much better were fuckin rank rotten we never had one shot on goal the first half it was on the 50th min when borat had his first save which came from our CB makin an amorso type run and crossin it in and there CB nearly headin it in we had a couple of chances and never took them

a think a draw in hind sight was a good result ad much rather have 1 point than none weve only won 3 games at park head in recent years and 2 of them have been since watties been back

Dont even think about saying, "oh no, another boyd thread," or something along the lines of that.

Oh fuck, yet another Boyd thread.

Why do some of you people on this board go to rangers games then sing the Kris Boyd song then come back and rip the pish out of him?

Who? I guess you sit next to everyone on here who go to the games?

Goals this season.

Boyd: 20

Misser: 7

And your point is? How many assists does Boyd have. Miller has 7 in the league - an assist is up there with a goal and you can't complare Boyd and Miller.

Also saying 4 5 1 will win us the league? fuck off!

Great debating skills - 4-4-2 with Broadfoot, Ferguson and Boyd wont win the league. Why do you think we played McCulloch in the holding role. Wally obviously has concerns over Ferguson and feels the need to bring in a holding midfielder - 4-4-2 at Pittodrie or the piggery and we would have been torn apart. Every tough game, Wally will aproach it in the same way, unless he drops Ferguson. Yes we played 4-4-2 at the piggery earlier on in the season but that day we had Cousin and Thomson and that makes a big difference.

Boyd is the top scorer in Britain, yes when he isnt scoring he doesnt really do much else but what about the games he has won for us easily?

I really dont understand some "FANS" on here sometimes.

What the hell would Boyd have done yesterday - he's been awful in his last 4-5 matches and after his performance in the last Old Firm match and against Dundee United, he didn't deserve to be anywhere near the team yesterday.

I had to laugh at another thread. 'Boyd would have scored that Miller chance' - biggest load of bollocks ever! Yet when you say someone else playing in Boyd's position would have scored the goals, you get shit down.

Kris Boyd was on the bench yesterday and he never featured for a reason.