Nacho Delays Flight To Say Goodbye To Fans In N.I

Stu1993

NACHO NOVO will still head to Belfast tomorrow to meet Rangers legions of fans in Northern Ireland - before he travels to Spain to be unveiled as a Sporting Gijon player.

The Spanish striker agreed to join the La Liga side on Friday night after securing a two-year deal with an option for a further season, turning down interest from Espanyol, Middlesbrough, Panathinaikos and MLS outfit DC United.

Nacho will travel to his homeland later this week for a medical and a signing ceremony, but only after he has fulfilled his promise to meet the supporters in Belfast as his new autobiography 'I Said No Thanks' gets launched in Northern Ireland.

Both signing sessions at Waterstones in Belfast and Lisburn will now take place tomorrow afternoon.

It will be an emotional visit for Nacho as he says thanks and goodbye to the fans who have idolised and supported him over six years at Ibrox.

"I am 31 now and need to play, for the sake of my career I need games having spent a lot of time on the bench at Rangers in the past couple of seasons," said Novo.

"It was a hard decision to leave Rangers as everyone knows what the clubs means to me.

"It will always be my family; the club will always be in my heart. It's been a crazy few days, and it's probably not sunk in yet that I am leaving - I will miss Rangers, and the supporters so much. They are the best in the world.

"Sporting Gijon have had a big interest in me for six months. They wanted an answer quickly.

"I wanted to get things resolved so I knew what my future would be before the summer started.

"To play in La Liga is a dream come true. I grew up supporting Real Madrid. Now I will get the chance to play against them."

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Call me cynical.....

Surly you ain't suggesting he's using us to flog more books... :sherlock:

Now you suggest that... :sherlock:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Call me cynical.....

Surly you ain't suggesting he's using us to flog more books... :sherlock:

Now you suggest that... :sherlock:

Wonder if he'll do a North America and a wee trip to Australia too, just to say goodbye... :sherlock:

All that travelling just for the fans, some man :sherlock:

I hate novo glad he is gone and believe me when i say im not the only one.

He already had this arranged the fact he moved teams shouldnt change it/

how can you hate him <cr>

He is a catholic who acts like a loyalist trust me when i say alot of fans feel the same as I do.

He spends his time trying to get the fans to like him. All of my mates with season tickets feel the same.

I hate novo glad he is gone and believe me when i say im not the only one.

He already had this arranged the fact he moved teams shouldnt change it/

how can you hate him <cr>

He is a catholic who acts like a loyalist trust me when i say alot of fans feel the same as I do.

He spends his time trying to get the fans to like him. All of my mates with season tickets feel the same.

I sincerely hope that someone has hacked your account.

some of these comments, okay he wasnt the most gifted player but he was loved, been at this club for six year, played a part in everyone of our biggest games almost and hes getting this disrespect ?