***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All you guys who really believe this, are 100% wrong.Truth is our club has no chance of winning anything(worthwhile) with him anywhere near the team.

I coz we have won so much since Walter came back with him out of the team! Look PB do you really need to start another thread about Boyd, fucksake you would seroiously think you believe he is the only reason we have not won the league in three seasons. Nothing to do with Fergie being shit, Walter playing boring shitebag football oh and Boyd getting us out of the shit in two cup finals last season, oh I note you said ...worthwhile... so you only count 52 trophies then, 51 leagues and a CWC?

All you guys who really believe this, are 100% wrong.Truth is our club has no chance of winning anything(worthwhile) with him anywhere near the team.

Ok and with Lafferty injured who comes in and scores the goals then? Ok granted he hasnt scored in 7 games but who would you play?

i'm a life long Gers fan but for the last few years have been out of Scotland and cant get to matches.....I try to keep up with the news but one thing puzzles me geatly........given the thread I'm sure you know whats coming next!

Kris Boyd is the country's top scorer and has been for some time...why can't he get in the team??? It seems to be the same with Scotland...we aren't exactly blessed with natural goalscorers but STILL he cant get a game.I've watched both Rangers and Scotland when they are on Tv and it seems that,especially Scotland,would play anyone but Boyd

Just what is the problem?

i'm a life long Gers fan but for the last few years have been out of Scotland and cant get to matches.....I try to keep up with the news but one thing puzzles me geatly........given the thread I'm sure you know whats coming next!

Kris Boyd is the country's top scorer and has been for some time...why can't he get in the team??? It seems to be the same with Scotland...we aren't exactly blessed with natural goalscorers but STILL he cant get a game.I've watched both Rangers and Scotland when they are on Tv and it seems that,especially Scotland,would play anyone but Boyd

Just what is the problem?

He wasn't getting a game for Scotland because Burley thought his attitude wasn't right. (tu)

Yes the great Boydinho has been fantastic recently hasnt he?!

I mean what is he 2 goals in 8 games of something now? I mean "he hits the ball and scores a goal" right?!

Honestly I'm sick and tired of his attitude and lack of effort in games and the fact Smith didn't just throw Miller on for him on Saturday totally bemused me. He was never going to get anywhere near scoring a goal on Saturday! If he isn't scoring goals he isn't doing anything else and finally I think a lot of fans are starting believe that.

Remember No Boyd = No Goals = No Title?

I doubt that's true at all!

yes Boyd has been very very very very very very bad but where has Mendes, Davis been over the last 3 weeks

This is true, and while we're supposed to keep it to being just about Boyd in this thread, it raises another point.

If Boyds suppliers have dried up and lost form, then this will be a major part of why he isn't scoring goals, as we know, he's unlikely to beat 2 men and score a solo goal.

Just another interesting point, I thought. I mean, Boyd has still been way off form the past couple of months anyway.

starting believe that.

Remember No Boyd = No Goals = No Title?

I doubt that's true at all!

i think tbh its more like

no regular strike partnership with a understanding of how to play together and with the midfield = no goals = no title

dont think it would have been as catchy though \ :craphead:

why is it boydy seems to get such a hard time?

you cant win games without goals and the simple fact of the matter is he scores more than any other...

his overall game might need improving but at the end of the day you need to play to your strengths

miller lafferty etc would work harder, but wouldnt score half the goals kris scores

what smith should be doing is building a team that can compensate for boydys lack of pace, work ethic etc....similar to what teams in the past did for coisty...only difference between mccoist and boyd is one thing....boyds a better finisher...scary to think that boyd could leave without the same legendary status as "our ally".

why is it boydy seems to get such a hard time?

you cant win games without goals and the simple fact of the matter is he scores more than any other...

his overall game might need improving but at the end of the day you need to play to your strengths

miller lafferty etc would work harder, but wouldnt score half the goals kris scores

what smith should be doing is building a team that can compensate for boydys lack of pace, work ethic etc....similar to what teams in the past did for coisty...only difference between mccoist and boyd is one thing....boyds a better finisher...scary to think that boyd could leave without the same legendary status as "our ally".

You know, reading your post, it reminds me of exactly the arguement I was making on this forum a year ago and still clung onto as recently as December... unfortunately the evidence is no longer there for this to be even remotely true....

Lafferty has scored as prolificly as Boyd has in a center forward role, the team scored 5 against Hamilton without Boyd, invariably the number of goals the team scores with Boyd in the side is not wildly different from the number we score without him... (would love someone to run the stats on this)

His attitude is stinking and the highlighted bit is, for me, becoming entirely moot. His overall game DOES need improving and he seemingly has no interest or ability to improve it.... Boyd has spunked his career away, he could have been the new Ally McCoist if he had learned the way Ally learned... he has not and in my opinon he will not improve.

It saddens me that this guy with an unrivalled ability to score goals, did not knuckle down and improve the other basics of the game and become a legend for club and country.

His attitude is stinking and the highlighted bit is, for me, becoming entirely moot. His overall game DOES need improving and he seemingly has no interest or ability to improve it.... Boyd has spunked his career away, he could have been the new Ally McCoist if he had learned the way Ally learned... he has not and in my opinon he will not improve.

Wholeheartedly agree!

This is probably as good as Kris Boyd is going to get for us, at the age of 25 there probably isn't much you can change in terms of the guys attitude and the way he goes about his game.

the short time Kyle Lafferty was on the pitch on Saturday showed me a more complete player in the forward role as he worked damn hard, was all over the pitch, made great runs, held the ball up, scored a good goal on top of it all! Shame he is now out for 6 weeks tho :(

i think the thing with boyd is hes a bit like marmite....you know the drill on that one.

i kinda disagree with a couple of parts of the responses to my previous post though....

i dont think boyd could be or ever could have been the "new ally mccoist", ally (as much as i love him) took over a decade to score the goals he scored....give kris a decade and he romp past allys record....

as i remember ally as well, he wasnt exactly the workhorse either....difference is the game suited a poacher then

i like big kyle but he still needs a bit of improvement too....similar to boyd in that he seems shorter when he jumps than when hes standing :P

I said to a few friends in jan when boyd looked to be off, if someone can come in and score as many goals im happy to take cash for him but as talented as lafferty appears to be i dont think he will be as natural a scorer

its sad that boydy puts us all in the position to have to debate this....as has been said its a waste of a talent that he hasnt become a more all rounder but i still think we should be accomodating his strengths.

Hopefully Boyd has put this international break to good use - if he's not scoring he's bloody useless. He's obviously going to play so we need him to start putting in a performance and scoring goals because there is no chance we can rely on Kenny Miller.

We'll soon see what Kris Boyd is all about.

If there was ever more of a chance he'd get a place in the team and time to do well, nows it, because when Laffertys back he'll have to put up a fight.

Hopefully Boyd has put this international break to good use - if he's not scoring he's bloody useless. He's obviously going to play so we need him to start putting in a performance and scoring goals because there is no chance we can rely on Kenny Miller.

I've lost any faith i had in Boyd, i don't expect to see anything different than what he's been producing recently.

Hopefully i'm wrong.