***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

How would we even set up the team to accomodate boyd... would we have to leave Rothen out (arguably a player who is going to shine, and be the only player capable of creating good chances out wide consistantly) and replace him with a faster player like Beasley or Miller to compensate for Boyds lack of pace? :anguish:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you're looking into it too much.

Our forwards are just all poor, decent at one thing and shit at everything else.

Simple as that really!

I wouldn't say so mate, i think it's pretty obvious we need to sort out the service. Rothen like i said, might be a ray of light..

I'm fed up of seeing games where we have 1 shot on target the whole game, even the midfield used to go for it.

Boughie is the only guy doing it at the moment, and that's pretty bad.

How would we even set up the team to accomodate boyd... would we have to leave Rothen out (arguably a player who is going to shine, and be the only player capable of creating good chances out wide consistantly) and replace him with a faster player like Beasley or Miller to compensate for Boyds lack of pace? :anguish:

Square pegs in round holes and all that.

Leave Rothen out? No chance, like i just said, (and sorry for keep repeating) he's the only one knocking the ball into the box for us at the minute. I think it'll be crucial when he clicks with the team.

I wouldn't say so mate, i think it's pretty obvious we need to sort out the service. Rothen like i said, might be a ray of light..

I'm fed up of seeing games where we have 1 shot on target the whole game, even the midfield used to go for it.

It's swings and roundabouts mate.

Our strikers lack the technically ability to create move and space that our midfield can then move into.

It's swings and roundabouts mate.

Our strikers lack the technically ability to create move and space that our midfield can then move into.

Surely that is what a certain K Miller was bought for, if not why the fuck was he bought in the first place? Our midfield are too slow to support fuck all to do with movement up front, the biggest problem is that the defence play so deep they launch the ball to titches like Novo and Miller, expect them to hold it up for 20 seconds until the midfield decide to run forward to support, it has been like this for years, JCD used to get the ball in European games, run forward and cross it into the box for no cnut in particular because no one was following up to help him - shocking tactics imo.

we should never play one up front when playing at home, I don't care who the opposition is. So, in saying that, Boyd shold start alongside Naismith. He is our best option to score.

You would honestly start Kris Boyd against Seville...?

we should never play one up front when playing at home, I don't care who the opposition is. So, in saying that, Boyd shold start alongside Naismith. He is our best option to score.

Why not?

Right now? Because Kenny miller appears to be Watty's only option for playing that role and personally i don't want that useless cunt anywhere the team.

No point even having Boyd on the bench, in my opinion. Not that any of our other strikers are faring much better at the moment, but he'll be lucky to touch the ball, let alone score, if he does play.

Happy to be proved wrong of course!

Why not have him on the bench? We're already down to the bear bones as it is!

Why not?

Right now? Because Kenny miller appears to be Watty's only option for playing that role and personally i don't want that useless cunt anywhere the team.

Spot on. He is a shambles at the best of times, just now he is a total right off. The way he played on saturday was amateurish at best.

Why not?

Spot on. He is a shambles at the best of times, just now he is a total right off. The way he played on saturday was amateurish at best.

Miller is our best option right now in the lone striking role, like it or not.

As for Saturday performance the full team was amateurish.

No point even having Boyd on the bench, in my opinion. Not that any of our other strikers are faring much better at the moment, but he'll be lucky to touch the ball, let alone score, if he does play.

Happy to be proved wrong of course!

Why not have him on the bench? We're already down to the bear bones as it is!

He's not the kind of player that can come off the bench and change a game, in my opinion. Obviously there was the CIS Final, but that was the exception that proves the rule.

Boyd won't start against Sevilla and rightly so, but we should have him on the bench.

Who would you play up front? either 2 or 1?

We don't have the players to play a 2 up front, it's Miller in a lone striking role against Sevilla.

Its a scary thought. Of course if he gets a goal tommorow I will be happy.

Boyd won't start against Sevilla and rightly so, but we should have him on the bench.

Who would you play up front? either 2 or 1?

We don't have the players to play a 2 up front, it's Miller in a lone striking role against Sevilla.

Its a scary thought. Of course if he gets a goal tommorow I will be happy.

It be more of a scary thought if Boyd took on that lone striking role, and that's why he will be on the bench :pipe:

If anybody scores tomorrow on our way to a result towards Sevilla, I'll be more than happy.

Boyd should be no where the team tomorrow or sunday ad love to be able to drop all those useless bastarts because right now there all fuckin playin shite but tomorrow and sunday we need 11 warriors givin 100% not 10 and boyd doin fuck all

Don't know if Kenny Miller is the best option either - he's absolutely horrific, and there is no point in him playing that role if he's always going to be so far away from the box.

At this moment in time, our striking options are horrific. Sevilla could play 2 at the back, and still be pretty comfortable. I just hope our defenders and midfielders realise that long balls will be eaten up all day long by both Squillaci and Escude.