Call of Duty: MW3

MurphyRFC

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond

Activision Blizzard Inc. plans to launch an online service called Call of Duty Elite this fall that will work with the next major edition of the game, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," and future installments of the hyper-realistic combat-simulation game. In a move industry executives describe as a first, Activision plans to charge a monthly subscription fee for the service, which will provide extra content that isn't offered on game discs sold in stores, including downloadable map packs that give players new "Call of Duty" levels to play.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it had to come, we pay quite bit of money for the game but this creates extra revenue for design house and publishers.

We buy 2 map packs every year, this is just more of the same

:drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VTt3fHNqGM

:lol: :lol: @ The ending

Register to Request a Beta Invite

You Have Been Registered To Be A Beta Tester!

Call of Duty® Elite will begin its closed beta test later this summer. We will let you know by email if you have qualified to take part. The invite will contain a link and any further instruction.

Thank you for registering!

Join the beta

More info on COD-Elite Here

Fuck paying anything if its gonna be like MW2 or Black ops. These two games online where and are pish.

I would pay a few quid a month if it was like COD4 and was worth it. I hope they bring back 3-5-7 kill streaks.

UAV, PLANE,HELI. they ruined the last two games by putting far to much in it. Keep it simple.

paying monthly for a game that still hasnt changed its engine since mw1 ? fuck that battlefield 3 all the way there new game engine brings 1st person shooters to a whole new leve

The CoD4 engine is the same as CoD2, which is the same as the first CoD's engine.

paying monthly for a game that still hasnt changed its engine since mw1 ? fuck that battlefield 3 all the way there new game engine brings 1st person shooters to a whole new leve

Your not paying monthly for the game :)

Fuck paying anything if its gonna be like MW2 or Black ops. These two games online where and are pish.

I would pay a few quid a month if it was like COD4 and was worth it. I hope they bring back 3-5-7 kill streaks.

UAV, PLANE,HELI. they ruined the last two games by putting far to much in it. Keep it simple.

Don't lie

The game will cost what it costs, anything that we currently get for free i.e. online play, we will STILL get for free.

The 'Elite' system will provide a way to link players together ... imagine a Facebook for Gamers, from what I have read I beleive the basic system will be free, the matching up with friends, comparing stats, creating clans etc will be free.

The additional costs will be for extra things, similar to PlaystationPlus ... no idea what they would be providing for the fee but again, i imagine it would be things like new additonns for your gamer image, extra camoflage ... probably maps too.

If you don't pay, you can still play exactly the way you are at the moment.

Like most things, it's entirely up to you !!

im definitely getting battlefield 3 go to youtube and type in battlefield 3 e3 press conference and you see for yourselves how gd it looks . btw if you watch it you will notice the guy who is talking keeps reminding us its a FREE ONLINE SERVICE