RangersMedia Charity Dinner 2010 (April 16th)

Following the resounding success of last year's annual dinner, RangersMedia is delighted to announce the date of this year's dinner will be Friday the 16th April, 2010.

The venue is the Wee Rangers Club on Edmiston Drive just West of Ibrox. Doors open at 7pm and the 3 course dinner will be served from 7.30pm. The cash bar will be open from around 7pm till 1am.

Scotland's best speaker John Gahagan will be our main speaker of the evening and we are delighted to announce that renowned ex-lawyer Bill Copeland and comedian Joe Cammy will complete the first-class line-up.

A raffle and auction with some superb prizes coupled with the very best Rangers tunes afterwards means you can expect little more for what will the event of the year in the online Rangers community.

Tickets are incredible value at £30 per person or £300 for a table of ten and demand is expected to be high.

You can pay via Paypal, by cheque or in cash at the WRC on match-day (PM for details). Full details are available within our forums.

All monies raised will go to our chosen charity, Moni Malawi which is building a school in the Kambudzi village of this beautiful (but severely challenged) African country.

Keep an eye on the site for more info regarding this exciting event. Please PM any admin member regarding any questions you may have regarding the dinner.

:beer1:

:wink:

-------

BUY NOW

http://www.rangersme...ydinner2010.htm

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest therabbitt

I'll be bringing some troops to this.

These three speakers would sell out at that price in a much bigger venue, even without dinner. There really couldn't be a better line up. A dream treble (just like Rangers' will be this year)...

Get in fast bears before the tickets get snapped up.

Fantastic charity too (tu)

Guest therabbitt

This is just one of the speakers, and he's the best on the after dinner speaking circuit (closely followed by our other two guests of honour)...

"Without doubt, the best after dinner speaker in Scotland" - DAILY EXPRESS

John Gahagan was born in Glasgow and freely admits that life never really began until he signed for Motherwell Football Club in 1979 following short spells at Clydebank F.C. and Shettleston Juniors.

John spent eleven years with Motherwell FC - the club he had supported as a boy. He played under such famous men as Ally McLeod, Davie Hay, Jock Wallace and Tommy McLean, winning two first division championship medals in 1981 and 1985.

After a glorious testimonial season in 1990, John moved to Greenock Morton where he spent four years under his favourite manager, Alan McGraw, before retiring in 1994.

"Masterful...." - SHETLAND TIMES

http://www.johngahagan.co.uk

Guest therabbitt
"...hilarious" DAILY RECORD

"great entertainment.." - EVENING TIMES

"John Gahagan ...best on the circuit" - SUNDAY MAIL

"Without doubt, the best after dinner speaker in Scotland" - DAILY EXPRESS

"Masterful...." - SHETLAND TIMES

I need to asses funds, hopefully I can make it.

Funds from Sunday....perfect.

Haha unfortunately I am unemployed the now. So that cash will be getting banked. Soon as I get a job I will be sorted.

Guest therabbitt

Aside from the fun-filled festivities that we have planned, it must be remembered that all the proceeds from the night are going towards a very worthy cause....

I just wanted to draw a comparison to show you partly a reason why RangersMedia has chosen to support the charity Moni Malawi for our dinner.

Just a few weeks ago, the Daily Record launched a fantastic campaign called 'Kits for Kids'; a programme whereby people can buy the Record and Mail to collect tokens to collect towards new football strips for their local SYFA registered team. (If you buy the Record, then be sure to get involved in this great cause via this link)

This is a great programme as it makes sure that many youth teams that couldn't otherwise get new strips due to lack of sponsorship, will have new kit for next year. There's a whole rake of different options that teams can take ranging from training kits, to rain jackets to full strips - here's a couple of the packages...

dgqxw8.jpg

mc3crn.jpg

However, in Malawi, one of the poorest countries in the world, the scenario is much, much different. Children struggle every day with hunger, lack of opportunity for an education and one of the highet rates of HIV/AIDS in the world.

Moni Malawi is trying to change that and has been involved in programmes across Malawi in order to make the lives of some of the poorest people on our planet a little better.

In Scotland, our children might have the opportunity to have a choice of colour of their rain jackets, but in Malawi, playing football is a bit of a different experience as this picture, taken in a village in Malawi shows:

5lqjw6.jpg

Quite the difference to the chances in life that many of us take or granted here in Scotland.

However, Moni Malawi has been raising money to help the people of Malawi, something that RangersMedia has always backed with our charitable works. From charity raffles, online auctions, dinners, charity football matches and more, we've been committed to this great charity for some time. At present, the money we raised for our last charitable vent is going towards Moni Malawi's goal to build a nursery in the poverty-stricken town of Kambudzi.

So aside from the fact that you will be having a cracking night out, with amazing speakers and some good cultural music, it's humbling to remember that by coming to this dinner and simply having a good time, you are also helping some of the most needy people in the world in the great name of the supporters of Glasgow Rangers Football Club.

I've not seen loads of after dinner speakers, but of those I have seen, John Gahagan ranks top.

ive een loads but reason im looking forward to this is ive not seen any of these 3 but ive mates who say all 3 are brilliant so i canny wait

gaz bring your wallet im on the voddies

Guest therabbitt

With contacts, RangersGary and BITC taking control of this dinner, I too will be cutting loose on the vodies......the whisky......lager.......the Toilet Duck.....