***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goram said: "Nobody mentions Kris Boyd in a nice way. He's the top scorer in Britain. I think he's a favourite for the Golden Boot.

"I think he's good at what he does, which is sticking the ball in the net. He has his faults as we all do.

"If we didn't have his goals then we would really be struggling. His goals have kept Rangers in it."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21249753/

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Velicka ran more in 9 minutes than Boyd did in 85.

I used to always say .. "Playing with Boyd is like starting a match 1-0 up but playing with 10 men."

Now i'm wondering, with only 1 goal in 5 games, will it be "Playing with Boyd is like starting a match 0-0 and playing with 10 men."

He is the most controversial player in recent times surely.

velicka looked like he was in even worse condition than boyd :unsure:

Already said elsewhere in another thread that boyd was neither brilliant nor completely useless again today, came up with the goal yes but in terms of overall contribution, he maybe had a couple of passes near the box setting up others and another near the half way line where he started some attacks. 50/50 again when it came to headers, it didnt help that half our team just punted it up aimlessly and then when either of our strikers did get the ball down, there was nobody around to support. I think boyd is almost the ultimate 50/50 player, one minute when he tries, he will win a good header, next he will give a foul away, today he had a good clearance in the box then the next one he completely sliced and weir got in to clear. He was doing a lot more chasing down at times but there were times when you wanted him to run and he just stood about. If he just put in that little bit more effort, he would probably have a lot more success as he has proved to be capable of playing a role in attacks this season by winning the ball or keeping the ball rolling.

Certainly faded as the game went on, like most people on the park and for that I wouldnt be to disheartened with him today

I was hoping to see a different Boyd today, unfortunatley I was wrong. Just as lazy and brutal as always.

He's lucky both Miller and Lafferty are injured.

Boyd won a few headers today, did chase defenders down, Novo was also chasing defenders down. They got fuck all service at all today, Messi would struggle with that pish, I thought Boyd had one of his better games outside the penalty area. Our service is absolutely brutal, I think a lot of people on here forget that (or choose to ignore it).

Goal apart, he was shite again.

But I think it was more down to the service and Novo's lack of sharpness more than anything else.

He has to realise that he doesn't have a God-given right to win every high ball.

Goal apart, he was shite again.

But I think it was more down to the service and Novo's lack of sharpness more than anything else.

He has to realise that he doesn't have a God-given right to win every high ball.

Are you not one of the guys that criticises him for NEVER winning a high ball?