Would you ever bet against Rangers

durranty

this week at my work a few of the tims betted arsenal against them . i could never bet against the bears even if i thought we would lose ,how could you sit there wanting the other team to score against you ,though some tims will do anything for money . just wondering if anyone would bet against the gers.

Did it once, when St. Johnstone beat us 2-0 under Le Guen. You were getting 12's or 14's if I remember rightly. Didn't want St. Johnstone to win, just though our team was a shambles, and at that price it was easy money.

One of the worst games/performances I have witnessed at Ibrox!

Well, if you play for the jackpot you might have no other options. If theres Barcelona - Rangers what would you do?

Personally, i don`t know how to answer.Last time i put money on Rangers it was that 3:0 Lyon away game and i won 90 euro (tu)

I've done it. Main reason would be to mitigate disappointment if they do get beat.

The Cup Final when Leighton broke his jaw, Aberdeen were 7/1 to win that game. I bet against Rangers at the bookies, and bet the same amount of money on Rangers with an idiot I know in the pub next door. Worst case scenario, Rangers lose and I'm £70 richer. Best case, I lose/win nothing and Rangers win the Cup.

Actually, worst case scenario - a draw after 90 minutes. I lose £10 and anything can happen. Still think it was a decent bet though (tu)

for me, travelling fom NI, it would make sense to put a wager on us not winning to recoup costs should I be left disappointed. Cant bring myself too tho, I expect my team to win, even at the Nou camp :lol:

Aye, like Muff I seen it coming...tenner on Kaunas in the 2nd leg last season. Think it was 6 or 7/1.

I can understand why folk are against it but if its good odds and I am gambling man then I don't see why not. I'd still rather see a Rangers win than the money, I suppose the money would be/us a cushion to the defeat and if we did lose than I'd personally see it as 'a good bet'.

Well, if you play for the jackpot you might have no other options. If theres Barcelona - Rangers what would you do?

Personally, i don`t know how to answer.Last time i put money on Rangers it was that 3:0 Lyon away game and i won 90 euro (tu)

Me too, I'd bet on Gers to be the top scoring British team for that Tue/Wed CL matchday. it was 16/1 or something.

Similar(ish) situation 1st day of the season. Idiot in work asked if I wanted to bet on the Aberdeen v Celtc game. He bet me a tenner that Aberdeen would win! I nearly snatched his hand off. I'd have been the happiest man in Aberdeenshire if I'd had to hand him a tenner. As it was, Celtc won which I knew they would, I got my Fantasy League team paid for at work. At no point did it cross my mind that I wanted Celtc to win. A bet is a financial transaction. Start betting with your heart, that's when you'll run into problems (tu)

Don't really bet on them to win either though as the odds are usually shocking.

Aye, agree with that and is why I enjoy betting on Old Firm games as the odds are a bit more generous.

how can people sit there & get joy out of rangers getting beat :anguish:

I've never got pleasure from Rangers getting beaten. In fact, I don't think I've ever won money off them getting beaten. I've lost money on Rangers winning games. It didn't affect my pleasure at them winning in even the slightest way. I can't see the problem.

I might not be a gambling man in the first place, but I would never spend money in the belief of Rangers losing.

That's a way of thinking I cannot begin to comprehend.