***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

McCoists record before Smith came (including games as sub)

1983–84 47 games 20 goals

1984–85 38 games 18 goals

1985–86 40 games 27 goals

1986–87 56 games 38 goals

1987–88 53 games 42 goals

1988–89 33 games 18 goals

1989–90 40 games 18 goals

1990–91 36 games 18 goals

These included goals in every single season against Celtic.

In 1989/90 he broke the record for most goals in the Scottish Premier Division and Rangers post war goalscoring record

Countless goals in Europe and in cup finals (including a hat trick against Celtic)

Comparing McCoist to Boyd is laughable

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In 1989/90 he broke the record for most goals in the Scottish Premier Division and Rangers post war goalscoring record

Countless goals in Europe and in cup finals (including a hat trick against Celtic)

Currently yes, but in theory Boyd still has plenty of years left in him to reach those kind of records.

If anyone can do it he can, but it all depends on if he's got a long term future here and if he starts getting better with age.

The comparison is tempting because Boydy's come closest to McCoist since that time, but he's still nowhere near him IMO.

Shows what a Legend Coisty was

McCoist was here 8 years - Boyds first 3 year goal scoring record is better than McCoists first 3 years

Ist season - 20 goals in 17 starts for Rangers in the second half of that season, ending it with a total of 37 goals for Rangers and Kilmarnock

07 44 app 26 goals

07 - 08 41 app 25 goals

08 - 09 46 app 31 goals

McCoists first 3 years 65 goals - Boyd firts 3 full years 82!

Also check out this goal.

Comparision valid!

McCoist was here 8 years - Boyds first 3 year goal scoring record is better than McCoists first 3 years

Ist season - 20 goals in 17 starts for Rangers in the second half of that season, ending it with a total of 37 goals for Rangers and Kilmarnock

07 44 app 26 goals

07 - 08 41 app 25 goals

08 - 09 46 app 31 goals

McCoists first 3 years 65 goals - Boyd firts 3 full years 82!

Also check out this goal.

Comparision valid!

That is a cracking goal from Boydy has to be said. Almost impossible strike with his weak foot on the volley.

My fear for Boydy is - unless he drastically changes his body shape - he doesnt appear physically capable of athleticism (a few exceptions granted e.g. Hibs goal last season)

This restricts the dimensions he can add to his game (heading prowess, speed, movement etc...) purely to getting better at holding the ball up

To be honest though look at last season - Boydys no worse now, and yet last season he banged in 30odd goals. Currently, its a form thing more than anything.

Of course Boyd has scored some cracking goals too. The volleys against Partick Thistle and Dunfermline spring to mind plus the overhead kick against Hibs last season. The two goals in the video of Ally though were better than them all in my opinion. :praise:

My fear for Boydy is - unless he drastically changes his body shape - he doesnt appear physically capable of athleticism (a few exceptions granted e.g. Hibs goal last season)

This restricts the dimensions he can add to his game (heading prowess, speed, movement etc...) purely to getting better at holding the ball up

To be honest though look at last season - Boydys no worse now, and yet last season he banged in 30odd goals. Currently, its a form thing more than anything.

I'd add service to it as well to be honest.

The way the midfield and strikers worked together is different now to then. (Modern to 90's).

Service is poor to any of the strikers at the minute,

Younger members wont remeber Ally siiting on the bench for long spells, they also don't remember the amount of poor performances he put in for rangers and popped up with the winner - which we all praised him for at the time

I am glad he stuck it out because he ended up being a legend

What confuses me is how good a footballer he is made out to be, anyone who saw rangers during his time would never put footballing ability before his goalscoring ability

Ally is a Rangers legend for his goalscoring not his footballing ability

He is in my opinion a better all round player than Boyd - but I find it quite sad the criticism Boyd gets whenever the full team struggle against anyone

My respect for Boyd is because of his goalscoring record - I don't think he is playing as badly as some on here make out - but all opinions are valid

He certainly gets more stick on the internet than he gets at ibrox or any game I have been at

Lets hope he regains his scoring form soon and we can all get to supporting the team instead of looking for a scapegoat

Aye, decent point - a goal scorer is only as good as the goals he scores - but Superally also went through patches where the fans were on his back - contributed nothing unless he scored ! (oh and Ally only scored sitters from inside the 6 yeard box - well at least thats what HIS detractors then would have you believe!) If RM had been around then McCoist would have had his dedicated thread as well.

I've said this many times.

Regarding the point above about Boyd getting more abuse on the internet than they do at games - so does every player.

But this is a Boyd thread, so he's discussing how at games Boyd gets hardly any dogs abuse at all compared to t'internet ;)

I wish people could stop their teary eyed defence of Boyd as a 'scapegoat'. This is the Boyd thread, so naturally he's going to get some criticism as well as some praise.

[b]Regarding the point above about Boyd getting more abuse on the internet than they do at games - so does every player.[/b]

my post has no defence of boyd - but he is a scapegoat for many on here

i have no problem with justified criticism

Talking about Boyds weight and body shape, imagine if he got a long term injury where he couldn't run or do any exercise. He would gain even more weight and would you expect him to regain match fitness? The whole time Boyds been here I am really struggling to remember any kind of injury Boyd has had.

We played for 60 minutes or so without Boyd today and still never improved dramatically... so obviously the problems lay further behind just Kris Boyd... but bar him getting into a couple of good scoring positions, we still didnt look like scoring... I genuinely believe we missed something in the middle of the park today, be that the apparently invisible Mendes or the off form Davis...