Let's be Similiar to/in the same way as Cetic...

Boab

No doubt some people will point to me, as a closet 'jungle jim, again and perhaps too 'pc' (although it hasn't been said too often to be fair) but I feel this is a decent and good point to make and I also hope that Frankie will make a comment also.

Wouldn't this be a really respectful and honourable thing to have in our official matchday Programme:

From the Celtic Matchday programme:

SOCIAL MISSION STATEMENT

Introduction:

Celtic Football Club is legendary and as with most legends as much myth as fact surrounds its history and what the Club stands for today. The Social Mission Statement aims to simply define what the Club stands for and seeks to promote within society.

History

Celtic Football Club was founded in 1888, its Prinicipal Founder was a Marist Brother named Walfrid. The Club had two principal aims: The first aim was to raise funds to provide food for the poor of the East End of Glasgow, an area of the City that was greatly impoverished and a high rate of infant morality. Within the East End was a large Irish Community and friction was growing between the the native Glaswegians and the new influx of Irish. Brother Walfrid saw the need for social integration and his vision was a football club that Scottish and Irish, Protestants and Catholics alike could support. A new football club would be a vehicle to bring the communities together and this was the second aim. The Marist brother sought the Club to have both a Scottish and Irish identity and hence, the Club's name ''Celtic'' came about, representing a bridge of cultures across the Irish Sea.

Current Positioning of Celtic Football Club

Celtic is a Scottish football club with proud Irish links. The primary business of Celtic is as a football club. It is run on a professional business with no political agenda. However, the Club has a wider role and the responsibility of being a major Scottish insitution promoting health, well being and social integration.

Who is Celtic Football Club for?

Celtic Football Club is for people who want to support a football club that strives for excellence in Scotland and in Europe, is proud of its History, supportive of its local community and seeks to support the following aims: ''To maximise all opportunities to disassociate the Club from sectarianism and bigotry of any kind. To promote Celtic as a Club for all people, regardless of gender, age, religion, race or ability.''

Summary

Celtic is a club for everyone who believes in football as a medium for healthy pleasure, entertainment and social integration. The Club always has been and always will simply aim to be the team of the people.

*******************************************************************************************************

This monologue, perhaps you could you call it, is in NO way of me trying to glorify Celtic Football Club. Not at all. And I also hope that the thread doesn't turn into a 'have a go at Celtic thread' but a good debate on us by us.

However, and this is the main reason for me actually not only taking the time to write all that but more importantly why I opened/created this thread, is because I feel that we could (and yes - should) take a leaf out our greatest rivals book - excuse the pun - by having our own Mission Statement, what do you, as fellow Rangers fans, think?

Not only would it maybe even help to stop squabbles within our debate but give the open public a clear standpoint of RFC.

Ps. I admit that I could have just wrote - should we have a Mission Statement and save a shit load a time? :P But I went for it.

No doubt some people will point to me, as a closet 'jungle jim, again and perhaps too 'pc' (although it hasn't it hasn't often to be fair) but I feel this is a decent and good point to make and I also hope that Frankie will make a comment also.

Wouldn't this be a really respectful and honourable thing to have in our official matchday Programme:

SOCIAL MISSION STATEMENT

Introduction:

Celtic Football Club is legendary and as with most legends as much myth as fact surrounds its history and what the Club stands for today. The Social Mission Statement aims to simply define what the Club stands for and seeks to promote within society.

History

Celtic Football Club was founded in 1888, its Prinicipal Founder was a Marist Brother named Walfrid. The Club had two principal aims: The first aim was to raise funds to provide food for the poor of the East End of Glasgow, an area of the City that was greatly impoverished and a high rate of infant morality. Within the East End was a large Irish Community and friction was growing between the the native Glaswegians and the new influx of Irish. Brother Walfrid saw the need for social integration and his vision was a football club that Scottish and Irish, Protestants and Catholics alike could support. A new football club would be a vehicle to bring the communities together and this was the second aim. The Marist brother sought the Club to have both a Scottish and Irish identity and hence, the Club's name ''Celtic'' came about, representing a bridge of cultures across the Irish Sea.

Celtic is a Scottish football club with proud Irish links. The primary business of Celtic is as a football club. It is run on a professional business with no political agenda. However, the Club has a wider role and the responsibility of being a major Scottish insitution promoting health, well being and social integration.

Celtic Football Club is for people who want to support a football club that strives for excellence in Scotland and in Europe, is proud of its History, supportive of its local community and seeks to support the following aims: ''To maximise all opportunities to disassociate the Club from sectarianism and bigotry of any kind. To promote Celtic as a Club for all people, regardless of gender, age, religion, race or ability.''

Summary

Celtic is a club for everyone who believes in football as a medium for healthy pleasure, entertainment and social integration. The Club always has been and always will simply aim to be the team of the people.

This monologue, perhaps you could you call it, is in NO way of me trying to glorify Celtic Football Club. Not at all.

However, and this is the main reason for me actually not only taking the time to write all that but more importantly why I opened/created this thread, is because I feel that we could (and yes - should) take a leaf out our greatest rivals book - excuse the pun - by having our own Mission Statement, what do you, as fellow Rangers fans think?

Not only would it maybe even help to stop squabbles within our debate but give the open public a clear standpoint of RFC.

So why did they (the same club who wrote that) clear Pearson for hi9s IRA singing at a club function

The mission statement is a good one, but the question is do they practice what they preach? The answer may be not quite.

Does their support go by the mission statement - well thats a definite NO at least for some of them.

Should we at RFC have a mission statement? It would be easy to do so and in many ways be very similar to that of Celtic.

Question is - What would it really achieve?

Answers on a postcard to RMEDIA - att: nvager

The mission statement is a good one, but the question is do they practice what they preach? The answer may be not quite.

Does their support go by the mission statement - well thats a definite NO at least for some of them.

Should we at RFC have a mission statement? It would be easy to do so and in many ways be very similar to that of Celtic.

Question is - What would it really achieve?

Answers on a postcard to RMEDIA - att: nvager

The idea of a mission statement is indeed a good idea. Most large companies indeed have a mission statement and I would be surprised if somewhere at Ibrox there is not a mission statement posted.

The problem is and this stretches throughout business whether it be football or industry is the implementaion of this statement when it is going to hurt the balance sheets.

Celtic's statement does indeed look good on paper. However it states they were formed to help the poor from the East End of Glasgow both Scottish and Irish. In all the times I've been to the dark sides ruin, I can't recall any sign of their Scottishness. Tricolors everywhere.

To promote Celtic as a Club for all people, regardless of gender, age, religion, race or ability.''

How many protestants in the 100 year+ of their history have served on their board of directors?

Why are sectarian chants about paramilitaries allowed to go unchecked?

These are rhetorical questions as I realize that they don't want to alienate a large section of their fan base any more than Rangers would.

To this end I would not like to see Rangers be hypocritical and post something that at this time would be impossible to live up too. We know we have problems, RHS etc. Lets put our house in order before we post false statements.

I would like to have a similar mission statement in our programme to be honest. But unfortunately, some aren't proud of their history and heritage and want us to be a football only club.

A mission statement might alleviate some of the confusion and I like the idea.

a wee bump, be good to see more views. Even Nvager has encouraged such views so its not just me loving my own thread :P:lol:

Anybody even have any ideas for such a mission statement?

No doubt some people will point to me, as a closet 'jungle jim, again and perhaps too 'pc' (although it hasn't been said too often to be fair) but I feel this is a decent and good point to make and I also hope that Frankie will make a comment also.

SOCIAL MISSION STATEMENT

Introduction:

History

Summary

*******************************************************************************************************

This monologue, perhaps you could you call it, is in NO way of me trying to glorify Celtic Football Club. Not at all. And I also hope that the thread doesn't turn into a 'have a go at Celtic thread' but a good debate on us by us.

However, and this is the main reason for me actually not only taking the time to write all that but more importantly why I opened/created this thread, is because I feel that we could (and yes - should) take a leaf out our greatest rivals book - excuse the pun - by having our own Mission Statement, what do you, as fellow Rangers fans, think?

Ps. I admit that I could have just wrote - should we have a Mission Statement and save a shit load a time? :P But I went for it.

what about the RACE bit when their fans pelted mark walters with bananas.

I'm not one for buying Programmes, but what about a tape read out over the tannoy just before kick off,

Bill Struths quote about being a Ranger (apolgies for not knowiung it off by heart,) but that quote gets the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.